2020 cycle

19 minutes ago, femeredith said:

Hi Could you share date of when you applied/were verified & when you got the interview email? Want to get an idea of the waiting timeline 

Not sure if you’re referring to me but I applied and was verified 5/18. Then my app went on hold because they had a question about one of my prereqs. I got my interview invite on 7/9 interviewed 7/24 and got accepted 7/28.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, josieg3 said:

CONGRATS!!!

Would anyone accepted be willing to share there stats and overall experience with interviews?

Overall experience with the interview was awesome. I interviewed with other schools as well and comparatively Marist was one of the more comfortable and a sort of conversational style to the process. In this sense it feels slightly less intimidating than others I’ve experienced. 

I was accepted about a week ago after an interview 7/24... my basic stats: 

cGPA 3.84 

sGPA 3.72 

3400 PCE as dental assistant, EEG tech, psych tech, and mental health aide with veterans with PTSD (this one is also volunteer) 

~1000 HCE sterilization and working with insurance 

~500? (Can’t remember exact) volunteer with 200 with veterans aux, AVON breast cancer, animal shelters, clothing drive during COVID for MHU units in hospitals 

1000 hours physiology research for US dept of defense and 300 hours emotion/interaction research 

3 letters of rec 

hope this helps! 

Im definitely not as qualified as chloe (good for you girl!) 

cGPA: 3.72 (messed up in freshman year lol)

sGPA: 3.83

2500+ shadowing MD & PA with patient direct contact 

250+ working in a PT office

3 years working in united nations (little different but they were very intrigued & asked alot of questions about this) 

1 1/2 years of research developing new chemotherapy for breast & cervical cancer

3 letters of rec 

overall i loved the feeling marist gave while interviewing, it felt warm & inviting. Along with others they’re really trying to sell themselves to you & make you wanna succeed with them. 
hope this helps! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chloe7116 said:

Just wanna confirm with anyone accepted from the 7/24 interview date, we can submit the deposit as late as 8/13 right? I know I see it in the email sent to me, but have been neurotically worried that I could possibly be reading it wrong and do not wanna risk it 😂😂

lol I feel the same didn’t want to take that risk so I paid it! I would probably do the 12th play it safe so no funny business. 

• Like 1

Interview is tomorrow (best of luck everyone!). Would anyone who has already interviewed mind shedding light on the schedule? Essentially we're viewing a video at 7:05am, followed by an interview portion at 7:50 am (Group 1). We then watch a campus tour and return to the Zoom meeting at 11:30am. Is the final Zoom session an additional interview, a student panel or a final chance to ask questions? 

Also is the interview itself one on one or before a panel? Just trying to prepare for what time of day I should mentally prepare to do the actual interview. Thank you so much for your time and congrats on making it this far! I wish you the very best of luck! 

29 minutes ago, sc215266 said:

Interview is tomorrow (best of luck everyone!). Would anyone who has already interviewed mind shedding light on the schedule? Essentially we're viewing a video at 7:05am, followed by an interview portion at 7:50 am (Group 1). We then watch a campus tour and return to the Zoom meeting at 11:30am. Is the final Zoom session an additional interview, a student panel or a final chance to ask questions? 

Also is the interview itself one on one or before a panel? Just trying to prepare for what time of day I should mentally prepare to do the actual interview. Thank you so much for your time and congrats on making it this far! I wish you the very best of luck! 

The last portion is a chance for Q and A. Where it actually states you will have your “interview” at a time with a zoom link is the actual interview that spans about a half hour (so from what you’re saying 7:50a for you). Marist has a slightly different format from other schools, so their interview is broken into three small parts -most of the time you’re by yourself, but for one part you’re with one other interviewee. Otherwise it’s you and 1-2 staff members!! Hope this helps! 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, sc215266 said:

It's MMI style. To be quite honest I'll echo what everyone else said, it was a very different interview. Relaxed and you can tell they genuinely want to get to know you from standard questions to very far out there questions. At one point I was talking about chickens in my interview lol . In the morning is the only interview portion so I wanna say 7:50-10:30ish is interviewing, the 11:30 is a big Q&A for all the interview groups (1,2,3).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chloe7116 said:

The last portion is a chance for Q and A. Where it actually states you will have your “interview” at a time with a zoom link is the actual interview that spans about a half hour (so from what you’re saying 7:50a for you). Marist has a slightly different format from other schools, so their interview is broken into three small parts -most of the time you’re by yourself, but for one part you’re with one other interviewee. Otherwise it’s you and 1-2 staff members!! Hope this helps! 

That is so kind of you to respond, truly appreciate your time and insight! Have a beautiful evening and thanks again!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Willlllllll said:

It's MMI style. To be quite honest I'll echo what everyone else said, it was a very different interview. Relaxed and you can tell they genuinely want to get to know you from standard questions to very far out there questions. At one point I was talking about chickens in my interview lol . In the morning is the only interview portion so I wanna say 7:50-10:30ish is interviewing, the 11:30 is a big Q&A for all the interview groups (1,2,3).

Great to know, thank you so much for the insight. Also curious to hear the story about the chicken after this is all over, lol. So hyped to see your hard work pay off, congrats again! 

33 minutes ago, Willlllllll said:

1 hour ago, sc215266 said:

This is so funny and true because I found myself talking about Harry Potter during mine

15 minutes ago, Chloe7116 said:

This is so funny and true because I found myself talking about Harry Potter during mine

I'll also piggy back on what chloe and will said, it was overall very easy going and relaxed. I have to say a lot of these questions were made to make you feel little more comfortable, they were joking with me for most of the interview and they were relating to me in the questions they had asked . I really liked this interview over the others I have had before which were super intense, this program really cares about who you are. Id say relax and enjoy the interview day as much as you can, I know it seems tough but its such an enjoyable moment knowing you got this far. Enjoy it!! 

Does anyone have an idea of how many seats they have filled? I just submitted a few days ago and am worried their seats (50-53 students) are being filled so fast especially with them having large interview days even through their deadline is so late in the cycle. Keeping my fingers crossed though!

Edited by bananapop