ATSU 2018/2019 Application Cycle

Hi everyone!  Happy New Year! 🙂 

I will be interviewing on the 7th and decided to fly in from California on the 5th to explore the area a bit better!  If anyone interviewing or current PA students would like to plan to meet up for lunch or dinner the day before, feel free to send me a message so we can figure out the logistics!

On 9/12/2018 at 7:01 PM, Nene911 said:

applicants to this school please we wear that there’s lots of things happening ....they recently just had to dump five students in the 2020 school class in the 2019 lost six students in total so this school is losing a lot of students...honestly I would never recommend to school to anybody who is not an amazing test taker. they really don’t help the students especially minorities, at all. Anyone there will tell you that.  Last December they lost the amacin chair to the program, the guy who sits there now is honestly very cold to students. The exams are brutal beacuase if you fail one, you fail the entire course.  The reason why i am trully writing this, is bc i was blinded in how amazing this school was when i got in. When we asked how many ppl were lost due to academic reason in orientation they lied to everyone... they said they mever loose ppl and is compleatly and sadly false.  However if you are an amazing test taker go for it! Bc the program does have amazing things... just not sure it is what it used to be, even current graduates will tell you that. 

Goo luck everyone kick some interview behind!

Is anyone else who've been accepted worried about this or have heard differently? 

On 1/2/2019 at 2:10 PM, jae22 said:

Hi everyone!  Happy New Year! 🙂 

I will be interviewing on the 7th and decided to fly in from California on the 5th to explore the area a bit better!  If anyone interviewing or current PA students would like to plan to meet up for lunch or dinner the day before, feel free to send me a message so we can figure out the logistics!

I'll be at the interview that day as well! I'm driving down with my family from Utah on Sunday to stay with family in Mesa. I'll see you Monday morning! Good Luck!  

On 1/4/2019 at 11:15 AM, californiahopefulpa said:

Is anyone else who've been accepted worried about this or have heard differently? 

So i    am a current student at. There is nothing to be worried about. I    absolutely love this school and would not have chosen a different one. They give you so much opportunity that I    have found that my other friends do not get the chance to have. It is not all about one test. PA school is hard. I    will tell that to anyone, you have to put the work in to get the results. People who have left have left for personal reasons and so whatever that person who wrote that said "you can ask anyone" well here is a current student and you can ask me and I    disagree with everything that person said. The faculty cares so much about their students success, or else we wouldn't have a 100% PANCE pass rate. They give you so many resources to help you succeed and your classmates as well come together to support one another. Do not be worried, especially those who were accepted. You will not be disappointed. You could have your favorite place and there is always that 1 person who is very vocal and had a horrible time and is trying to bash that place. This is the same thing you can't believe what you hear from 1 angry person, especially if the person isn't in the program any longer. Please don't have doubts ATSU is a great school with great faculty. I     hope this clears up some of you that are worrying, because lets face it we're all typeA personalities and all we do is worry! 

9 minutes ago, Jas1993 said:

So i    am a current student at. There is nothing to be worried about. I    absolutely love this school and would not have chosen a different one. They give you so much opportunity that I    have found that my other friends do not get the chance to have. It is not all about one test. PA school is hard. I    will tell that to anyone, you have to put the work in to get the results. People who have left have left for personal reasons and so whatever that person who wrote that said "you can ask anyone" well here is a current student and you can ask me and I    disagree with everything that person said. The faculty cares so much about their students success, or else we wouldn't have a 100% PANCE pass rate. They give you so many resources to help you succeed and your classmates as well come together to support one another. Do not be worried, especially those who were accepted. You will not be disappointed. You could have your favorite place and there is always that 1 person who is very vocal and had a horrible time and is trying to bash that place. This is the same thing you can't believe what you hear from 1 angry person, especially if the person isn't in the program any longer. Please don't have doubts ATSU is a great school with great faculty. I     hope this clears up some of you that are worrying, because lets face it we're all typeA personalities and all we do is worry! 

Thank you so much!!!! I really appreciate your insight! I'm so excited to attend this program, but I won't lie that I was a little nervous after reading the previous post. You have definitely eased my anxiousness. 

On 1/14/2019 at 7:24 AM, jennn said:

Hey guys! I was just offered an interview today. Is the class filled and is there a good amount of people on the accepted pending open seat list?  

Yes, I believe the class is full. They told me it was full when I interviewed on 12/17 and I was also put on the accepted pending an open seat list.

On 1/11/2019 at 10:32 AM, Hygiene2020 said:

Is ATSU still interviewing? I still haven’t heard anything.

In late November I received an email with an interview offer for late January. I am flying in January 28 for the interview, but I am not sure at all whether there will/will not be any more interview dates. From posts on the forum is seems like they had a nearly full class in the Fall(?) but I wouldn't be sure why they'd bring me in to interview for late January if that were the case. Best of luck to you.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone

ATSU PA-S2 here.  The number of applicants on the accepted pending an open seat list varies every year.  The school recognizes good applicants, for a variety of reasons, and places them on this list both before and after the class is at max capacity.  If you're on this list it means the school likes you as a total applicant, however, there is no way to determine exactly the number of applicants on this list.  The school constantly evaluates all applicants on the list, and in the event someone drops a seat they've claimed; they pull from this list.  The staff usually get together in a meeting type atmosphere and evaluate which students to contact based on all factors (GPA/Experience etc.).  Any other questions, let me know 🙂

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Although no two application cycle years are alike, I would say that it is extremely uncommon if "all" applicants on the pending open seat list get in.  A number were admitted to my class (2019), but the number changes every year.  Its unfortunate, but the school does have a limit on the number of students admitted.  Overall, many more students get declined nationally than accepted.  I think there was something like 3000+ applicants for only 70 seats.  I would say don't give up hope.  If you don't get in, rally, get some more experience, and self-reflect to see why you weren't admitted.  Any other questions, let me know 🙂 

• Upvote 1