2020-2021 Wisconsin-Madison Application Cycle

Current student here. Congrats to those who were accepted! It sounds like this was a very impressive applicant pool - if you didn't get in please don't feel bad. It was mentioned that some students had near perfect scores and were still not offered a seat - so don't give up!

Re: online courses

We've been online for 99% of what we have done and I don't feel we have missed out on too much to be honest (including anatomy). They are working on what the schedule is going to be like, but I would plan on being on campus at least a little bit. The faculty is very upfront about any changes and I'm sure you'll find out as soon as things are figured out. Your cohort will likely get to spend a great deal more time on campus than mine.

Please if you have any questions feel free to reach out.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheFatMan said:

Current student here. Congrats to those who were accepted! It sounds like this was a very impressive applicant pool - if you didn't get in please don't feel bad. It was mentioned that some students had near perfect scores and were still not offered a seat - so don't give up!

We've been online for 99% of what we have done and I don't feel we have missed out on too much to be honest (including anatomy). They are working on what the schedule is going to be like, but I would plan on being on campus at least a little bit. The faculty is very upfront about any changes and I'm sure you'll find out as soon as things are figured out. Your cohort will likely get to spend a great deal more time on campus than mine.

Any insight into the summer semester? And how much might be on campus?  I’m wondering if, and how soon, us DE students will need to line up housing. 

3 minutes ago, PaLiz2021 said:

Any insight into the summer semester? And how much might be on campus?  I’m wondering if, and how soon, us DE students will need to line up housing. 

Hey! Sorry - I don't know exactly what will be happening so I can't comment on specifics. I know the faculty are advocating for at least one course to be on campus. This is one thing that I'm sure you'll find out about at the same time as us. But, like I said, I would plan on being on campus at least a little bit. Sorry that isn't very helpful - this one is probably best answered by Erin.

5 minutes ago, TheFatMan said:

Hey! Sorry - I don't know exactly what will be happening so I can't comment on specifics. I know the faculty are advocating for at least one course to be on campus. This is one thing that I'm sure you'll find out about at the same time as us. But, like I said, I would plan on being on campus at least a little bit. Sorry that isn't very helpful - this one is probably best answered by Erin.

Thank you!  I haven't wanted to bombard Erin too much this week. I've asked earlier in the process also so I don't want to keep asking. Ha ha. Just the planner in me really wants to have my plan secure. Ha ha. 

4 minutes ago, PaLiz2021 said:

Thank you!  I haven't wanted to bombard Erin too much this week. I've asked earlier in the process also so I don't want to keep asking. Ha ha. Just the planner in me really wants to have my plan secure. Ha ha. 

I don't blame you! Maybe give it a few days but I'm sure she won't mind. She really loves answering questions - but I would be surprised if she could give you a definitive answer at this time.

I am a current MPH dual degree student at UWSMPH who will be starting the PA program in May 2021. Here is the facebook group some of us already put together. Feel free to request to follow!! Admitted campus, distance, and dual degree students are invited! Last year's cohort used this group to create connections, find housing, and more!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/439489053847522/

On 2/3/2021 at 4:49 PM, TheFatMan said:

I got rejected back in December but I thought I didn't really care because I got multiple interviews and a few acceptances but for some reason this post made me feel better about not getting in. Seems like this applicant cycle (and this has applied to a lot of schools) was a lot more competitive than previous years. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, PAsoontobe21 said:

I cannot believe what just happened! I got off the alternate list and just got accepted! I’m SO happy as this was my first acceptance to my #1 school! It can happen people! Please do not lose faith 😊

Congratulations!!!!! I am so happy someone from the wait list made it through!

Good luck!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PAsoontobe21 said:

I cannot believe what just happened! I got off the alternate list and just got accepted! I’m SO happy as this was my first acceptance to my #1 school! It can happen people! Please do not lose faith 😊

Congrats!!! I’m so happy for you!! I’m still hoping I get off the waitlist!! This gives me hope! 

Edited by SScurt
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Congrats everyone! I am hoping to reapply this upcoming cycle and hopefully hear news. I reached out to Erin about an advising appointment on what I could have done better but have not heard anything. I reached out to her back in December. One can only hope. 

congrats to everyone and good luck to those who wish to apply this year! 

1 hour ago, wltaylor said:

Congrats everyone! I am hoping to reapply this upcoming cycle and hopefully hear news. I reached out to Erin about an advising appointment on what I could have done better but have not heard anything. I reached out to her back in December. One can only hope. 

congrats to everyone and good luck to those who wish to apply this year! 

It's a really busy time of year. Don't be afraid to reach out to her again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...