2019-2020 TJU - East Falls

On 12/18/2019 at 9:10 PM, ryannie said:

I’ll be interviewing on January 14th! Can anyone who’s interviewed talk about how long the interview day goes? I have to catch a flight back home the same day and want to give myself enough time!

I was there from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.  You are in a conference room with everyone for about an hour while the director introduces himself and tells you about the program.  Then the group rotates through a Q&A with a PA student, takes a tour with another PA student, and interviews with a faculty member and PA student.  It's fairly relaxed and they provided some light refreshments.  

Does anyone know if there is a FB Page for the July 2020 cohort start? I was thinking about starting one, but would rather not be an admin on a FB page.  I am starting to research places to live close to campus and considering roommates.  It would be nice to connect with other PA students who would be "in the suck" along with me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! I just wanted to say congrats to those that have been accepted. I was a part of last year’s class, but a few weeks into the program I had to defer due to some family health issues. So, I will be starting again this summer with you guys! I have kept up with some friends currently in the program and so if anybody has any questions on anything feel free to reach out! 

On 1/22/2020 at 11:49 AM, auldinr said:

Hey everyone! I just wanted to say congrats to those that have been accepted. I was a part of last year’s class, but a few weeks into the program I had to defer due to some family health issues. So, I will be starting again this summer with you guys! I have kept up with some friends currently in the program and so if anybody has any questions on anything feel free to reach out! 

Can you talk about what the schedule is like to start?  For example, orientation is July 6th. Is it for a week and then a break with full time starting at the end of July?  How long were the days in the beginning?  Thanks for the info!

Edited by atreible

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2020 at 11:12 AM, atreible said:

Can you talk about what the schedule is like to start?  For example, orientation is July 6th. Is it for a week and then a break with full time starting at the end of July?  How long were the days in the beginning?  Thanks for the info!

Yeah of course! Sorry, I am just now seeing this. So yeah, orientation will be that week that you mentioned. Last year it was just Monday-Thursday but I’m not sure what it will be this year. Then there is a week off. Once Anatomy starts, it’s lecture in the mornings for 3-4 hours, then lunch break, and then lab for 3-4 hours on most days. She usually does a review day before exams/practicals. You get close with your lab group since you are with them for so long. The Anatomy professor is really cool and down to earth as well. This will go on for 3 units until around Labor Day and then you transition into your first full semester with multiple classes and the schedule obviously changes! I hope that helps! Feel free to reach out if there’s anything I missed. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2020 at 11:30 AM, dboges said:

Anybody hear from NJ waitlist? I thought sometime in February

No, I am in the same boat as you. I am waitlisted at the NJ Campus and if I remember correctly off of the top of my head they mentioned the waitlist should start to move around February. Hoping for some positive news for the both of us in the near future!

Hello everyone! Congrats on acceptances and to those interviewing or waiting, best of luck! I'm part of the NJ Class of 2021 and we are selling shirts and sweatshirts as a fundraiser for PA Olympics! It's an event where 8 local programs come together to compete to raise money for a local charity of choice. This year we are raising money for Pete's Sake Cancer Respite Foundation. I'm sharing the link below for anyone who might be interested in purchasing or sharing with friends!  You can get the item shipped directly to you, no need to send it to school, and they're all physician assistant designs, no Jefferson name so feel free to share them with anyone else! If you have any questions about the NJ campus specifically feel free to message me! 

https://www.bonfire.com/store/jefferson-pa-program/