Jump to content

2019 Yale PA online application cycle

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, coolguy said:

For those who got offered admission after originally being put on the waitlist following their interviews:

When did you initially interview? and 

How (phone call or email) did they contact you regarding admission? 

I was put on the waitlist yesterday and am still trying to stay hopeful after my interviews. Congrats to you guys!!

I interviewed in June, got put on the waitlist, and then received a phone call yesterday. Good luck with everything! I thought for sure I wasn't going to come off of the waitlist, but I did, so definitely stay hopeful!

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the fact that people being taken off the wait-list mean that the online program has already filled all seats prior to the Sept 1 deadline?

Also, does anyone know if Yale weighs the science GPA or BCP gpa more heavily in the admissions process?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, laferri2 said:

Does the fact that people being taken off the wait-list mean that the online program has already filled all seats prior to the Sept 1 deadline?

Also, does anyone know if Yale weighs the science GPA or BCP gpa more heavily in the admissions process?

They’re still conducting interviews. I believe they have a certain percentage of seats for each section of time throughout the interview process. Unsure about the GPA stuff though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone been waitlisted and then offered an acceptance? If so, did you do anything while being waitlisted as far as contacting the school? Do they disclose your waitlist number? I was placed on the waitlist this week and this program is my top choice by far, so I would really like to do anything I can to get a seat! Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m so happy to see that someone was accepted off the waitlist! I was offered acceptance for the upcoming class but shortly after found out we are expecting and I’m due the week class starts. After so much consideration we decided it was best for me to defer my enrollment til the following year. Having gone through the “waitlist” process last year and not getting in, and then finally getting accepted this year, I’m so happy that it seems like my spot went to someone that was waitlisted. Congratulations!!! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MSRDCSSD said:

I’m so happy to see that someone was accepted off the waitlist! I was offered acceptance for the upcoming class but shortly after found out we are expecting and I’m due the week class starts. After so much consideration we decided it was best for me to defer my enrollment til the following year. Having gone through the “waitlist” process last year and not getting in, and then finally getting accepted this year, I’m so happy that it seems like my spot went to someone that was waitlisted. Congratulations!!! 

Congrats!! Motherhood is the best ride ever!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I am getting closer to completing my CASPA application (should be submitting for verification this weekend) I am getting more nervous about my chances with Yale. It's my top choice program, but I feel like my GPA (2.88 undergrad, 3.1 cumulative undergrad/post-bac, 3.8 last 60, 3.62 in my masters, and 3.4 sGPA) is going to disqualify me, even with 14000 hours experience as a medical SLP and a 320 GRE. Most of the ranges that I am seeing show the minimum accepted GPAs at around 3.3-3.4. Is anyone else applying with a sub-3.4?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Queenofdoom said:

I was just offered an interview! I submitted my supplemental application late in the game, on August 5th. 

Good luck!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know someone asked this earlier but did not get an answer... What is to be expected of the academic interviews? And how long after the interviews were you notified of either acceptance or waitlist? 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I submitted my application August 1.   I haven't heard anything yet.  My CASPer test is tonight.  did any of you get contacted before the CASPer or did they wait until after?

Jodi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Completed my CASPA application yesterday at noon, I was verified at 5am this morning. Per CASPA, my cumulative sGPA is 3.09 and my cumulative undergrad is 3.05, my overall GPA with my masters taken into account is 3.16. Per CASPA, my last 60 credits is 3.7 and my pre-requisite GPA is 3.6. GRE 165/155 and 14000 hours patient care as a medical SLP.

Not feeling super great about my chances unless they put extra weight on the upward trend. 

 

Edit: Just got the notification that my application is under review by the committee. Hopefully I hear back soon!

Edited by laferri2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got my rejection letter, given that they didn't take it into committee until Thursday afternoon, and Monday was labor day, it looks like I was pretty much rejected as soon as they looked at me.

Not really sure what else I can do to improve my stats. Maybe I need to just give up on this. I've taken about 50 credits and dumped over 10000 dollars into this in the last few years and it only changed my GPA from 2.89 to 3.09. I have a master's degree and 14000 hours of high level patient care. All I get is rejections for two years of applications. There isn't really anything else I can do to get in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, laferri2 said:

Just got my rejection letter, given that they didn't take it into committee until Thursday afternoon, and Monday was labor day, it looks like I was pretty much rejected as soon as they looked at me.

Not really sure what else I can do to improve my stats. Maybe I need to just give up on this. I've taken about 50 credits and dumped over 10000 dollars into this in the last few years and it only changed my GPA from 2.89 to 3.09. I have a master's degree and 14000 hours of high level patient care. All I get is rejections for two years of applications. There isn't really anything else I can do to get in. 

Keep your head up! All you need is one school! I believe this program puts an emphasis on the CASPer. How confident did you feel after it? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, laferri2 said:

Just got my rejection letter, given that they didn't take it into committee until Thursday afternoon, and Monday was labor day, it looks like I was pretty much rejected as soon as they looked at me.

Not really sure what else I can do to improve my stats. Maybe I need to just give up on this. I've taken about 50 credits and dumped over 10000 dollars into this in the last few years and it only changed my GPA from 2.89 to 3.09. I have a master's degree and 14000 hours of high level patient care. All I get is rejections for two years of applications. There isn't really anything else I can do to get in. 

As the other poster mentioned, do not give up if this is what you really want. I don't know if you follow any PA Facebook groups, but there are people there who got in after FIVE cycles! Have you looked into schools that focus on the last 40-60 credits for your upward trend? Did you apply early this year? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ammelton said:

Hi! Does anyone have any insight into whether or not interviews are still going on and whether or not all seats have been filled?

I have an interview with them tomorrow. As far as I know, not all seats have been filled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those that received and did the interview, can you tell me how it went? How did you prepare for it?

also, do they provide a link or something to access the interview? Sorry, I’ve never had an interview through that platform and they didn’t give any instructions by email. Thank you and good luck to everyone!

Edited by Caro9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2019 at 7:40 AM, silverfrost said:

I have an interview with them tomorrow. As far as I know, not all seats have been filled.

How did it go? How many people interviewed you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Caro9 said:

For those that received and did the interview, can you tell me how it went? How did you prepare for it?

also, do they provide a link or something to access the interview? Sorry, I’ve never had an interview through that platform and they didn’t give any instructions by email. Thank you and good luck to everyone!

It's a Zoom meeting and they should provide you links to access it. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, PNWPA256 said:

I received an interview offer yesterday! I am so excited. How has it been for those of us who already interviewed?

Good luck! I interviewed in July and have been waitlisted since then. The interviews are pretty conversational, so just be yourself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More