ATSU 2018/2019 Application Cycle

2 minutes ago, NicoleJo said:

Anyone that interviewed either the 14th or 19th have any news for us still waiting about open seats/interview dates? Any acceptances sent out? Denials? Wait list spots? Has anyone gotten denied that didn't get invited to an interview?

Still haven't heard anything about a possible interview or denial yet so just curious!

Thanks all 😀

Nov 14? If so, I haven’t heard anything yet 😞 I’m so anxious 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NicoleJo said:

Yes, Nov 14! Did you interview on this date? Sorry I worded my post weird and now I'm confusing myself...haha

I did interview that day! I just didn’t want to assume that it was November haha! When did you interview? I just asked someone else who interviewed the same day if they’ve heard anything yet as well. I can’t stop checking my phone/email. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MarissaA said:

I did interview that day! I just didn’t want to assume that it was November haha! When did you interview? I just asked someone else who interviewed the same day if they’ve heard anything yet as well. I can’t stop checking my phone/email. 

Ok sweet I thought that was what you were saying!

I haven't heard anything from the school yet period aka no interview no denial no anything...I called back in August to make sure they had all my stuff and I got a really nice voicemail saying my file was put with the other applications that were "recommended for an interview" but I still haven't heard anything... at your interview did the admissions coordinator say anything about sending out more interview invites or not? Or how full the class was?

Congrats on the interview and I'm sure you crushed it! Waiting is seriously the WORST following the interview but no news could be good news at this point so stay positive ☺️

On 11/20/2018 at 3:40 PM, NicoleJo said:

Ok sweet I thought that was what you were saying!

I haven't heard anything from the school yet period aka no interview no denial no anything...I called back in August to make sure they had all my stuff and I got a really nice voicemail saying my file was put with the other applications that were "recommended for an interview" but I still haven't heard anything... at your interview did the admissions coordinator say anything about sending out more interview invites or not? Or how full the class was?

Congrats on the interview and I'm sure you crushed it! Waiting is seriously the WORST following the interview but no news could be good news at this point so stay positive ☺️

I feel you. I haven't been offered an interview yet either. However, I was bad and didn't submit my supplemental application until 10/31 (one day before they were due), even though I submitted my CASPA application back in June. I applied last cycle and totally messed up on the essay writing (I basically didn't write essays). So, I spent adequate time writing them and they were both exactly 500 words each. I know submitting them super late may have caused me a missed opportunity to interview, but I still might have a chance.. As do you!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, tiffamber said:

I feel you. I haven't been offered an interview yet either. However, I was bad and didn't submit my supplemental application until 10/31 (one day before they were due), even though I submitted my CASPA application back in June. I applied last cycle and totally messed up on the essay writing (I basically didn't write essays). So, I spent adequate time writing them and they were both exactly 500 words each. I know submitting them super late may have caused me a missed opportunity to interview, but I still might have a chance.. As do you!

Thank you for the kind words! The first time I applied, I turned my app in way late like you did. This is my second time applying. I got my acceptance call today, thankfully! Positive mindset and don’t give up! You totally still have a chance. 

Congratulations to everyone that has been accepted!!

I received an invitation to interview earlier today and chose the first available date which was in January.  From reading the previous posts in this thread, I am under the impression the late interviews are essentially to be placed on the waitlist since approximately 70 offers have been made as of November 11th (thank you so much for the updates by the way, ecolvard). 

Is it possible for a current student to weigh in about this?  Or someone else that has information?  Thank you!

Edited by jae22
  • Like 1

I received an invitation to interview earlier today and chose the first available date which was January 1st.  From reading the previous posts in this thread, I am under the impression the late interviews are essentially to be placed on the waitlist since approximately 70 offers have been made as of November 11th (thank you so much for the updates by the way, ecolvard). 
Is it possible for a current student to weigh in about this?  Or someone else that has information?  Thank you!

We haven’t been given any more updates, but I believe the class is probably full by now. However, there are definitely some students in my class that interviewed in Jan and were later accepted off the “accepted pending open seat” list. I’ll keep you posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 11/30/2018 at 3:19 PM, jae22 said:

I received an invitation to interview earlier today and chose the first available date which was January 1st.  From reading the previous posts in this thread, I am under the impression the late interviews are essentially to be placed on the waitlist since approximately 70 offers have been made as of November 11th (thank you so much for the updates by the way, ecolvard). 

Hi! So when I interviewed on 11/28 they said that although their class is almost full, they still have spots left so I believe you still have a chance to get an acceptance!!! Don't give up hope yet. Plus they said they give out acceptances pending open spots so you could get that as well. 

On 11/28/2018 at 11:50 AM, Lonmor7 said:

For those who were accepted and this is their second year applying, what would you say increased your chances of getting in this year? Just in case I don't get in this year, I want to know what will help next year. 

That would be me! Technically, this is my third year applying, although I didn't take the first year seriously. Changes I made:

Increased GRE score slightly

Accumulated about 1,000 more patient care hours (1 yr full time)

Hometown Scholar (see website)

Applied earlier in the cycle (early June vs shortly before deadline)

I had everyone revise their letters of recommendation, though I think I used the same people except the one who was my sponsor for the Hometown Scholars. I revised my personal statement, though it held the same theme. No changes to GPA. 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2018 at 12:14 PM, tiffamber said:

For those of you that have received interview invites this past week, may I ask when you submitted your applications? (Both your CASPA and supplemental). 

CASPA submitted 8/11

Secondary sumbitted 8/28

I am kicking myself for not submitting earlier.  I would definitely recommend submitting earlier rather than later.  Some programs don't take date of submission into consideration, but ATSU definitely seems like it does - see my previous comment in this thread about the seats for the incoming class essentially being filled up by mid-November.