2019 Yale PA online application cycle

I took the CASPer tonight. It was ok.

Just found out my application won't be finalized in time for the early decision deadline. One of my LOR's is a committee letter signed by the head of my post bac program, my advisor and the doc I shadowed who helps run the program. I found out that the committee letter won't count as a healthcare rec because my guidance counselor submitted it on everyone's behalf. In order for Yale to count it as a healthcare rec he has to submit his own. I didn't find this out until yesterday. I emailed the doc and he's happy to do it, but is swamped and can't get to it until the end of the week.  I've waited this long, I'm willing to wait longer to put the best package forward, but it's a little disappointing. Also, I'm now faced with the CASPA fees for all the other programs I need to apply to.

Hello all, 

My application was finished and received today! That was a close one! I'm anxious about my GRE score. I applied for early decision, so I didn't have the amount of time I wanted to study. I received a 291 on my GRE , 3.4 overall GPA, 3.74 pre req GPA, and about 4000 of HCE. I'm trying to take the CASPer in the beginning of June, so hopefully I do well on that and my GRE doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. Good luck to everyone!

Edited by GailHoldst

That's awesome! I am hoping to hear today that my application goes under review. I had one outstanding LOR and it should've been completed yesterday. I am waiting to hear from Sanjay that they received it. 

How did they notify you that your's was complete? Email or phone call? Also, did you calculate your GPAs on your own or did you receive that breakdown from them?

Thanks for any info and GOOD LUCK!!!

Amber

5 hours ago, AZRRTtoPA said:

That's awesome! I am hoping to hear today that my application goes under review. I had one outstanding LOR and it should've been completed yesterday. I am waiting to hear from Sanjay that they received it. 

How did they notify you that your's was complete? Email or phone call? Also, did you calculate your GPAs on your own or did you receive that breakdown from them?

Thanks for any info and GOOD LUCK!!!

Amber

You get an email, but I got a follow-up phone call as well. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rkim12 said:

Has everybody received an email regarding the CASPer test? I only received one email regarding my application status stating that it was going to be under review (on May 13th).

Thanks, and good luck to everyone! 

I received my call and email yesterday stating I was under review. This morning I woke up to an email to register for the CASPer for the June 2nd date in order to be qualified for early decision.

2 hours ago, AZRRTtoPA said:

I received my call and email yesterday stating I was under review. This morning I woke up to an email to register for the CASPer for the June 2nd date in order to be qualified for early decision.

Thanks for the update! Does anyone know if everyone receives this email? Can't help but feel a little anxious... 

On 4/29/2019 at 5:46 AM, docsls6 said:

This is my advice. You have three prompts to tell Yale everything about you and your motivations that they cannot see in your app. You also get 500-1500 characters to tell them anything you want. 

The problem I see with anyone who doesn't know you intimately is that they only know what you PUT into the essay prompt and not what you SHOULD have put into the essay prompts. 

The only people I had read my prompts was my wife and initially my mother. After my mother's feedback I was pretty sure she wasn't going to be helpful so I stuck to my wife, however I didn't allow her to change anything I wanted to say. We made only small tweaks on HOW I was saying it.  

If you want a company or stranger to help they can, just realize that most of what they give you isn't going to ensure you did your best, it is only going to ensure what you wrote was grammatically correct. 

You just have to trust yourself more. I was never concerned about my prompts. The biggest hurdle I had was cutting down what I wanted to say to 500 words or 500 characters. 

This was very helpful; thank you. I think creating a list of things/qualities that I want the program to know about me will help keep my essays focused and clear.

32 minutes ago, NICURT said:

Has anyone been accepted yet? If you do could you please share your stats (HCE type, Cumulative GPA, pre req GPA, GRE)

Thank you and good luck everyone!  

I was wondering the same thing. The June 15 deadline is approaching soon. My app was sent to admissions 8 weeks ago and I still have not heard back 😣 it’s making me nervous. 

35 minutes ago, NICURT said:

Last years thread shows everyone began receiving calls on exactly June 15-18. We should expect similar time frames for our cycle. 2-3 more weeks 🙂 

Take a look at the end of the thread from the previous year you initially looked at. Looks like people were receiving acceptances during the week of May 14th....Let the psych games begin!

Hi! I'm new to this thread. Hope to have my app in by the end of the month. Scheduled to take the CASPer on June 2. 🤞🤞🤞🤞

I keep seeing the date of June 15 mentioned....is this for the Jan 2020 cohort? All I've found online is a priority deadline of 1 July. 

Edited by ammelton

2 hours ago, NICURT said:

Last years thread shows everyone began receiving calls on exactly June 15-18. We should expect similar time frames for our cycle. 2-3 more weeks 🙂 

For acceptances or interviews? At least on this thread, there doesn’t seem to be too many people having received interviews, and we are supposed to have a final decision by June 15. I’m curious when they plan to have interviews completed, since we are running out of time for the deadline. I’m hoping that having not heard back yet isn’t a sign of rejection