2020 - 2021 Stony Brook Application Thread

On 8/25/2020 at 9:22 PM, AcIdBuRn said:

I just received an interview invite. I don't know what to do it's such a hard decision since I have been accepted to my number 1 program. The other thing is the tuition is so expensive for out of state applicants 97,000 vs 59,000 for in state and thats before taking housing in consideration. Any advice?

Hey, I know it's been a while and you might have made a decision already. I'm pretty sure the 97,000 is price for two years, not one. If you attend, you should switch your residency to NY right when you move here and you will then be eligible for in-state tuition for year two. Hope this helps

43 minutes ago, ttong27 said:

Has anyone who's been accepted to HSC gotten any follow-up paperwork via email or mail? It's been a little over 2 weeks since I got my acceptance call and I haven't gotten anything

I haven’t gotten anything either....the crazy person in me has been checking my email constantly tho 😬😬😬 Hopefully we get something soon 

I am a current student, and yes, it is a rolling admissions process so the program does favor those who apply early since that is what rolling means.  If you read through this thread, those who were already offered interviews all applied in may and june.  With over 2700 applicants it is difficult to confirm each and every one individually as other programs with lower numbers are able to do.  All final decisions go out at the end of the semester.  The program is very transparent on their website on explaining how their process runs.  

1 hour ago, afutpa2022 said:

I am a current student, and yes, it is a rolling admissions process so the program does favor those who apply early since that is what rolling means.  If you read through this thread, those who were already offered interviews all applied in may and june.  With over 2700 applicants it is difficult to confirm each and every one individually as other programs with lower numbers are able to do.  All final decisions go out at the end of the semester.  The program is very transparent on their website on explaining how their process runs.  

So y’all have a November interview Date or no?