Meharry School of Medicine

Just thought I’d let everyone know. I emailed them about when they would be contacting students, and about sending updated transcripts. They seem to be very vague with their answers and I didn’t get any new information but here was the reply I got:

Greetings, 
The admissions committee is in the process of reviewing applications. Applicants selected to move forward in the application process will be notified via email.  Applicants my include updated information in the supplemental application.

PA Admissions
School of Graduate Studies and Research
Physician Assistant Sciences

Hope this gives everyone peace of mind about their applications and hopefuly they’ll be contacting applicants soon. 😭

• Like 1

1 hour ago, corpsmanvan242 said:

Hello all! 

Got my 24 and final rejection today from Meharry. Good luck to those still in the running. Be sure to check your junk mail.

@corpsmanvan242 I’m sorry to hear. I’ve had my fair share as well. There’s no giving up though! We got this!

However, thank you for the update; I tend to overlook my junk mail. Do you mind sharing what the email said? 

3 hours ago, corpsmanvan242 said:

Hello all! 

Got my 24 and final rejection today from Meharry. Good luck to those still in the running. Be sure to check your junk mail.

@corpsmanvan242 Geez I am so sorry! Wishing you the best of luck with everything else though. Also thank you so much for sharing with everyone so people have an idea of what going on. I have not hear anything from them just yet, but I am sure they are still reviewing and sending out their letters. I also applied to about 15+ schools and have been rejected by almost every single one. There is always next cycle though! Literally just days away. Keep trying! 

Also do you mind sharing your stats? Only if you feel comfortable of course. 

Thanks for the well wishes. All apart of the process I guess.

Not entirely amazing by pa standards

3.12 CGPA

3.09 SGPA

20,932 PCE

17,351HCE

GRE was meh @ 298.

this upcoming cycle will be my last for a while. This is starting to feel like a pipe dream and I can’t really keep trying to get by on CNA pay, while doing courses and some how applying to programs all alone. This years back up plan is an advanced standing adn rn program. Is it what I want to do? No but it may be what I have to do if I don’t want to be homeless and in debt.

It was pretty generic:

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your interest in the Meharry Medical College Physician Assistant Sciences Program.   The admissions committee has completed its review of your application and I regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you admission at this time or a position on our alternate list.  

Please be assured that a holistic and comprehensive approach was utilized in reviewing your application before making this difficult decision. Admissions decisions are based on a composite of information including your previous academic performance, comments from references, relevant activities, personal statements, and GRE scores among others factors. The applicant pool we received had many interesting and excellent applications, only some of which we were able to accept this year.

Although I must regretfully send you an unfavorable response to your application. Applicants may email pa-admissions@mmc.eduif you further questions regarding your application. I appreciate your interest in the Meharry Medical College Physician Assistant Sciences Program and extend our best wishes for your future endeavors.   

Respectfully, 

PA Admissions 
Meharry Medical College

I hope that helps.

1 hour ago, corpsmanvan242 said:

Thanks for the well wishes. All apart of the process I guess.

Not entirely amazing by pa standards

3.12 CGPA

3.09 SGPA

20,932 PCE

17,351HCE

GRE was meh @ 298.

this upcoming cycle will be my last for a while. This is starting to feel like a pipe dream and I can’t really keep trying to get by on CNA pay, while doing courses and some how applying to programs all alone. This years back up plan is an advanced standing adn rn program. Is it what I want to do? No but it may be what I have to do if I don’t want to be homeless and in debt.

I have similar stats as you however, not as much HCE / PCE so I’m feeling a little discouraged right now. However, like a previous user said, don’t give up. I can definitely see how reapplying can be a hinderance on a CNA salary but becoming an adn rn may be a great TEMPORARY thing to make more money and gain more PCE in a different setting. Definitely do not think that you should give up your journey towards becoming a PA if it’s really what you want to do. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors. 

Edited by Biaboyd345

2 hours ago, corpsmanvan242 said:

It was pretty generic:

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your interest in the Meharry Medical College Physician Assistant Sciences Program.   The admissions committee has completed its review of your application and I regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you admission at this time or a position on our alternate list.  

