2020 - 2021 Stony Brook Application Thread

27 minutes ago, Willlllllll said:

Received an interview invite! I will be declining it though after having been accepted to my top choice program. Hoping this opens up a spot for someone else! Good Luck!

You get interviews wherever I get interviews! UCPAP,  Marist and now Stony Brook!

I just received an interview invite. I don't know what to do it's such a hard decision since I have been accepted to my number 1 program. The other thing is the tuition is so expensive for out of state applicants 97,000 vs 59,000 for in state and thats before taking housing in consideration. Any advice?

Hey Guys! Congrats to those who got accepted and to those still waiting I know it can be a very stressful process; but you came so far and everything ends up working out for your favor. Do not worry about the amount of people that are interviewing and be yourself. I was in your shoes last year and I know how it feels but you GOT THIS!! Best of luck to everyone..

• Like 3

If I did not receive a call after interviewing on August 4th am I effectively on the wait-list? I remember reading somewhere that the previous interviewees will be considered along with the next interview group if they were not accepted but I can't find the source. Good luck to everyone interviewing and thanks in advance for any input!

18 hours ago, Chloe7116 said:

I would say yeah the deadline is Sept 1 and they’ve already filled up 2/3 interview sessions but maybe double check me on the deadline part!

Actually they are a rolling admissions cycle and interviews are given on a first come first served basis with the application closing on October 1st, not September 1st.  At this point, all of the interviews have been mostly filled.

On 8/30/2020 at 12:12 PM, afutpa2022 said:

Actually they are a rolling admissions cycle and interviews are given on a first come first served basis with the application closing on October 1st, not September 1st.  At this point, all of the interviews have been mostly filled.

"all of the interviews" have not been filled. they have another interview date in october, which means there is more interviews, just saying!

13 minutes ago, AspiringFuturePA2022 said:

"all of the interviews" have not been filled. they have another interview date in october, which means there is more interviews, just saying!

They continually review applications and put candidates "in cue" to send out the october invites, so you don't know if the october interviews are already chosen and full and I would hate to give people who applied late hope