2020-2021 Wisconsin-Madison Application Cycle

16 minutes ago, NOLAPALady said:

@hmmmm3

Thanks! I have a few more questions if your don't mind. 

Can you explain how the didactic material is presented; is it systems based?

What are the expectations of the students ow that all classes are online? Are you allowed to watch lectures on your own time or are you required to participate in all classes during class time? Finally, are you living in on campus housing or off campus housing; if on campus, can you share your experience during the pandemic ( how is the school keeping students safe, etc)?

Thank you again for answering all these questions.

Yup, no problem!

Yes - it is systems based. The first semester, however, is really just building a foundation for more clinical material in the fall and spring. 

As far as expectations, it is mixed recording and live lecture. Anatomy is mainly recordings, including recorded dissections since we were unable to do them in person. The majority is live to promote more interaction, but all of the lectures are recorded so you can go back and re-watch - or if something comes up and are unable to attend you won't be missing anything.

I'm living off-campus and I can't say for sure if on-campus housing is offered for grad students. Here is some more info on the response to COVID-19 though: https://smartrestart.wisc.edu/

As far as the SMPH, we will be attending class in person 1-2 times per week in the fall for labs and other essential things. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2020 at 10:43 AM, wltaylor said:

Just to check in with everyone, has anyone got interview invites anywhere else yet? I also applied to UND and they send out invites this week or next. Super anxious all together. 

I've also applied to both and I'm anxious all together. I have seen so many who have gotten interviews, and I haven't heard anything back yet.

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, jcPA19 said:

If I remember correctly, interview invites came out on December 10th or 11th of last year. 

I'm currently in UW's Traditional Distance Education PA program. I'm happy to answer any questions if people have them. Good luck everyone!

I have a lot of questions!!! Can I private message you?! 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, wltaylor said:

the countdown begins! has anyone heard anything? even from other schools? I am super nervous yet super excited. 

I'm hanging in there with you! 

I've been accepted at another program but their accreditation fell through, and have interviewed at another (currently waiting for a yay or nay.) The remaining programs I applied to haven't finished interviews yet.

I'm just hoping to hear some good news from any of these programs soon. 

10 hours ago, WakadanPA said:

I'm hanging in there with you! 

I've been accepted at another program but their accreditation fell through, and have interviewed at another (currently waiting for a yay or nay.) The remaining programs I applied to haven't finished interviews yet.

I'm just hoping to hear some good news from any of these programs soon. 

That really sucks but congrats!!! The other schools I applied to had such a high volume of applications that I wasn't even offered an interview. I am hoping and praying for UW to reach out with an interview invite but if not, then I graduate with my MPH next august so that Counts right?!

You're going to make it!!! Just trust the process