2019 Yale PA online application cycle

3 hours ago, Finnigan said:

Has anyone submitted their application yet?

Early decision deadline is April 15 I think.

I am still working on my essays and waiting on two more LORs. Hoping to submit just before April 15th. 

Wondering if anyone attended the virtual info session today? I wasn't able to make it, but will check to see if there was a recording available. 

6 hours ago, SGPDX84 said:

I am still working on my essays and waiting on two more LORs. Hoping to submit just before April 15th. 

Wondering if anyone attended the virtual info session today? I wasn't able to make it, but will check to see if there was a recording available. 

I'm not applying until next cycle, but I did attend last night's info session. Most of the information can just be found on their website. Though they did talk about a typical weekly schedule and they briefly went through the online classroom.

During the session there was a live chat, and a few people did ask if there would be a recording available, but I didn't see any of the staff respond to those questions. If they did, I missed it.

Perhaps you could email the program and see if they would send out a copy?

Emily

Edited by emilymuff

I was waitlisted last year with zero volunteer hours and 100 clinical hours, so it isn't a requirement to be accepted or interviewed. It just depends on the entire package you bring as an applicant. Right now I'm working to get clinical hours, but I am thinking I won't wait past the April 15th deadline. Last year I applied at the very last second because my pre-reqs weren't done until then. Good luck!

Also, the information sessions are done frequently so if you missed out don't worry as there will be another. 

Edited by docsls6

Submitting for early admission with one prereq to take that is scheduled for the summer.

Their website has an average stats section of the previous students (middle average is shown), and looking at last years thread not too many speak to their stats (cGPA,sGPA, and hours etc...). Any reapplicants who wouldn't mind sharing any feedback they received from last years cycle?

Thanks,

HT123

On 2/25/2019 at 7:17 AM, HomeTeam123 said:

Submitting for early admission with one prereq to take that is scheduled for the summer.

Their website has an average stats section of the previous students (middle average is shown), and looking at last years thread not too many speak to their stats (cGPA,sGPA, and hours etc...). Any reapplicants who wouldn't mind sharing any feedback they received from last years cycle?

Thanks,

HT123

Overall 3.67

Science 3.77

Pre-Req depends on school but I think like 3.85-4.00

GRE 320 Quant 161 Verbal 159 Essay 4.5

No clinical as it was a career change. I have a degree in business and have been in management for the last 18 years. Maybe someday I'll run a department or Hospital. AAPA states everywhere they want leaders and are trying to get people to get back and get MBAs to do that. 

Edited by docsls6

I applied a couple weeks ago, and I take the GRE this Sunday.  That is the only thing I have outstanding for the application.  I told my wife that if I get accepted to Yale I’m pretty much going to be walking through the grocery store, our street, the homeless people down at the shelter and anywhere else in our city telling people about it just out if overwhelming excitement.  Even just submitting the application itself is pretty exciting.  

Edited by JMoPrePA
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! 

First of all I’m very happy to have the chance to speak to people just as nervous as I am. I was wondering if anyone had some advice on my profile, I’ve recently completed my application for Yale Online. This is my primary choice for PA school so  I really hope I get in! 

Clinical experience: 6 years as an RRT, RPFT, NPS, ACCS (Respiratory Therapist) in ICU, NICU, ER, transport, research, PFT, etc..

GPA: around 3.7 I think? 

Im taking my GRE in a few weeks but I don’t believe I’ll do well. I haven’t taken geometry and algebra in over 10 years and the GRE tests these heavily, will this adversely affect my chances? With the nature of my work and school schedule I wasn’t able to prepare for this in advance.

On 3/26/2019 at 9:01 PM, NICURT said:

Hi everyone! 

First of all I’m very happy to have the chance to speak to people just as nervous as I am. I was wondering if anyone had some advice on my profile, I’ve recently completed my application for Yale Online. This is my primary choice for PA school so  I really hope I get in! 

Clinical experience: 6 years as an RRT, RPFT, NPS, ACCS (Respiratory Therapist) in ICU, NICU, ER, transport, research, PFT, etc..

GPA: around 3.7 I think? 

Im taking my GRE in a few weeks but I don’t believe I’ll do well. I haven’t taken geometry and algebra in over 10 years and the GRE tests these heavily, will this adversely affect my chances? With the nature of my work and school schedule I wasn’t able to prepare for this in advance.

Have faith! I hadn't had math in 19 years and scored a 320 159/161/4.5 on my first shot with only 3 days of cram studying. Good luck!

Edited by docsls6

On 4/4/2019 at 7:48 PM, CLeBeau said:

Hi all! I submitted Feb 8 and received notification today to complete the CASPer test. Has anyone else received a similar email?

UPDATE: They said register for the 5/14 testing date even if you are doing the early decision because they will give you additional time to complete it. 

When I looked at the registration dates for the CASPer they had none until May. For priority deadline I don't believe you could have it done and results recorded in time. It also says it is optional, so I don't currently plan on taking it. Next time admissions touches base with me, I will ask to make sure. 

Edited by docsls6

• 2 weeks later...