University of Tampa 2020-2021 Application cycle!

7 hours ago, NLere97 said:

Question for you guys that were waitlisted & then received an interview on Monday, when was the deadline for you to respond?  

No deadline stated on the email! From what I remember on the initial email too that they’ve contacted people to interview as late as the day before and the morning of the interview. Just hope more people declined the second rounds of invitations so you can move up the queue. 

• Upvote 1

I hope you all are doing well! For those of you who landed an interview I say way to go! For those waitlisted for an interview I hope you get that great email we all were so frantically checking for. And for those of you rejected (like me) please know that you are awesome too. I have realized this is not an easy thing to do. One of my mentors who is an orthopedic attending physician at the level one trauma where I work told me it is now harder to get into PA school than medical school. Also, UT is an incredibly hard school to even land an interview. Be proud of yourselves because I certainly am. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Strpa said:

I hope you all are doing well! For those of you who landed an interview I say way to go! For those waitlisted for an interview I hope you get that great email we all were so frantically checking for. And for those of you rejected (like me) please know that you are awesome too. I have realized this is not an easy thing to do. One of my mentors who is an orthopedic attending physician at the level one trauma where I work told me it is now harder to get into PA school than medical school. Also, UT is an incredibly hard school to even land an interview. Be proud of yourselves because I certainly am. 

Thank you so much for this!! Such a great outlook to have and I’m sure I’m speaking for many when I say I truly appreciate the support! Even though I was fortunate enough to land an interview, I empathize with those that didn’t because this cycle was SO TOUGH. Be proud of yourselves for even pursing such a competitive career. We got this! Good luck everyone 🙂 

1 hour ago, alexafuturepa said:

I was placed on the interview waitlist on 12/18 and received an invitation for an interview this morning. It is a wonderful program but  I will not be accepting this invitation due to commitment to another program. I hope this will open up a spot for one of you, you all seem  like great applicants!! Best of luck 🙂 

Thank you so much for the update. Congrats on your acceptance! 

8 hours ago, alexafuturepa said:

I was placed on the interview waitlist on 12/18 and received an invitation for an interview this morning. It is a wonderful program but  I will not be accepting this invitation due to commitment to another program. I hope this will open up a spot for one of you, you all seem  like great applicants!! Best of luck 🙂 

Would you mind sharing your stats? I was waitlisted as well. Also, congrats on your acceptance to the other program! 🙂

For those of you that received an interview invite this past week- did Christina reach out to you by phone within 48 hours like the email stated?

I followed the directions by completing the survey to reserve my spot for 1/29 this past Monday and it's past 48 hours and the deadline to respond is tomorrow at noon, so I'm kind of getting nervous lol. I know the email stated they'll be back in office by 1/4 due to the holidays BUT it would be nice for a confirmation prior to the deadline to respond. I emailed her so hopefully I will get a response soon.

On 12/18/2020 at 1:39 PM, Luke92 said:

Waitlisted for an interview as well.

Reading the previous posts, i’m a bit surprised the interviews will be in-person. But at the same time I’m also not surprised.

I interviewed with them during their inaugural cycle 2 years ago. And they’re very serious about their MMI process and I can imagine  how complicated that’d be on zoom.

“We can and have offered an interview invitation as late as the day before the interview or morning of the interview. We recommend you remain prepared during our interview season, currently January 2021.”

I’m from out of state. And in the event they contact us last minute, I’m just wondering how non-local applicants can even make it on time. Hoping it doesn’t come down this though.

Thanks for the info! You mentioned they are serious about the MMI process, can you give any examples of what you experienced two years ago? Any tips are so appreciated! 

6 hours ago, eschulte said:

For those of you that received an interview invite this past week- did Christina reach out to you by phone within 48 hours like the email stated?

I followed the directions by completing the survey to reserve my spot for 1/29 this past Monday and it's past 48 hours and the deadline to respond is tomorrow at noon, so I'm kind of getting nervous lol. I know the email stated they'll be back in office by 1/4 due to the holidays BUT it would be nice for a confirmation prior to the deadline to respond. I emailed her so hopefully I will get a response soon.

Yeah she called and left a voicemail the same day I received and filled it out. 

I tried calling this am and left a VM and sent an email yesterday and still no word. I guess we will hear something when they are back in office 1/4. I did try to click on the date option again in the email and it said that I have already completed the survey or it expired. Given it said in the email that I have until 12/31 by noon to answer; I don't think it expired. But it's hard not to get concerned when you didn't receive a call or some sort of confirmation that you reserved your spot. lol

On 12/31/2020 at 11:59 AM, eschulte said:

I tried calling this am and left a VM and sent an email yesterday and still no word. I guess we will hear something when they are back in office 1/4. I did try to click on the date option again in the email and it said that I have already completed the survey or it expired. Given it said in the email that I have until 12/31 by noon to answer; I don't think it expired. But it's hard not to get concerned when you didn't receive a call or some sort of confirmation that you reserved your spot. lol

I completed the same exact steps. Thank you so much! It truly is nerve-racking.

Edited by Abrojas96

On 1/4/2021 at 11:02 PM, ThefuturePA said:

Good luck to everyone who has an interview in the next few weeks!! Hang in there if you didn’t get an interview because they can send you an interview invite at anytime! UT PAM is an exceptional program, the absolute best in my opinion coming from a current UT student. 

Thank you for your encouraging words. 

Through your experience- any advice on the MMI besides practicing? 

5 hours ago, eschulte said:

Thank you for your encouraging words. 

Through your experience- any advice on the MMI besides practicing? 
I loved the MMI questions more than traditional interview. Even though they make it sound scary when other students talk about MMI, but for me. It was perfect! You have the opportunity to prove yourself multiple times instead of just one traditional interview. Best advice is read about MMI possible questions and familiarize yourself with current events Related To PA profession. That’s the best you can do and be yourself 

• Like 1