2020 cycle

14 hours ago, femeredith said:

Did everyone's interview day have about 30 students? Just want to make sure if its too late to apply

I know that there was my interview day (July 24th) and the one previously (sometime in June) as well as there’s one coming up soon in early August. I really don’t think it’s too late to apply but for reference there’s about 3 groups of about that size! 

3 hours ago, Luckylucy555 said:

Does anyone believe that marist says they only give interviews to 10-20% of applicants? Kind of skeptical about that 

I could believe it honestly probably less! A lot of programs interview a smaller percentage of total applicants. I got an interview for Emory and last year the stats say 2000 applicants and only 150 are interviewed. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Willlllllll said:

I could believe it honestly probably less! A lot of programs interview a smaller percentage of total applicants. I got an interview for Emory and last year the stats say 2000 applicants and only 150 are interviewed. 

Wow thats intense, i feel like last year i saw so many people get interviews thats why im doubting it

1 hour ago, Willlllllll said:

I think it's important to consume this data with a bit of critical thinking, the program is rolling in that they have begun to accept students and will continue to do so through out the cycle. Unfortunately, I believe the majority of applicants who apply towards the tail end of the cycle will get lost in the mix and may never get seen. I also believe a lot of first time applicants aren't familiar with the process, the importance of applying early and may wait until the last minute. So a large number of applicants whose applications may never get viewed towards the end of the cycle, boost the total applicant numbers without the possibility to be considered,  just food for thought. 

1 minute ago, sc215266 said:

I think it's important to consume this data with a bit of critical thinking, the program is rolling in that they have begun to accept students and will continue to do so through out the cycle. Unfortunately, I believe the majority of applicants who apply towards the tail end of the cycle will get lost in the mix and may never get seen. I also believe a lot of first time applicants aren't familiar with the process, the importance of applying early and may wait until the last minute. So a large number of applicants whose applications may never get viewed towards the end of the cycle, boost the total applicant numbers without the possibility to be considered,  just food for thought. 

Its definitely an interesting perspective, i think ur right & thats why early applications are important. I also feel as if covid-19 has an effect on this entire application cycle too which alot of applications are going to be either overlooked simply because of the time thats been wasted on dealing with the delays. 

• Upvote 2

Time sensitive question for those who were interviewed already: on the email it says the interview should end around 12:30. From y'alls experience, did the interview end before/after/on time? I know there are different groups so even if your interview was supposed to end at a different time, I would still like to know your experience. I just got another interview for the same day which starts at 1pm and I'm trying to determine if it's worth accepting or trying to ask to reschedule to a different interview day. Thank you for your help!

2 hours ago, jazzydancer said:

Time sensitive question for those who were interviewed already: on the email it says the interview should end around 12:30. From y'alls experience, did the interview end before/after/on time? I know there are different groups so even if your interview was supposed to end at a different time, I would still like to know your experience. I just got another interview for the same day which starts at 1pm and I'm trying to determine if it's worth accepting or trying to ask to reschedule to a different interview day. Thank you for your help!

If I remember correctly I interviewed on 7/24 & it ended around 12:23. Depending on how the groups are all doing on time, i know group 1 had some issues in the morning starting. So it really just depends but i think their good on timing

hope this helps!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jazzydancer said:

I was at the same interview date as Lucy who just responded, but just wanted to add that I remember one of the staff members saying that they needed to end by 12:30 and cut questions at a certain time to ensure that. So I would say you’re fine to interview at 1 pm for another school that same day as long as you’re up for it!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Luckylucy555 said:

Whoever did get accepted, was wondering if you guys have started looking at apartments? Dont mind me asking whats your living plan? Do you guys want roommates or havent thought of it yet?

I’m not going to get a roommate personally- I have been checking in with general prices and apartments, but have no intention of seriously considering or putting money down until about a month before the program starts.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Chloe7116 said:

I’m not going to get a roommate personally- I have been checking in with general prices and apartments, but have no intention of seriously considering or putting money down until about a month before the program starts.

Yeah im on board with you, especially cuz of everything going on definitely would recommend waiting until then. God forbid we cant go back & have to do online

27 minutes ago, Chloe7116 said:

I agree, don’t think I’ll be having a roommate either. Hard to go back after already living alone. 

• Like 2

Has anyone who is scheduled to interview this Friday, August 7th, received the brief writing assignment that is due two business days prior to our interview? Perhaps someone who interviewed previously can comment on the timeframe in which they received the prompt relative to their interview? By two business days prior to Friday, I assume this means the latest to hand it in would be tomorrow evening? 

18 minutes ago, sc215266 said:

Has anyone who is scheduled to interview this Friday, August 7th, received the brief writing assignment that is due two business days prior to our interview? Perhaps someone who interviewed previously can comment on the timeframe in which they received the prompt relative to their interview? By two business days prior to Friday, I assume this means the latest to hand it in would be tomorrow evening? 

I had received it on a Monday and the email said it was due Wednesday by 9am and the interview was Friday. 

• Like 3

Just now, Willlllllll said:

I had received it on a Monday and the email said it was due Wednesday by 9am and the interview was Friday. 

Awesome, thank you very much for your assistance! I wish you such congratulations on your acceptance, I hope you and your family are incredibly proud of your achievement and the work it required to get to this point!!! Enjoy it!

• Like 1