2020 cycle

8 hours ago, bananapop said:

Does anyone have an idea of how many seats they have filled? I just submitted a few days ago and am worried their seats (50-53 students) are being filled so fast especially with them having large interview days even through their deadline is so late in the cycle. Keeping my fingers crossed though!

I wouldn’t be worried! If you look at last years cycle there were people receiving acceptances into January! Of course it’s even better to apply early, but I think you’ve still got a good shot!

Interview is tomorrow (best of luck everyone!). Would anyone who has already interviewed mind shedding light on the schedule? Essentially we're viewing a video at 7:05am, followed by an interview portion at 7:50 am (Group 1). We then watch a campus tour and return to the Zoom meeting at 11:30am. Is the final Zoom session an additional interview, a student panel or a final chance to ask questions? 
Also is the interview itself one on one or before a panel? Just trying to prepare for what time of day I should mentally prepare to do the actual interview. Thank you so much for your time and congrats on making it this far! I wish you the very best of luck! 

What program is this for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, jazzydancer said:

I got a spam call and I swear my blood pressure spiked. I hope we get calls tomorrow, my poor heart can't take this. And here I thought that waiting for the interview was the hard part.

Haha I got a spam call as well today!  Right around 2, which from earlier posts seems to be around when they call.  Maybe the virtual tour on Sunday tied the faculty up and they needed extra time to make their decisions.

17 minutes ago, chris13417 said:

Haha I got a spam call as well today!  Right around 2, which from earlier posts seems to be around when they call.  Maybe the virtual tour on Sunday tied the faculty up and they needed extra time to make their decisions.

Oh yeah I forgot about that. Plus they had a rescheduled info session for yesterday that may have caused issues as well. All I know is I'm crossing my fingers for all of us for tomorrow calls!

46 minutes ago, Chloe7116 said:

In the next few days I will be forfeiting my seat in the program because I was accepted to my top choice this afternoon. Hopefully this opens up a spot very soon for somebody who is super ecstatic about getting into the Marist program!! Good luck guys!! 

Awww congratulations!!! So happy for u! Wish u all the best

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, femeredith said:

How long would you say it took you guys to do interview prep? If anyone wants to chime in. Much appreciated! 

I spent the month before preparing.  I watched as many mock interviews I could find on YouTube to get a feel for the types of questions and how to answer them to set myself apart.  I also did a mock interview over Zoom the week of just to solidify my answers.  I spent less time actually preparing answers than I wanted to due to working full-time and taking classes as well, but honestly if you know why you want to be a PA you should do well on the interview.  I found that answers just came naturally the day of because of the way they conduct their interviews at Marist.  I went in very nervous and came out thinking it was a fun experience.  Good luck!

• Like 1