Sullivan Applicant Cycle 2018-2019

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, YGrabo said:

Hi guys . We are getting close to August deadline . Did anyone got invitation for interview? I haven’t heard anything back since my application went for review by two faculties .... 

I interviewed last year and the August 1st deadline is just for the initial screening to see if you meet the requirements to pass on your application to the 2 faculty members. Last year we got the interview invites on October 31st, 2 full months after my application was sent for review by 2 faculty members, I don't imagine we will hear anything anytime soon.

3 hours ago, Ash940 said:

I interviewed last year and the August 1st deadline is just for the initial screening to see if you meet the requirements to pass on your application to the 2 faculty members. Last year we got the interview invites on October 31st, 2 full months after my application was sent for review by 2 faculty members, I don't imagine we will hear anything anytime soon.

Thank you 

23 hours ago, Ash940 said:

When did you receive the email that your application was going to further review?

On 7/28/2018 at 10:51 AM, caduceus727 said:

When did you receive the email that your application was going to further review?

Last year the deadline was September 1st instead of August 1st like this year, but I got the email stating I passed the initial screening on 8/23 and I first submitted my application 8/16. Maybe they are behind because there are more applicants this year? I also haven't heard I passed the initial screening either even though I know I will since they haven't changed their pre-reqs haha! Last year's process took so long and so I hope moving the deadline up a month will help!

On 7/27/2018 at 8:22 PM, PAschoollove said:

Did anyone else not get the e-mail that their app has been passed to two other faculty members? The last e-mail I received from them was the initial review e-mail. I know they said the deadline was Aug 1st, but just a little concerned considering it’s around the corner. Thanks ? 

I am in the same boat as you. 

Submitted 6/28
Initial Review email received 7/6

Nothing since then. 

1 hour ago, ExcitedPAstudent said:

Should I be nervous I haven't gotten an email saying i passed the initial review yet? I submitted on 7/22 and got verified 7/25 saying it was under initial review (earlier than some people who have said they already got the email). It was saying it could take up until August 1st which was yesterday so I'm a bit worried. 

No definitely not. My CASPA app was verified back in May and they sent my secondary e-mail pretty late compared to other applicants who were verified around the same time! Do not worry! I’m sure they are still sending out the secondary e-mails. ? 

Hi all!  I've been avoiding posting this but I think it's helpful for others to know.  (I've been checking the boards a bit too frequently looking for any clues on acceptance/rejection info.)

I received an email around 10:30 PM EST last night that my application did not make it through initial evaluation.  My BCP were 2.96 so it did not meet the 3.0 cutoff.  I'm sharing this information hoping it will save someone a few bucks in the future.  My overall science GPA is higher (above 3.0) but since Sullivan uses the BCP, the higher level sciences didn't bump it at all.

Best of luck to all in their journey!  I have 8 other applications out right now so fingers crossed!

8 minutes ago, PAapplicant1819 said:

Hi all!  I've been avoiding posting this but I think it's helpful for others to know.  (I've been checking the boards a bit too frequently looking for any clues on acceptance/rejection info.)

I received an email around 10:30 PM EST last night that my application did not make it through initial evaluation.  My BCP were 2.96 so it did not meet the 3.0 cutoff.  I'm sharing this information hoping it will save someone a few bucks in the future.  My overall science GPA is higher (above 3.0) but since Sullivan uses the BCP, the higher level sciences didn't bump it at all.

Best of luck to all in their journey!  I have 8 other applications out right now so fingers crossed!

Is this what the email said? That's strange because they only talk about science GPA on their website, nothing about BCP. 

2 minutes ago, ExcitedPAstudent said:

Is this what the email said? That's strange because they only talk about science GPA on their website, nothing about BCP. 

Here's a blurb from the email:

"A comprehensive review of your verified application was conducted, and it was determined that you do not meet the minimum standard for Science & Math Prerequisite GPA. This GPA is individually calculated outside of CASPA for each applicant using the weighted grades from the following six program prerequisites ONLY: General Chemistry I with Lab, General Chemistry II with lab, Microbiology, Statistics, Anatomy, and Physiology." 

I am assuming (which I could be wrong) that this is the BCP calculation.  Overall science GPA includes all science courses while the BCP I believe calculates the basic courses.  So no organic, genetics, nutrition, etc.  

Here's a blurb from the email:
"A comprehensive review of your verified application was conducted, and it was determined that you do not meet the minimum standard for Science & Math Prerequisite GPA. This GPA is individually calculated outside of CASPA for each applicant using the weighted grades from the following six program prerequisites ONLY: General Chemistry I with Lab, General Chemistry II with lab, Microbiology, Statistics, Anatomy, and Physiology." 
I am assuming (which I could be wrong) that this is the BCP calculation.  Overall science GPA includes all science courses while the BCP I believe calculates the basic courses.  So no organic, genetics, nutrition, etc.  

The BCP includes physics which isn’t one of their prerequisites. They are saying they only look at those specific classes to calculate their math and science prerequisites which is specific to this school.
Good luck with your other applications!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived