PANCE Exam Cancelled Again due to COVID-19

My scheduled PANCE exam has been cancelled two different times now due to COVID-19. It was first only pushed back by one week. Now... the second time... it has been pushed back 1 whole month. I know it’s not Pearson Vue’s fault , but super frustrated nonetheless. Who knows when I’ll actually get to sit for my PANCE. Any advice or words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated. For all of the the certified PAs who are out there on the front lines working... thank you for all that you are doing! I’ll hopefully get there to back you up at some point! Keep fighting the good fight! 

54 minutes ago, Wellness said:

Have you considered swapping testing centers? I'm driving over an hour a way to take mine so that I don't have to wait. 

I’ve already rescheduled mine in another state to try to move it to May instead of June. Where are you located? How far back did your test get moved back? 

Edited by Fritzy313

Guest HanSolo

Good luck. Not much you can do at this point other than go along for the ride. Keep up the routine studying but don't go over the top. An hour or two a day is fine. Get some exercise. Get some sleep. Support your local craft breweries. 

18 hours ago, sas5814 said:

The security at the test centers is over the top. There is no way they would allow you to test from home.

Having said that, they are letting us do the PANRE re-cert at home now.  Not the big test, but the quarterly questions.  That was a big leap, so who knows.

Edited by Cideous

11 hours ago, <B_PA<3 said:

To those who are taking it do you mind sharing any availabilites or at least whats states you have found available.

I would expect that those who have rescheduled in other states or locations will still end up being pushed back.  Just because there is a test date that is open doesn't mean that test date will be honored later with the social distancing orders.  Personally, when taking my PANCE, I would not have wanted to deal with significant travel, as you would either have to incur hotel expenses or significant driving the morning of your test.  I know it isn't ideal, but waiting for an extra month or so is better than creating extra hurdles that potentially cause you to fail and have to retake.

Can't practice without the PANCE in California.  Mine got rescheduled for almost 3 month out from my original date.  I initially found a spot 2 states away, then they opened a spot in Las Vegas, and then they opened some testing centers/slots and I snagged it.  My PANCE is now in 7 days!!  So my advice would be to keep checking local and distant testing centers to see if slots open, which they're doing for people taking medical tests.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Fritzy313 said:

Finally was able to reschedule and take the PANCE. Happy to report that I PASSED! Thanks to all of those who replied to my initial question. I wish you all the very best! 

Well done and good luck out there.  Remember one thing....NO ONE will protect you and your license like YOU.  Never do anything that stinks or feels sketchy because someone else (recruiter, administration or even your doc) wants you to do.  You worked too hard to get to this point, don't let anyone bully you into doing anything that might cause you to lose your license.  Good luck friend.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Cideous said:

Well done and good luck out there.  Remember one thing....NO ONE will protect you and your license like YOU.  Never do anything that stinks or feels sketchy because someone else (recruiter, administration or even your doc) wants you to do.  You worked too hard to get to this point, don't let anyone bully you into doing anything that might cause you to lose your license.  Good luck friend.

excellent advice. As a new grad I turned down what would have been a very lucrative UC job because the owner was a racist asshat. His description of the job was this: "The doctors will see all the White and Asian patients, the PAs will see all the Blacks and Mexicans "

Dude.....

39 minutes ago, EMEDPA said:

excellent advice. As a new grad I turned down what would have been a very lucrative UC job because the owner was a racist asshat. His description of the job was this: "The doctors will see all the White and Asian patients, the PAs will see all the Blacks and Mexicans "

Dude.....

Holy crap....just wow!?