2020 - 2021 Stony Brook Application Thread

Congratulations to all who interviewed! As I was verified May 21, I am hoping to be among the next applicants interviewed. To all who had their interview already, I was wondering how many students were on the zoom interview, or was it a personal zoom call between yourself and faculty/admission committee members? And was it a relaxed inteview? I ask because my previous zoom interview was very relaxed and comfortable, so I wondered about Stony's format. Best of luck to you all, I hope you hear back with acceptances very soon!

1 hour ago, BCgirl32 said:

Congratulations to all who interviewed! As I was verified May 21, I am hoping to be among the next applicants interviewed. To all who had their interview already, I was wondering how many students were on the zoom interview, or was it a personal zoom call between yourself and faculty/admission committee members? And was it a relaxed inteview? I ask because my previous zoom interview was very relaxed and comfortable, so I wondered about Stony's format. Best of luck to you all, I hope you hear back with acceptances very soon!

44 people were on my interview day- you can see them during the original opening admissions talk, but you have a personal interview with a set up of 3:1. I personally enjoyed my interview/interviewers a ton, but I would say it was less conversational/comfortable/relaxed as previous experiences I have had elsewhere. Slightly more intimidating comparatively to my interviews earlier in the cycle, but by no means a negative experience!!! 

• Like 1

On 8/6/2020 at 12:00 PM, Chloe7116 said:

44 people were on my interview day- you can see them during the original opening admissions talk, but you have a personal interview with a set up of 3:1. I personally enjoyed my interview/interviewers a ton, but I would say it was less conversational/comfortable/relaxed as previous experiences I have had elsewhere. Slightly more intimidating comparatively to my interviews earlier in the cycle, but by no means a negative experience!!! 

Thank you so much Chloe, hoping for an interview invite soon! Very best of luck to you this application cycle!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chloe7116 said:

Ok seems we’re all in the same boat then! I know on the phone I’m pretty sure she told me up to 10 days before we get an email, but I was so excited at the time I wanted to post to make sure I wasn’t mistaken

I was wondering the same thing! I was told we would be getting an official letter in the mail and it could take up to 2 weeks, but nothing about an email (but I could have misheard, I was so excited, I feel like I missed some important info haha)

• Like 1