Sullivan Applicant Cycle 2018-2019

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, rtimmons said:

As if my nerves weren't shot from having to evacuate from the hurricane, now I may be getting an invite for an interview soon is just doubly adding to it!!!!

For those of you who did get an early invite, what were your stats if you do not mind sharing them?

Stay safe ! Let’s keep our hopes up ??

13 hours ago, Smitty351 said:

Thanks for the info! I have just talked to a student there. She said there is several reasons why some got early invites than others. 

Do you mind to share those reasons with as ? 

Congratulation! I am looking forward Monday and hopefully getting the invitation too. 

Another question do they send rejection letters also only after all interviews are done ?  

8 hours ago, Mallori said:

Received interview invite on 9/14/18. Before I would be given options for the date of the interview I completed a supplemental application and $100 non-refundable fee. Received interview invite on 9/14/18. Before I would be given options for the date of the interview I completed a supplemental application and $100 non-refundable fee.

I'm also out of state applicant, but I am from Indiana so not too far away.

Congratulations to all of you, who got an early invitation! You absolutely, 100% deserved it ! You worked hard and this payed you back with great bebefit !

For all who didn’t get an early invite , let’s keep our hopes up and look forward to receiving our regular invite this Monday :). 

????????????

Good luck to all of us ! We made it here because we can ! 

On 9/15/2018 at 7:34 AM, YGrabo said:

Do you mind to share those reasons with as ? 

Congratulation! I am looking forward Monday and hopefully getting the invitation too. 

Another question do they send rejection letters also only after all interviews are done ?  

She said they changed it all around this year cause it was a mess with the weather. She said that some interviews was canceled due to weather. The early interview advantage is that after each day of interviews, they set down and right on your paper admit, wait list, hold, or decline. So if you get to the very last day of interviews there could only be a couple of spots left open. 

As as far as rejection letters I didn’t ask. 

2 hours ago, Smitty351 said:

She said they changed it all around this year cause it was a mess with the weather. She said that some interviews was canceled due to weather. The early interview advantage is that after each day of interviews, they set down and right on your paper admit, wait list, hold, or decline. So if you get to the very last day of interviews there could only be a couple of spots left open. 

Thank you for sharing this with all of us . 

Best of luck to you on your path of becoming a PA ! 

4 hours ago, Smitty351 said:

Hi there! Not quite sure that this information is correct. I received an early interview invite on 9/14 and it states "offers to attend will go out digitally during the week of December 10th once all interviews have been conducted" so I do not think there is any advantage to interviewing earlier. We just get the advantage of scheduling our date before they are all taken up. It seems as if they interview everyone then make admission decisions. Nothing in the email suggests that preference would be given to those who interview earlier. I actually planned on selecting a later date so I would have more time to consider my options with other schools/make travel arrangements. 

On 9/14/2018 at 4:00 PM, charmalarm said:

Congrats to everyone who got early invites! What is it do you think that set you apart?

Thank you! In this regard I would just say patient care experience. I applied to this program last year and was not even offered an interview, however I received early interview preference this year. I was promoted at my job and had about 1500 more hours of patient care experience along with a better letter of recommendation, but other than that my application did not change much. It is difficult to tell exactly what schools are looking for, but I would say a wide variety of patient care experience/hours and competitive grades! The applicant pool changes every year as well so it truly varies! I would just say being competitive in each aspect of your application (pre-reqs, patient care, shadowing, volunteering, personal statement, etc)!

25 minutes ago, KP5537 said:

Hi there! Not quite sure that this information is correct. I received an early interview invite on 9/14 and it states "offers to attend will go out digitally during the week of December 10th once all interviews have been conducted" so I do not think there is any advantage to interviewing earlier. We just get the advantage of scheduling our date before they are all taken up. It seems as if they interview everyone then make admission decisions. Nothing in the email suggests that preference would be given to those who interview earlier. I actually planned on selecting a later date so I would have more time to consider my options with other schools/make travel arrangements. 

Right nobody finds out anything until Dec. She did say that. Good Luck to everyone! 

2 hours ago, YGrabo said:

Hi guys . What time did you receive your email ? What time should we expect ( of course if we are invited ) email to come in , as I have bio class today .... 

The email said that the invites would START going out on Monday, so it's possible that one could come later too! Just an FYI so people aren't discouraged if an invite doesn't come today.

2 minutes ago, ATAF3121 said:

For those of you that got the early invite, have you all scheduled your interview yet? I haven't gotten my email back after completing my supplemental to schedule and want to make sure I didn't do something wrong haha.

I got an email to schedule an interview maybe 10-20 minutes after finishing my supplemental app on Friday. I would email Joey directly and let him know since most of the emails came from the "do not reply" address!

2 hours ago, ATAF3121 said:

For those of you that got the early invite, have you all scheduled your interview yet? I haven't gotten my email back after completing my supplemental to schedule and want to make sure I didn't do something wrong haha.

I just scheduled mine a few minutes ago! I filled out the supplemental Sunday afternoon and didn’t get asked to schedule until an hour or so ago, so it takes time! I was thinking the same thing haha. I’ll be there December 7th! All dates were still left when I scheduled. 

19 minutes ago, ExcitedPAstudent said:

Would anyone who got an invitation friday care to share what the supplemental application consisted of and how long it took? I may be at work when/if I do get an invitation and I want to make sure I can fill it out in time. 

It’s pretty much just personal information, no curve balls. I’d set aside 15-20 minutes to complete it. You shouldn’t need more time than that

Archived