Please be assured that a holistic and comprehensive approach was utilized in reviewing your application before making this difficult decision. Admissions decisions are based on a composite of information including your previous academic performance, comments from references, relevant activities, personal statements, and GRE scores among others factors. The applicant pool we received had many interesting and excellent applications, only some of which we were able to accept this year.

Although I must regretfully send you an unfavorable response to your application. Applicants may email pa-admissions@mmc.eduif you further questions regarding your application. I appreciate your interest in the Meharry Medical College Physician Assistant Sciences Program and extend our best wishes for your future endeavors.   

Respectfully, 

PA Admissions 
Meharry Medical College

I hope that helps.

Thanks so much for sharing, I agree with @Biaboyd345 definitely don’t give up the dream!! I know that must be hard but you’ve put in so much already! Just keep bettering your application! Apply again next cycle! My stats are honestly about the same as yours but a little worse in everything. Way less HCE, I had about 5,000. I had a strong personal statement though, and I updated a lot in my supplemental application. It’s been almost a year since I turned in that application, so I had a lot to say. I am feeling discouraged as well, but you never know with these schools. At times I feel like they choose a few people at random, you can never tell what they are thinking! 

Best of luck!

I am in the same position, still waiting for a response after submitting my supplemental in January. When I contacted them about questions regarding the supplemental application and application process, they stated that they would be reviewing applications on an individual bases, so I am not sure if they are grouping letters or just sending them after reviewing each application. I remember reading the policies and it stated they would interview up to 150 individuals for 30 seats I believe? Has anyone heard any other news or can anyone else confirm the number of seats for this years class? Thanks in advance 🙂 Hoping we hear back within the next week or so!

• Like 2

Can anyone confirm what exactly the requirements are. There seems to be a discrepancy with the information. One site says 2.75 GPA with A&P 1&2 courses, gen biology 1&2 , gen chem 1&2 , medical terminology and general psych courses. Other courses like Orgo and Biochem are recommended but not required. Then another site says 3.0 GPA with Orgo, Biochem, microbiology , and several psych  courses as a requirement. 

58 minutes ago, PrePA97 said:

Can anyone confirm what exactly the requirements are. There seems to be a discrepancy with the information. One site says 2.75 GPA with A&P 1&2 courses, gen biology 1&2 , gen chem 1&2 , medical terminology and general psych courses. Other courses like Orgo and Biochem are recommended but not required. Then another site says 3.0 GPA with Orgo, Biochem, microbiology , and several psych  courses as a requirement. 

I’m honestly not sure! It seems like that has been an ongoing issue per previous posts, but I’ve only seen the 2.75 GPA requirement and original pre-reqs. What site are you going to that states other wise? 

14 minutes ago, Mj424 said:

I’m honestly not sure! It seems like that has been an ongoing issue per previous posts, but I’ve only seen the 2.75 GPA requirement and original pre-reqs. What site are you going to that states other wise? 

I’ve emailed them regarding this previously and they told me that the page with the 3.0 GPA requirement was an old / outdated page. Here is the exact message

Greetings,

It seems you have somehow accessed an outdated webpage.  AP courses are not accepted and the minimum GPA is 2.75 (see link below). If you have an upper level psyc course, you can substitute it for general psyc course.  

Edited by Biaboyd345

17 hours ago, Biaboyd345 said:

I’ve emailed them regarding this previously and they told me that the page with the 3.0 GPA requirement was an old / outdated page. Here is the exact message

Greetings,

It seems you have somehow accessed an outdated webpage.  AP courses are not accepted and the minimum GPA is 2.75 (see link below). If you have an upper level psyc course, you can substitute it for general psyc course.  

Can you please post the link they said to refer to, please. 

17 hours ago, Mj424 said:

When you search Meharry PA school there’s a link for admissions requirements. Her is the link: 

https://home.mmc.edu/pa-program-requirements/