Meharry School of Medicine

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, kmathis said:

Since nobody has gotten interview invites has anyone received rejections? Just curious if they are only sending out rejection letters or not sending out either one until they sit for their accreditation. Thanks!

Two individuals posted within the group stating that they were rejected. These are the only people that I have heard about so far however, that was over a month ago. 

53 minutes ago, Biaboyd345 said:

Two individuals posted within the group stating that they were rejected. These are the only people that I have heard about so far however, that was over a month ago. 

Okay thanks. Hopefully they start letting us know soon since the new cycle is open!

Hey guys I had contacted the office last week about a status update and a clarification on the exact date of their ARC-PA meeting (as the directors message still states June and the accreditation tab listed September) and this is the response I got as of this morning 

Greetings, 
The admissions committee is in the process of reviewing applications. Applicants selected to move forward in the application process will be notified via email in the coming weeks based on the timeline established by  Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA).  The information in the directors message is an error, the review is scheduled for September.  

PA Admissions
School of Graduate Studies and Research
Physician Assistant Sciences
Pa-admissions@mmc.edu
Direct: 615.327.6358|Fax: 615.327.5871

Hopefully by the end of next month we may start hearing back! 

Edited by Gabriella12
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Gabriella12 said:

Hey guys I had contacted the office last week about a status update and a clarification on the exact date of their ARC-PA meeting (as the directors message still states June and the accreditation tab listed September) and this is the response I got as of this morning 

Greetings, 
The admissions committee is in the process of reviewing applications. Applicants selected to move forward in the application process will be notified via email in the coming weeks based on the timeline established by  Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA).  The information in the directors message is an error, the review is scheduled for September.  

PA Admissions
Pa-admissions@mmc.edu

Just received an email similar to this from them so hopefully we all hear some good news relatively soon 🙂 

20 hours ago, Gabriella12 said:

Greetings, 

PA Admissions
Pa-admissions@mmc.edu

Just received an email similar to this from them so hopefully we all hear some good news relatively soon 🙂 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, al3000 said:

They are saying that my general chemistry I and II have expired, but they won't accept my  two graduate level biochemistry courses as substitutes.

First off, I am sorry to hear this as this is nothing that anyone wants to hear. I wanted to know how you found out about your courses? Did you contact them or did they notify you? You said you took graduate level courses does this mean you earned your Masters?

Edited by darrentharris

Hello everyone. I am applying to PA school this cycle and hoping to start in 2021. Meharry is a school I just found and am also wondering what their application status is. The website says they are a CASPA participant but they are not listed on CASPA. I see they have not yet accepted students and that they are not interviewing yet. Last year when were they up on CASPA to be able to apply? 

On 6/2/2019 at 1:57 PM, Glendah628 said:

@Booknerd thanks for the update. I guess they have a different deadline than most schools. I have not heard about any interviews. 

Does anyone know if they accept medical terminology as a certificate or just credit? 

It states on their website one credit hour however, I would call to double check. Hate to ask this question, but has anyone heard of any more rejections ? Just trying to determine if they are still in the process of reviewing applications.