Sullivan Applicant Cycle 2018-2019

1 hour ago, charmalarm said:

Am I the only one who is a little turned off by the way they select students? What I understand is they're offering more interviews (to fill out supp app) than there are interview spots and were all scrambling to fill the supp app quickly. Obviously I would be honored to be extended an interview and would be happy to attend here, but it does seem that there could be a better way than to scramble fast!

I’m not understanding what you mean? Like is there only a few dates left with still a bunch of applicants? 

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, charmalarm said:

There’s gona be open seats when they send out invites tomorow to interview, but just because you fill one out doesn’t mean you’re actualy interviewing since they’re sending out more of those than there are interview slots. It depends on how fast u reply.

That's not true at all. The only thing dependent on how fast you reply is whether or not you get your preferred date. Even if you don't reply quickly, you'll get an interview date. They actually wait to ask people to fill out supplemental apps until they want to interview them, so they aren't asking every single applicant to do so from the beginning. Source of this info: staff at Sullivan from when I toured their program.

6 minutes ago, beckendra said:

That's not true at all. The only thing dependent on how fast you reply is whether or not you get your preferred date. Even if you don't reply quickly, you'll get an interview date. They actually wait to ask people to fill out supplemental apps until they want to interview them, so they aren't asking every single applicant to do so from the beginning. Source of this info: staff at Sullivan from when I toured their program.

Beckendra, thank you for correcting me. I’m really not meaning it as anything bad against the program (I want to go there), I guess I was just confused by the email sent out. Thank you for clarifying.

1 hour ago, beckendra said:

@beckendra Still trying to gain some clarification, maybe they covered this during your tour. Are we to infer if we received the email telling us to check on thursday that we will be getting invited to interview? 

1 hour ago, JuanCabrillo1 said:

@beckendra Still trying to gain some clarification, maybe they covered this during your tour. Are we to infer if we received the email telling us to check on thursday that we will be getting invited to interview? 

I don't have any answers for that one. I will say it's probably never safe to assume anything. Considering it doesn't sound like it was a mass email, I can't imagine they would tell certain people to check their emails for interview invites, then not give those same people an interview invite. But at this point you should find out in less than 24 hours! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you ?

2 minutes ago, caduceus727 said:

In the e-mail I received to interview, it stated, "we fully expect to be booking into the waitlist by Friday afternoon, so please act quickly". From this information I would assume they are sending more invites than they actually have spots for, and that is why it is important to respond quickly, and also why they sent preferences to ensure certain people got spots. However, it's always best to ask the source. Best of luck everyone ? I hope this clarified

Honestly It would have been best to not have this forum. It seems to make people more anxious.  It seems there has been several different emails sent out.  Which makes things so confusing for the applicants.  

Just so everybody knows what was said, the email I received on 9/18 titled "Reminder: Check Your Email Thursday Morning" said:

"This is a reminder to check your email regularly this week, as invitations to recommended students will be going out on Thursday morning. Please act on the instructions immediately, should you be invited and should you wish to attend, as we expect all interviews to be scheduled by the close of business Friday. Once all slots are chosen, applicants who submit supplemental applications will be placed on our interview cancellation wait list, and refunds will not be issued.

We regularly experience cancellations as students accept seats in other programs and cancel their planned interviews. Last year, everyone who elected to remain on our wait list was accommodated with an interview, but this year we have a much larger pool of qualified students, so that may not be possible, depending on how many students elect to join the waitlist.

Please be mindful that your interview is not scheduled until you have received an email confirming your interview date, and we schedule on a first-come, first served basis. This is just a heads up email to remind you to be on the lookout Thursday morning.
Thanks,
Joey "

Then he sent another email to clarify that even if we did receive this "Check your email Thursday morning" email does not mean you will get an interview and supplemental. So those who already received an interview invite from 9/14-9/16 had the advantage of securing an interview time. Based on the language from both emails, once you receive a supplemental, try to complete it quickly and pay. 

Thursday morning cannot come fast enough. Good luck to those who already got interviews and to those still waiting. It'll be alright! ?

Everyone on this forum is completely stressed. You all need to take a breathe and relax. Right now you all need to focus on places you are actually set to interview and move on! No need to compare every thing with others. Sullivan wants to know your personality and about you life, not about how you stack up against each other with stats. Students I have spoken with have applied for 2 years with amazing stats to 15 schools and still not been accepted. Just take a breathe and quit worrying about what everyone else has and focus on what makes you unique. 

56 minutes ago, PAstudent3433 said:

Everyone on this forum is completely stressed. You all need to take a breathe and relax. Right now you all need to focus on places you are actually set to interview and move on! No need to compare every thing with others. Sullivan wants to know your personality and about you life, not about how you stack up against each other with stats. Students I have spoken with have applied for 2 years with amazing stats to 15 schools and still not been accepted. Just take a breathe and quit worrying about what everyone else has and focus on what makes you unique. 

So true ! 

The waitlist is due to making sure they fill their interview dates as much as possible. People get accepted, change their mind, etc. all the time, so they just want to make sure they are giving people the most chances and keeping their interviews full. I got a #2 spot on the waitlist due to not filling out the application quick enough because I worked night shift and I was offered a slot about 3 days later due to cancellations. So if you’re on the waitlist, you can still have the opportunity to interview! I’m a current student, so it didn’t affect my chances of getting in. 

So now that the chaos is over, how about we all take a deep breath and exhale. 

We get to interview!!

I am all about arranging a get-together the night before a session. I am interviewing Nov 9th. I think I may start a separate thread under the school for that date so we can all meet up, if interested of course, and have dinner or something. First round is on me if you get there early!

4 minutes ago, rtimmons said:

So now that the chaos is over, how about we all take a deep breath and exhale. 

We get to interview!!

I am all about arranging a get-together the night before a session. I am interviewing Nov 9th. I think I may start a separate thread under the school for that date so we can all meet up, if interested of course, and have dinner or something. First round is on me if you get there early!

I also would like to meet up ! Anyone who is interviewing on September 28th feel free to PM me and we can exchange our contact info. I would love to meet the night before ! Best of luck to you all !!!

Archived