8 hours ago, Tnguyen342 said:

Does Augusta require a personal statement? I know in the supplemental it ask about "Explain any academic challenges, successes, or obstacles in your life that impacted your ability to achieve your goals", which I presume is not it. 

I put my personal statement in the last page in the last box where it says, "The Admissions Committee is interested in your reasons for entering this field and in your ability to express the motivation behind your decision. Explain below the unique factors and experiences that led you to this profession. If you are already certified or licensed in a health professions field, explain why you wish to continue your education."

4 hours ago, Lilithxp said:

I put my personal statement in the last page in the last box where it says, "The Admissions Committee is interested in your reasons for entering this field and in your ability to express the motivation behind your decision. Explain below the unique factors and experiences that led you to this profession. If you are already certified or licensed in a health professions field, explain why you wish to continue your education."

Oh thank you! I must have missed that cause I did not see it. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/6/2020 at 7:31 PM, Tnguyen342 said:

This part is only for pre-req courses that we plan to take if we haven't complete it right? I became confused because it listed "Term / Year Taken". If anyone can give me some clarification I would really appreciate it!

image.png

Sorry for the late response, yes! just for the ones you plan to take if you have not already, I emailed them with the same question. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! Just received news that I’m on the alternate list! A little bummed it’s not an acceptance, but extremely extremely grateful to still be considered! 🙂

do you guys think it would be rude to ask if they are able to tell me how far up on the waiting list I am? Or how their selection process is for those on the wait list? I’m anxious to know but I don’t want to offend anyone or come off as annoying to Admissions haha. 

On 8/28/2020 at 4:35 PM, Lilithxp said:

Just received my interview invite for 09/10, best of luck everyone!

I submitted and applied 2-4? days after the application opened, I don't remember what day that was lol 

I have my interview on 9/10 as well! I’m nervous about how long it is..?! But good luck to you too!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ptokki said:

Hey guys! Just received news that I’m on the alternate list! A little bummed it’s not an acceptance, but extremely extremely grateful to still be considered! 🙂

do you guys think it would be rude to ask if they are able to tell me how far up on the waiting list I am? Or how their selection process is for those on the wait list? I’m anxious to know but I don’t want to offend anyone or come off as annoying to Admissions haha. 

Typically schools won't share information about where an applicant is on the waiting list, you just have to be patient and hope that someone pulls out. But since you're one of the first groups to interview, I would guess that you're pretty up there. Good luck though!

Any advice on how the interview went online? My interview is on 9/10 and I'm nervous about what to expect and the formatting!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Am5758 said:

Typically schools won't share information about where an applicant is on the waiting list, you just have to be patient and hope that someone pulls out. But since you're one of the first groups to interview, I would guess that you're pretty up there. Good luck though!

Any advice on how the interview went online? My interview is on 9/10 and I'm nervous about what to expect and the formatting!

My interview is on 9/10 too! I’m so nervous I’ve been digging through the internet to understand the format and I haven’t had any luck. I want to know what we’ll be doing all day!

9 hours ago, Am5758 said:

Haha yeah I figured, that makes sense. I’ll just be patient then! Thanks so much for the encouragement, much appreciated! ☺️

And they should be sending you instructions on the formatting real soon! It was four individual one-on-one interviews With faculty, followed by a presentation on the tour/campus, a group interview, and Q&A session. The faculty was nice, but sometimes it was definitely intimidating lol! I think they ask interesting questions to get to know you as an applicant and your thought process. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2020 at 3:10 PM, ptokki said:

I also am on the wait-list 😞 got the letter a few days ago. It's very stressful so I'm right there with you! I mean I'm very grateful that it wasn't a rejection but Augusta is my top choice so we'll see I guess. I agree with Am5758 that I don't think schools will give out that information - I also asked my friend who goes to MCG what she thought about me contacting them and she also said they won't share that kind of information as far as she knows. She was wait-listed too but I'm sure the med school has their own ways of going about the wait list... who knows. 

So you must have been in the 1st cohort of interviewees, what date was your interview?  I was the 2nd cohort on 9/10 and they said they'll be four total so hopefully after decisions are made for the last cohort we will know. That's going to feel like a very long wait 😞

• Upvote 1

On 9/29/2020 at 5:03 AM, Odinbear13 said:

I also am on the wait-list 😞 got the letter a few days ago. It's very stressful so I'm right there with you! I mean I'm very grateful that it wasn't a rejection but Augusta is my top choice so we'll see I guess. I agree with Am5758 that I don't think schools will give out that information - I also asked my friend who goes to MCG what she thought about me contacting them and she also said they won't share that kind of information as far as she knows. She was wait-listed too but I'm sure the med school has their own ways of going about the wait list... who knows. 

So you must have been in the 1st cohort of interviewees, what date was your interview?  I was the 2nd cohort on 9/10 and they said they'll be four total so hopefully after decisions are made for the last cohort we will know. That's going to feel like a very long wait 😞

Aww hey I feel you! It is indeed very stressful and nerve-wracking to have to wait to hear their final decision. I know it’s easier said than done but don’t let yourself feel down, being on the waitlist may not be ideal but it is still an accomplishment! It means they still see you being fully capable of being an amazing PA, they just don’t have enough seats. Give yourself a pat on the back and just know that no matter what you will be an awesome PA! 

And yes I was the first cohort for interviews, I interviewed August 28 and I received my waitlist status exactly two weeks later. I have recently been accepted to a PA program I really like so I will be withdrawing from Augusta’s waitlist! Hope that gives someone an opportunity to be called off the waitlist! 😄 

Best of luck! 🙂  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ptokki said:

Aww hey I feel you! It is indeed very stressful and nerve-wracking to have to wait to hear their final decision. I know it’s easier said than done but don’t let yourself feel down, being on the waitlist may not be ideal but it is still an accomplishment! It means they still see you being fully capable of being an amazing PA, they just don’t have enough seats. Give yourself a pat on the back and just know that no matter what you will be an awesome PA! 

And yes I was the first cohort for interviews, I interviewed August 28 and I received my waitlist status exactly two weeks later. I have recently been accepted to a PA program I really like so I will be withdrawing from Augusta’s waitlist! Hope that gives someone an opportunity to be called off the waitlist! 😄 

Best of luck! 🙂  

Hey your news about withdrawing from AU's waitlist literally made my day lol. And congrats that must be such a relief to get a school you really like. No more anxiously waiting!

On 9/29/2020 at 5:03 AM, Odinbear13 said:

They're only doing 4 interviews?

• 2 weeks later...