2020 cycle

I also received an interview invite on 8/19! It's my first interview and I'm excited but super nervous. I'm more on the shy/quiet side and interviews generally are not my strong suit. Just curious if anyone who has been accepted can identify with this and how the experience was for you?

18 hours ago, KrissyT said:

I also received an interview invite on 8/19! It's my first interview and I'm excited but super nervous. I'm more on the shy/quiet side and interviews generally are not my strong suit. Just curious if anyone who has been accepted can identify with this and how the experience was for you?

I consider myself an introvert and thought it might hinder my interview performance, but the Marist interview process was very laid-back and by the time it came to the actual interview questions I felt very relaxed and felt like I already knew my interviewers.  I would recommend talking when you feel like it would be appropriate.  When you are in between interviews try to engage with the other interviewees and the faculty member that is moderating the Zoom lobby.  You want to come off as personable and engaging.  Believe me, it will be easier than you think come interview day.  Hope this helps and good luck!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Jujumo said:

Hi everyone, I will be applying late this cycle to Marist ( hopefully tomorrow by the latest). I have a question since the limit of the supplemental essay on CASPA is pretty high (9999), how long should I suppose to limit myself writing this? Please kindly advise. Thanks!

My supplemental essay was about 2000 characters.  It was only a few small paragraphs but I made sure that I conveyed why I really wanted to go to Marist. Good luck!

2 hours ago, chris13417 said:

I consider myself an introvert and thought it might hinder my interview performance, but the Marist interview process was very laid-back and by the time it came to the actual interview questions I felt very relaxed and felt like I already knew my interviewers.  I would recommend talking when you feel like it would be appropriate.  When you are in between interviews try to engage with the other interviewees and the faculty member that is moderating the Zoom lobby.  You want to come off as personable and engaging.  Believe me, it will be easier than you think come interview day.  Hope this helps and good luck!

This was so helpful. I am in the same boat. This has helped me feel quite relaxed about the interview.  Did you feel that there was a lot of people on the zoom call at once and that during the “Zoom Lobby session” you really needed to make an effort to speak or was there plenty of opportunity to speak up when you wanted?Thanks for sharing! 🙂 

4 hours ago, Jujumo said:

Hi everyone, I will be applying late this cycle to Marist ( hopefully tomorrow by the latest). I have a question since the limit of the supplemental essay on CASPA is pretty high (9999), how long should I suppose to limit myself writing this? Please kindly advise. Thanks!

Mine was a little less than a thousand, but I'm a pretty concise writer. I was also invited for an interview. I do not think they are worried about how long it is. Mostly what is in it. As long as you convey why you want to go there and why you would be a good fit I think you will be okay.

14 minutes ago, BeachBum7 said:

Congratulations!!!! When did you interview?!

8/14! Wishing you well and hope you crush your interview.

8 minutes ago, SuperToaster said:

Congrats my guy!! Do you mind sharing what your interview experience was like? I'm a nervous wreck just thinking about it! 😖😖

It was honestly the best interview experience I had. It was so easygoing, they actually care and listen to your answers. They're invested in you and want to see who you are as a person. They already know you're a great candidate and they want to know you more!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, PAK2020 said:

Has anyone who received an interview invite 8/19 gotten their specific date yet? Thanks! I am curious to see how many seats the program has left, or if they are just interviewing for their wait list at this time

I haven’t heard back since the 19 th!

23 hours ago, BeachBum7 said:

This was so helpful. I am in the same boat. This has helped me feel quite relaxed about the interview.  Did you feel that there was a lot of people on the zoom call at once and that during the “Zoom Lobby session” you really needed to make an effort to speak or was there plenty of opportunity to speak up when you wanted?Thanks for sharing! 🙂 

The only time there are a lot of people together in the same lobby is at the end for the Q & A session.  Other than that you will most likely be in a group of 10 or so people so it's not that difficult to find an opportunity to speak.  In between interviews I ended up talking about snowboarding and the hurricane that had just traveled up the coast.  It really was a very relaxing environment and the faculty are very nice.  By far the best interview experience I've had including PA school interviews and job interviews.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chris13417 said:

The only time there are a lot of people together in the same lobby is at the end for the Q & A session.  Other than that you will most likely be in a group of 10 or so people so it's not that difficult to find an opportunity to speak.  In between interviews I ended up talking about snowboarding and the hurricane that had just traveled up the coast.  It really was a very relaxing environment and the faculty are very nice.  By far the best interview experience I've had including PA school interviews and job interviews.

Awesome! This makes me feel so much better about it. Thank you for the info! 🙂 

On 8/31/2020 at 11:11 PM, Jujumo said:

applied 8/29. verified 9/1. hopefully I can still get the interview invitation soon ❤️ finger crossed. Just curious, anyone here get accepted or at least an interview with an average or lower STATS? 

I’ve only been offered an interview so far but my GPA is on the low end

• Upvote 1