2020 - 2021 Stony Brook Application Thread

30 minutes ago, Chloe7116 said:

For my interview on Aug 4 it was only scheduled 11-2 and then an optional QA from 4-5. Even throughout the 11-2 time period I was not on zoom the entire time I would say it was more for an hour - an hour and a half within that frame and then the QA lasted the entire hour afterwards. Hope this helps 

Thank you so much!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BCgirl32 said:

It seems like the orientation will take place at 9 AM EST as they are located in NY, followed by a 30 min personal interview with a time they email you, I got mine today. Then at 4 pm it appears there is a q&a with SB second years. Hope that helps!

Thanks! It doesn't look like a receive an interview time, just the Admission orientation at 9 AM EST!

1 hour ago, lina2243 said:

Hi, good luck to those interviewing today...Does anyone know if the Q&A is mandatory?

Hi! It is not, but it definitely helps you learn about the program. The students were so informative during that session when I interviewed last month! I hope the interview went well today for you and all other applicants 🙂 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2020 at 3:19 PM, DrewPA77 said:

Hi! It is not, but it definitely helps you learn about the program. The students were so informative during that session when I interviewed last month! I hope the interview went well today for you and all other applicants 🙂 

I tuned in for the Q& A and you were right it was extremely informative! 🙂 thank you for answering and best of luck to you!

• Like 1