2019 Yale PA online application cycle

40 minutes ago, bugzdee said:

I was declined admission this morning and am heartbroken.  This seemed like the perfect fit, as my goals match Yale’s perfectly.  Here are my stats. I assume my age and lack of recent PCE hours was a contributor.

GRE 313, 4.5. Biology major GPA 3.2, Graduate GPA 3.56 (Entomology)  PCE 1400 (CNA 1988) and medical volunteer hours 225.  Community volunteer hours: thousands.

Best of luck to everyone, I know this is a process and an effort in perseverance.  Hang in there!

I'm sorry. Keep your chin up. 

6 hours ago, bugzdee said:

I was declined admission this morning and am heartbroken.  This seemed like the perfect fit, as my goals match Yale’s perfectly.  Here are my stats. I assume my age and lack of recent PCE hours was a contributor.

GRE 313, 4.5. Biology major GPA 3.2, Graduate GPA 3.56 (Entomology)  PCE 1400 (CNA 1988) and medical volunteer hours 225.  Community volunteer hours: thousands.

Best of luck to everyone, I know this is a process and an effort in perseverance.  Hang in there!

Were you offered an interview?

I had two interviews and was hopeful but I received my rejection email today. I probably should’ve retaken my GRE, my science GPA was 3.8 and I have been a Medical Laboratory Scientist for 17 years. On a brighter note, I was accepted today for the Doctorate of Clinical Laboratory Scientist (DCLS) program at UT medical branch. There’s always another avenue to get where you want to be - don’t be discouraged and just keep swimming! Good Luck everyone. 

1 hour ago, Amybragg2003 said:

I had two interviews and was hopeful but I received my rejection email today. I probably should’ve retaken my GRE, my science GPA was 3.8 and I have been a Medical Laboratory Scientist for 17 years. On a brighter note, I was accepted today for the Doctorate of Clinical Laboratory Scientist (DCLS) program at UT medical branch. There’s always another avenue to get where you want to be - don’t be discouraged and just keep swimming! Good Luck everyone. 

Congratulations on your acceptance! When did you do your two interviews for Yale Online?

Wow, not going to lie reading the stats for some of those who received rejection emails is disheartening. I was not the best undergraduate student, so my GPA is the bare minimum. I have a Master's in exercise physiology and did very well in graduate school but obviously, they look at everything, and seeing people with far better credentials than I get rejected makes me think I have little to no chance of getting in. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Kierstenbrooke said:

I interview tomorrow- I just found this feed today! I am stressing about being prepared enough for the interview. Does anyone that has already interviewed have any tips/advice?

They go out of their way to make you feel comfortable 🙂 just be yourself! Good luck!

• Like 1

On 6/2/2019 at 11:21 AM, EANYPA said:

Has anyone else that interviewed gotten extremely nervous with the knowledge that acceptances have gone out two weeks ago?

Nope, not in the least, but I also have an acceptance for Fall, so this process isn't stressful for me at all. Last year was nerve wracking but it worked out. Keep the faith. 👍🤞

14 minutes ago, docsls6 said:

Nope, not in the least, but I also have an acceptance for Fall, so this process isn't stressful for me at all. Last year was nerve wracking but it worked out. Keep the faith. 👍🤞

Congrats! So you are accepted elsewhere already? That’s wonderful. 

Im so very nervous. I took the CASPer 5/14 and it apparently takes 3 weeks for Yale to get the score. So 3 weeks is tomorrow....I am hoping for an answer! I am on pins and needles

14 hours ago, EANYPA said:

Congrats! So you are accepted elsewhere already? That’s wonderful. 

Im so very nervous. I took the CASPer 5/14 and it apparently takes 3 weeks for Yale to get the score. So 3 weeks is tomorrow....I am hoping for an answer! I am on pins and needles

Yes, it certainly takes stress off. The program I was accepted to is a very well(if not most) respected program in the area, so it won't hurt my career much if I don't get into Yale. I am thinking of trying to go into administration/politics after I have been practicing for a while. I have a significant background in leadership and business, so to that end I believe Yale would be beneficial to me and how I could lead/change PA policy, but either way I am going to dedicate my life to the practice of medicine and helping people. I feel like we have a lot of work ahead to ensure our medical systems work better. My wife sees too many people go untreated(both insured and uninsured) because of the current landscape and every person in this country should be concerned about it.

You may not get sick today or tomorrow, but at some point in your life you will face serious illness and we should all hope that every person gets the best opportunity to go on living with their bodies working as well as they can. I know we can do better than we currently are. 💪

Edited by docsls6
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, EANYPA said:

Another day and no news! I took CASPer 5/14 and apparently scores were delivered 5/27-5/28. So now it’s a waiting game until 6/15. Am I right that for acceptance, it will be a phone call and a follow up email? 

I don't think we should expect anything at this point until 6/15. They are probably focusing on the interviews now and will convene when those are complete 😊 Time seems to be moving slowly, but we'll know soon!

8 minutes ago, EANYPA said:

Is there another interview round going on right now? 

And yes 6/15 seems to be getting farther away. Odd that it is a Saturday- if acceptances are accompanied by a phone call. 

I literally babysit my phone. 

Yes there is! I just had my academic interview earlier this afternoon and I have my personal interview tomorrow!

35 minutes ago, cphillips said:

Yes there is! I just had my academic interview earlier this afternoon and I have my personal interview tomorrow!

OK well that explains the lack of notifications either acceptance or declined! Were you an early decision deadline? 

I guess I won’t expect anything until 6/15 then. Is there a FB page to see how many acceptances there are already?

Good luck tomorrow. 

17 minutes ago, EANYPA said:

OK well that explains the lack of notifications either acceptance or declined! Were you an early decision deadline? 

I guess I won’t expect anything until 6/15 then. Is there a FB page to see how many acceptances there are already?

Good luck tomo

Another post interview session is being held tomorrow for early decision applicants. I'd imagine we'll be hearing back starting mid next week, but that's just a guess. The waiting is tough!

14 minutes ago, Nellie90 said:

Another post interview session is being held tomorrow for early decision applicants. I'd imagine we'll be hearing back starting mid next week, but that's just a guess. The waiting is tough!

Should we attend it if we attended the first one?