Sullivan Applicant Cycle 2018-2019

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone. I submitted my application to CASPA and got verified for Sullivan on May 21st. Got confirmation from them on 5/22. 

My science GPA is 4.0 and over all 3.97. I have BAS. Over 8000 hr in direct patient care . I really hope to interview with them . 

Good luck guys ! 

On 5/20/2018 at 8:29 PM, rtimmons said:

Anyone here looking to apply this coming cycle? I would love to hear about your experiences during the application cycle if you are a past or re-applicant. 

I am ! Applied and now waiting ? 

good luck ! 

1 minute ago, Dmorriston said:

I was accepted into the program this last cycle. I start this upcoming month. I’ll try to be active on this forum to answer questions as much as possible. 

Any advice for the interview process? What were your stats when you got offered an interview? How many programs did you apply to?

19 minutes ago, rtimmons said:

Any advice for the interview process? What were your stats when you got offered an interview? How many programs did you apply to?

They really are just looking to get to know you. So be yourself and answer the questions on how you really feel about the subject. It was MMI (Multiple Mini Interview). There are YouTube videos on MMI that will be helpful. 

My stats were ~3.6 science, 3.87 cumulative, and ~1000 patient care hours as a Nursing Assistant. However, I kept updated my hours as time progressed. 

On 5/26/2018 at 8:39 PM, YGrabo said:

Hi everyone. I submitted my application to CASPA and got verified for Sullivan on May 21st. Got confirmation from them on 5/22. 

My science GPA is 4.0 and over all 3.97. I have BAS. Over 8000 hr in direct patient care . I really hope to interview with them . 

Good luck guys ! 

Wow do I feel behind the power curve with those stats. 

4 hours ago, Dmorriston said:

They really are just looking to get to know you. So be yourself and answer the questions on how you really feel about the subject. It was MMI (Multiple Mini Interview). There are YouTube videos on MMI that will be helpful. 

My stats were ~3.6 science, 3.87 cumulative, and ~1000 patient care hours as a Nursing Assistant. However, I kept updated my hours as time progressed. 

Thank you for your insides about the interview. I hope, I will be invited too . Keep posting about your studies . How hard/easy is it ? 

So my GPA is 3.79 cumulative (Magna Cum Laude), science I am guessing is around 3.4-3.5, over 1,000 PCE/HCE hours combined. I also have around 100 shadowing hours with a PA as well. I have some volunteer work with the ARC done and some volunteer hours with free health care clinic in my community.

I currently work as a PT Aide and as a medical scribe for an ortho PA.

I retired from the USMC last June after 16 years of service. 

Looking at a total of 4 schools, with a possibility of 2 more to be added. I know they say to cast a wide net, but I am limited in where I can apply as I do not have Gen Bio 1&2, nor do I have a very strong chem background so I do not have OrgO done as well. I plan on submitting my app for Sullivan here in the next few weeks once my LOR's come back (2 PA, 1 PT, 1 Prof who is retired chiropractor, and 1 former supervisor who is an active duty officer in the USMC). 

I hope to see the rest of you soon!

Good luck!

R/S,
Rob

On 5/30/2018 at 7:16 AM, rtimmons said:

So my GPA is 3.79 cumulative (Magna Cum Laude), science I am guessing is around 3.4-3.5, over 1,000 PCE/HCE hours combined. I also have around 100 shadowing hours with a PA as well. I have some volunteer work with the ARC done and some volunteer hours with free health care clinic in my community.

I currently work as a PT Aide and as a medical scribe for an ortho PA.

I retired from the USMC last June after 16 years of service. 

Looking at a total of 4 schools, with a possibility of 2 more to be added. I know they say to cast a wide net, but I am limited in where I can apply as I do not have Gen Bio 1&2, nor do I have a very strong chem background so I do not have OrgO done as well. I plan on submitting my app for Sullivan here in the next few weeks once my LOR's come back (2 PA, 1 PT, 1 Prof who is retired chiropractor, and 1 former supervisor who is an active duty officer in the USMC). 

I hope to see the rest of you soon!

Good luck!

R/S,
Rob

Your GPA is strong and your backroad is impressive! Good luck ! See you in the program :)) 

Hi everyone!

I'm a bit nervous about applying to the program. My stats are:

cumulative gpa: 3.75, pre req gpa: 3.6, science gpa: probably around 3.8, 1,500 patient contact hours as a CNA, 50 shadowing hours, 50 volunteer hours. I am worried because my patient contact hours are all from a long term care facility. 

I hope to at least get an interview. Has anyone heard of people get in/not getting in with stats around mine? Looking for some feedback on what to expect. 

20 hours ago, ExcitedPAstudent said:

Hi everyone!

I'm a bit nervous about applying to the program. My stats are:

cumulative gpa: 3.75, pre req gpa: 3.6, science gpa: probably around 3.8, 1,500 patient contact hours as a CNA, 50 shadowing hours, 50 volunteer hours. I am worried because my patient contact hours are all from a long term care facility. 

I hope to at least get an interview. Has anyone heard of people get in/not getting in with stats around mine? Looking for some feedback on what to expect. 

I heard people getting accepted even with lower gpa ! Your stats are fine ! I would suggest to attend their info session on July 21st and put face with application together. Best of luck ! 

• 2 weeks later...

I applied here last cycle and was offered an interview Oct 31st. I think the email went out to everybody who they wanted to interview at the same time and it had 5-6 dates to choose from. You had to pay $100 to reserve your interview spot. They did not tell anybody if they were accepted/denied/waitlisted until all interviews were done at the beginning of February.

7 hours ago, brittany16220 said:

I applied here last cycle and was offered an interview Oct 31st. I think the email went out to everybody who they wanted to interview at the same time and it had 5-6 dates to choose from. You had to pay $100 to reserve your interview spot. They did not tell anybody if they were accepted/denied/waitlisted until all interviews were done at the beginning of February.

Thank you for this information . 

Archived