2019 Yale PA online application cycle

5 minutes ago, MY3PUGS said:

How are you doing?  I'm thinking about you.  No Jane was not one of my interviewers 

aw, thanks!! I'm doing fine!! As much as I'm hoping I hear today like you all have, I can not let it get to me too much. I am keeping the faith that what is meant to be is how it will be.

13 minutes ago, Lalas said:

Does everyone think more acceptances will be released each day? Or do you feel that all early decision acceptances from the last wave of interviews (post-interview session 6/6) will be released today?

For what it's worth, my interviews were in May.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AZRRTtoPA said:

aw, thanks!! I'm doing fine!! As much as I'm hoping I hear today like you all have, I can not let it get to me too much. I am keeping the faith that what is meant to be is how it will be.

Yes please do..when did you interview?  Do you have everything in?

26 minutes ago, cphillips said:

I was placed on the waitlist today! Does anyone have any ideas on what this means as far as my chances of still getting in go? 

One person last year off the waitlist made it in. The average for every cohort so far has been one person dropping out. Waitlist is a major accomplishment, but for this particular program it is still a long shot. 

I believe nationwide average for undergrad waitlists are about 20% or so acceptance. 

Edited by docsls6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rae24 said:

Congratulations on the acceptances! Has anyone received denials yet? I am still praying for a miracle.

I believe there have been rejections a while back, but I am not sure if those people had interviews also, or if they received rejections based on their application only.

Edited by AZRRTtoPA

4 hours ago, docsls6 said:

Denials went out today. Good luck to all who got in. Fate wanted me to be a PA 10 months sooner than Yale, so I'll take it. I may see you all out there practicing. 👍

Hey, sometimes the we have to believe things happen for a reason, right? So, what school are you starting at soon? How exciting!!!

On 6/14/2019 at 12:50 PM, AZRRTtoPA said:

Hey, sometimes the we have to believe things happen for a reason, right? So, what school are you starting at soon? How exciting!!!

WesternU in Aug. We graduate in July 2021. My wife really wanted me to go to Western even if I got into Yale, so it all worked out. (I was still on the fence due to the extra time) That extra time working versus Yale could probably cover my student loans. 

My wife is a firm believer that everything always happens for a reason. To go from quitting a two decade long business career to graduating from PA school in 3.5 years is just about the best I could have hoped for. I couldn't have possibly done it any faster, so I have to be proud of what I accomplished even if I wasn't accepted to Yale. 

So far my oldest is proving brilliant, so who knows maybe a Yale alumni may be in our future anyway. 🎉

Edited by docsls6

Hi everyone! Congrats to those who recently got interview invites! I recently received the email saying that my application is under review by the admissions committee. How long after that email were you invited to interview/notified of your application status? Thanks

3 minutes ago, ElizabethPasch said:

Hi everyone! Congrats to those who recently got interview invites! I recently received the email saying that my application is under review by the admissions committee. How long after that email were you invited to interview/notified of your application status? Thanks

2 days

• Like 1