2019-2020 Applications

Notified today that I was chosen as an alternate. I interviewed 11/4 for those who will ask. A little disappointed bc I liked the program so much more than I thought I would when i interviewed. I guess it’s better than a rejection.

also FYI the decision came via snail mail which is a little weird bc on interview day they said it would be email and they no longer send admissions decisions by regular mail.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2019 at 5:24 PM, cmedley said:

Hey guys, I'm a new graduate from AU's program. If anyone has any questions (interview, new accepted, whatever it is!), feel free to message me. 🥰

Hello! I have an interview next Friday and was wondering if you could give any insight into the format (individual, group or MMI) and the type of questions asked at the interview? Also any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm very nervous/excited! Thanks!!

On 12/4/2019 at 11:19 AM, CJW24 said:

Hello! I have an interview next Friday and was wondering if you could give any insight into the format (individual, group or MMI) and the type of questions asked at the interview? Also any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm very nervous/excited! Thanks!!

When you get to the interview that morning, you’ll be given a folder with you schedule, paperwork, and some additional  information about the program (mission statement , courses, tuition, etc.) Then,, you’ll have three individual interviews with faculty. After your individual interviews, you’ll have lunch while the faculty gives a presentation.  After lunch, you’ll tour the campus. Once the tour is complete, you’ll come back for a group interview, where you’ll pull a question from a bowl and answer it in front of the group and faculty, and the faculty will have a chance to ask you any additional questions regarding your application. After the group interview is complete, you’ll be dismissed, and should hear about their decision within 2-3 weeks. 

I hope this is helpful! 

5 minutes ago, maggie2233 said:

Did most people hear by email or mail with the decisions? a bit confused as to which one is more common

I was wait listed and notified by snail mail, which was weird because at the interview they said it would be email and that they no longer use regular mail for decisions like they did in the past...

Edited by Kc2020

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...