2019-2020 TJU - East Falls

8 minutes ago, Vfn5011 said:

Is it frowned upon to apply to East Falls but list another TJU campus as a preference? Did most of you guys apply to all 3 TJU campuses and how did you put it on CASPA? 

I was also wondering this. I applied to East Falls and Center City, listing no preference for which campus I would prefer. I’m not familiar with the area, and from what I can tell, the programs are very similar. I would love to see if anyone has insight!! 

@Vfn5011 @Kes1123 Hi! TJU Center City has its own selection process. TJU East Falls and NJ campus work together and decide which campus is the right fit for the applicant. I applied to all 3 campuses and did not select any preference. I received interview invites for both TJU Center City and NJ campus! I hope this is helpful.

Best of luck to everyone 🙂 

Edited by Wendyg
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2019 at 8:35 AM, VGAnn17 said:

I have not received an invitation or rejection either. I submitted my application for the NJ campus on 6/5 and got an email from TJ on 6/21 verifying my application.

I'm in the same boat as well. Submitted 5/25, confirmation email from TJ 6/21. Still no word yet, should I email to follow up or just keep waiting?

Edited by SnoopyPeanuts

On 8/6/2019 at 5:17 PM, ddicicco said:

I have an interview at East Falls August 13, and at Center City campus in September. I am from the Philly area, so anyone unfamiliar with the city, feel free to ask me questions! Uber and Lyft are very easy to come by 🙂 

Hi,

I have an interview at the New Jersey campus on 08/15. Did you ever receive an email with a list of nearby hotels from them? They said they will send one but they never did or may be I did not receive one!!!

On 7/30/2019 at 7:50 PM, Vfn5011 said:

Is it frowned upon to apply to East Falls but list another TJU campus as a preference? Did most of you guys apply to all 3 TJU campuses and how did you put it on CASPA? 

East Falls/NJ have one application and Center City has its own application. For the east falls/NJ campus, it'll give you the option to chose a campus as a preference (which is not frowned upon because you only get an interview for 1 campus anyway- either east falls or jersey). Center city is a different admissions process with a different admissions committee. 

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 4:33 PM, SciMed13 said:

how did your interview go today?

Thank you for asking - My interview went very well! It was great to be able to see the spaces in which the students learn and study. It is always beneficial to be able to speak with current students, as well. The campus was beautiful. I am just waiting to hear back!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mmcpaul27 said:

Anyone who put center city as their preference in the east falls application receive an interview? Worried that putting center city as my preference might hurt my chances.

@mmcpaul27 I think I just put that I preferred to be in PA rather than NJ, but I don't remember if my answer was any more specific than that. I did get an interview with East Falls, and if I remember correctly, the application said that it will not affect any admissions decisions. I wouldn't worry about!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mmcpaul27 said:

Congratulations! When was your application verified?

I applied late May and verified shortly after.  I received an email June 21st stating that my application was being reviewed.  I hope this helps!  I also attended the PA information session for Center City this past weekend but I haven’t received a rejection/interview email from them yet and I applied to them at the same time.

12 hours ago, vpcloud said:

I applied late May and verified shortly after.  I received an email June 21st stating that my application was being reviewed.  I hope this helps!  I also attended the PA information session for Center City this past weekend but I haven’t received a rejection/interview email from them yet and I applied to them at the same time.

Awesome, thanks for your help! I applied late June and didn't receive the email that my app was being reviewed until July so I am hoping to hear from them soon!

• Like 1