Meharry School of Medicine

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, kmathis said:

Just received an email saying they were postponing interviews. I was wondering if anyone had heard about the accreditation status as to if that was the hold up for interviews. Seeing as the program start was aimed for January hopefully they'll reschedule them fairly quick.

According to ARC PA they are not yet accredited. I’ve emailed them asking if the program start date in January will be postponed as well because of this. I’ll post on here of/when I hear back 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, gala9944 said:

According to ARC PA they are not yet accredited. I’ve emailed them asking if the program start date in January will be postponed as well because of this. I’ll post on here of/when I hear back 

Okay I emailed them also. Fingers crossed they don’t have to postpone the start date again.

I did some research Morehouse recieved their accreditation 1 month after the accreditation meeting. So hopefully meharry will hear something back by next week.

I may have some good news. Schools that attended the accreditation meeting have not heard anything back regarding their accreditation status/ approval so, it's not just Meharry. However, some schools still are conducting interviews in spite of.

Edited by Shiregis1022

7 minutes ago, sprie010 said:

So I wonder why they postponed the interviews. I emailed them asking if they are still starting the program in January, but have not heard back from them. I think programs that are pending provisional accreditation are able to interview but not enrolled unless they are accredited. I have seen programs that interview and accept students but later have to have to refund the students if they do not become accredited.

Right I just reread their email it states that due to circumstances out of their control. Maybe it has something to do with the building or space or something idk

I wish they would have stated the reason why

Edited by Shiregis1022

2 hours ago, CCCorson said:

CASPA deadline for this program is 03/01/2020..... so i'm not so sure they are starting in January because I was going to apply! do you guys think it is too late? 

The application open on Caspa is for the following cycle. So if this cohort starts this year the next class is set to start Jan 2021. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, CCCorson said:

I have tried to contact the program and have never been able to get ahold of anyone to ask their opinion. Do you know of a number to call?

I attempted to call and email as well but was unable to. The last communication that I had from them was in regards to their supplemental application (they did not send it out yet)