Rosalind Franklin 2020-2021 Cycle

4 hours ago, thika said:

Hey guys, I know it's really late but do you think I can still apply to this school? I can see that alot of people are already in the interview process and are already being accepted. Thanks!

I think it all boils down if it is worth the application fees from both CASPA and the school. The school is rolling admissions so each interview window passes then the chances of getting in get smaller (unless people rescind their acceptance). For reference, there should be 4 more interview dates to my knowledge.

• Like 2

Hmm, that definitely is something to consider. Does this school have a supplemental other than the diversity essay?

11 hours ago, JStaana said:

I think it all boils down if it is worth the application fees from both CASPA and the school. The school is rolling admissions so each interview window passes then the chances of getting in get smaller (unless people rescind their acceptance). For reference, there should be 4 more interview dates to my knowledge.

On 10/9/2020 at 2:37 PM, drspacewoman said:

Hi everyone, 

Just received an interview invite last night. Only date with open spots is not until January but, hey, I'll take it! 

Others have mentioned getting on the waitlist for other dates however I didn't see that as an option when registering on the portal - did all of you waitlist peeps reach out separately or was this something built into the sign up?

As the programs fill up the remiaing seats they are less inclined to offer choices for interview dates that they did earlier when they started interviews.  Since they have a long waiting  list that you would be competing against I would suggest that you be  extra well prepared for the January interview. Even if they don''t accept you right away, it would be to your advantage if you are put on waiting list. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2020 at 10:01 AM, GIG1997 said:

Hi everyone! To those who have interviewed, what program was the interview through (zoom, something else)? I have an Ipad pro and want to make sure I don't need to make arrangements to use a different computer for my interview! Thank you!! 

It was over Zoom.. if your iPad has worked historically for you for Zoom meetings it should work for this! 

I would recommend to make sure you have a solid internet connection (and even perhaps a mobile hotspot back up). My internet started crapping out in the middle of my interview and although they were super patient as I scrambled to find an alternative (I had to use my phone as a hot spot), it definitely left me frazzled!

Best of luck at your interview!

3 hours ago, krifuturepa said:

Hi all,  So I am confused...

For the supp. application and 35 dollar fee - when do you pay it and do the supp. application? When they offer you an interview or when you submit your CASPA? 

There is no supp. application. Once you submit your CASPA, you should receive an email stating that they've received your application and will give you a checklist of what to do next which are receive your GRE scores and pay the $35 fee. I hope this helps!

On 11/3/2020 at 3:01 PM, pseudonym said:

It was over Zoom.. if your iPad has worked historically for you for Zoom meetings it should work for this! 

I would recommend to make sure you have a solid internet connection (and even perhaps a mobile hotspot back up). My internet started crapping out in the middle of my interview and although they were super patient as I scrambled to find an alternative (I had to use my phone as a hot spot), it definitely left me frazzled!

Best of luck at your interview!

So helpful! Thank you!!

• Like 1

On 9/30/2020 at 3:43 PM, prePApug said:

Received an invite today. The only available option was in January lol, but I was able to sign up for the waitlist for October 9.

Did you have any trouble having signed up for both?  I put myself on waitlist for a late nov date. 

If you didn’t get that oct 9 date, maybe check out the options again, I was able to get a spot for dec. 

• 2 weeks later...