2019 Yale PA online application cycle

I have been offered acceptance. I’m not sure of my exact GPA’s, overall GPA is likely in the 3.8-3.9, science GPA probably around 3.6-3.7 and prerequisite GPA probably around 3.7-3.8. My GRE was 313. I have been a Registered Dietitian for 10 years and have an MS in Human Nutrition. I have worked in hospital/ICU, physician office, and mental health settings (lots of hours). I applied at the final deadline last year with one outstanding prerequisite and was waitlisted for the 2019 cohort (and a spot did not open up). I submitted my application very early this cycle (early February) and completed interviews and Casper test in early May. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting!! There’s still plenty of time! 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, erriley720 said:

I have been offered acceptance. I’m not sure of my exact GPA’s, overall GPA is likely in the 3.8-3.9, science GPA probably around 3.6-3.7 and prerequisite GPA probably around 3.7-3.8. My GRE was 313. I have been a Registered Dietitian for 10 years and have an MS in Human Nutrition. I have worked in hospital/ICU, physician office, and mental health settings (lots of hours). I applied at the final deadline last year with one outstanding prerequisite and was waitlisted for the 2019 cohort (and a spot did not open up). I submitted my application very early this cycle (early February) and completed interviews and Casper test in early May. 

Congratulations!!! Does anyone have any idea how many seats are filled/left for Jan 2020?

12 minutes ago, ammelton said:

Congratulations!!! Does anyone have any idea how many seats are filled/left for Jan 2020?

I was accepted as well. For those curious, my overall GPA was 3.89 with science 3.74 I believe. My GRE was 330 and I took the Casper in May. I've been a paramedic for over 12 years with thousands of hours. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, MSRDCSSD said:

20 hours ago, SB109 said:

I was accepted as well. For those curious, my overall GPA was 3.89 with science 3.74 I believe. My GRE was 330 and I took the Casper in May. I've been a paramedic for over 12 years with thousands of hours. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Have your CASPer results been processed yet?

I wonder if their decisions were influenced by the test?

I did my personal and academic interviews in early May (notified of scheduling these via email) and completed the Casper test. My understanding was we do not receive the results of the Casper test, they go straight to the school. I was notified of acceptance by phone call and then email with the official letter. 

I believe there are 60 seats for the 2020 cohort but I do not know how many have been filled. If things are the same as last year, the application cycle goes into the fall and it’s possible to be offered acceptance all the way into October. 

1 hour ago, MSRDCSSD said:

I did my personal and academic interviews in early May (notified of scheduling these via email) and completed the Casper test. My understanding was we do not receive the results of the Casper test, they go straight to the school. I was notified of acceptance by phone call and then email with the official letter. 

I believe there are 60 seats for the 2020 cohort but I do not know how many have been filled. If things are the same as last year, the application cycle goes into the fall and it’s possible to be offered acceptance all the way into October. 

Congratulations on your acceptance! My interviews are on Wednesday - any advice? I really love this program and am really excited about it. 

4 hours ago, MSRDCSSD said:

When did you receive the phone call? 

5 hours ago, Aly2020 said:

Hello,

congrats to everyone who was accepted and offered interviews. I was offered an interview and I scheduled it for next week. I am curious to see what kind of format it will be.  

Good Luck

Alyson

Congrat! Do you mind sharing when you submitted and your app was sent to admissions? I submitted in March and it was sent to admissions March 25, i still have not received anything as of yet. I also completed Casper already. 

1 hour ago, ammelton said:

I submitted last week and was verified. Taking CASPer on 6/2. After reading all of these offers for interview (CONGRATS by the way!), am I too late in the game?

Definitely still early! They had an early decision deadline back on April 15 - that's where the interview offers are coming from. You've got plenty of time 😊

• Like 1

Last year I watched the entering class Facebook page to tell how many people had been accepted. That is how I pretty much knew my waitlisted position was a wrap way before they notified us that we wouldn't be getting in. That being said I am pretty sure they aren't going to fill the entire class from early applicants. Last year going into the very last day of deadlines only 48 out of the 60 were filled. I was bummed at the final number of 59 people last year as there was technically a spot for a waitlisted person never filled, but my guess is someone dropped out super last minute. Admissions won't tell you anything about how many accepted people, but the info is available out there. 😁

Edited by docsls6
  • Like 1

For anyone who applied for the early decision deadline, it seems that if we have not had interview requests by this time, we will most likely not be offered one. I wish they would send a notification when they decide not to interview specific individuals. It sounds like no denials have been given at this time. The suspense is killing me! Congrats to all who have been accepted. 

2 hours ago, Lholloway14 said:

For anyone who applied for the early decision deadline, it seems that if we have not had interview requests by this time, we will most likely not be offered one. I wish they would send a notification when they decide not to interview specific individuals. It sounds like no denials have been given at this time. The suspense is killing me! Congrats to all who have been accepted. 

I agree with you, I’m sure interview invites are wrapping up. I tried to ask for an update but I only got the standard response “your application is still under review”. I wish rejections would be sent out as they go through apps instead of making you wait this long to find out. 

22 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

I was also invited to interview. Nervous but also very excited. I’ve never prayed harder for reliable WiFi connection. Good luck to all!

When was your application completed? Congratulations!! Would you also mind sharing your GRE, GPA, and HCE type? 

I was declined admission this morning and am heartbroken.  This seemed like the perfect fit, as my goals match Yale’s perfectly.  Here are my stats. I assume my age and lack of recent PCE hours was a contributor.

GRE 313, 4.5. Biology major GPA 3.2, Graduate GPA 3.56 (Entomology)  PCE 1400 (CNA 1988) and medical volunteer hours 225.  Community volunteer hours: thousands.

Best of luck to everyone, I know this is a process and an effort in perseverance.  Hang in there!