2020 cycle

8 minutes ago, KaelynBruschi said:

Yes they do! I am currently completing my undergrad at Marist and I was able to go in for my Anatomy I lab. It is very nice!

Do you know if the cadavers are already dissected by someone else? Or do we as PA students get to dissect the cadavers ourselves? 

20 hours ago, jwalk said:

Do you know if the cadavers are already dissected by someone else? Or do we as PA students get to dissect the cadavers ourselves? 

Hey there, I just graduated from MCPAP, it's definitely worth asking in your interview because things can always change but we dissected entirely on our own. We were in groups of 4-5 PA students. Someone mentioned that the anatomy lab was shared with the DPT program, again things may have changed but they took anatomy a different semester from us so there was no overlap. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BradleyNguyen said:

For anyone who's already interviewed, did they give a Zoom link in their first two emails? I just received info that I needed to sign in 15 minutes early to the interview but there was no Zoom link attached to the email. Thanks!

I received an email with the zoom links a day before the interview.

Congrats and good luck on your interview!

Hello everyone! My name is Camille and I am currently a first year student in the Marist PA program.  

Congrats to everyone who was offered an interview! You all are going to do amazing! I have created a small committee of first year students who are willing to answer any questions that you may have regarding our program, the interview/application process, etc. Please feel free to email any of us! 

Good luck everyone! ❤️

Specific Q's:

Maria Valenti (q's on campus facilities, campus life, Poughkeepsie area) - Mvalenti0910@gmail.com

Joanna Papasmiris (q's for zoom interview experience) - jpapasmiris@gmail.com

General Q's:

Shannon Walsh (Class of '22 Rep) - smwalsh714@gmail.com

Camille Chavez  - Camille.ashley.chavez@gmail.com

Katie Jordan - kaitlynajordan@gmail.com

Jennifer Levy - levyjenniferk@gmail.com

Sabreena Mei - smei7297@gmail.com

Sara Campolieta  - saraannecamp12@gmail.com

Edited by Camillechavez
  • Like 14

Hi guys! My name is Maria and I'm also a first year at Marist! Like Camille said, we encourage you to reach out with any questions you may have because we understand how stressful the application process can be. I did my undergrad at Marist as well, so feel free to ask me any general questions you may have about the school by emailing me (mvalenti0910@gmail.com) or messaging me directly! Good luck everyone 🙂 

• Like 8

Guest aPpA5
28 minutes ago, femeredith said:

@aPpA5 could you share how long after your app was submitted you got asked for an interview to provide some timeline... 

sure!! I submitted my app 5/14. 5/18 I got a call from Mallory that my app was under review with the committee. I got the interview invite 7/9 for an interview on 7/24!

9 minutes ago, BradleyNguyen said:

Hi everyone! I have an interview schedule for 8/14 and was wondering if anyone would like to do a mock interview in the next coming weeks. Please email me if you'd like to and I'll set something up! bradvinhle@gmail.com.

Hi. Congrats on your interview! When did you submit your application and receive confirmation that it was under review? Also, on the PA Platform there is a mock interview service offered by professional certified PAs who know what they are doing and have experience interviewing on adcoms. It is ~$130. If you are able to fund that, I would highly recommend doing it as I always hear positive feedback. A cheaper alternative would be to ask a health professional who you work with to conduct one for you and ask them to surprise you with questions for practice. I think it would be smarter to receive feedback from professionals rather than other prospective students. 🙂 Good luck! 

• Upvote 1