University of Tampa PA Program

8 minutes ago, CalBears said:

Out of curiousity, what are the main reasons people are declining seats? Getting into their top choice? Having seats I’m already accredited programs? Concerns about the March accreditation review?  Etc. 

im thinking most likely people think its an expensive program and since its not accredited, they dont want to take a risk. also there are reasons like some people have multiple interviews. 

Guest PAhopeful85

I’m currently in the top three so if my math adds up that’s three people declining since the weekend. Hoping for a call!

Edited by PAhopeful85

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 4:56 PM, CalBears said:

Out of curiousity, what are the main reasons people are declining seats? Getting into their top choice? Having seats I’m already accredited programs? Concerns about the March accreditation review?  Etc. 

I declined my seat due to getting accepted into a program that starts in January. It doesn't make any sense to decline an acceptance into a program before knowing where they stand on accreditation. I highly doubt they will have any problems with getting accreditation, but that would be a huge risk. I absolutely loved the program/staff, it's going to be amazing. You should feel very honored to get accepted into such a great program. 🙂  

59 minutes ago, Casey said:

I declined my seat due to getting accepted into a program that starts in January. It doesn't make any sense to decline an acceptance into a program before knowing where they stand on accreditation. I highly doubt they will have any problems with getting accreditation, but that would be a huge risk. I absolutely loved the program/staff, it's going to be amazing. You should feel very honored to get accepted into such a great program. 🙂  

The earlier you train, the earlier you can start rebuilding your life. Kudos Casey! I am on the waitlist, so your decline meant more hope for me. Can someone please verify with me if the original waitlist is 157 or 156 so I can calculate my ranking movement more accurately? according to this forum, there are 5 people declining their acceptances till this point including Casey, and there is also the possibility for more because not all people following and participating in this forum. I am currently in top 3 waitlist out of 153. I am very close to my dream of becoming a PA, and I need a bit more luck. What is my chance at this point? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JustinP said:

The earlier you train, the earlier you can start rebuilding your life. Kudos Casey! I am on the waitlist, so your decline meant more hope for me. Can someone please verify with me if the original waitlist is 157 or 156 so I can calculate my ranking movement more accurately? according to this forum, there are 5 people declining their acceptances till this point including Casey, and there is also the possibility for more because not all people following and participating in this forum. I am currently in top 3 waitlist out of 153. I am very close to my dream of becoming a PA, and I need a bit more luck. What is my chance at this point? 

Hi yes there's always a chance. Im in top 5. And in the same situation as you. Hoping for the best for all of us. I think there was 156.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stallion98 said:

Hi yes there's always a chance. Im in top 5. And in the same situation as you. Hoping for the best for all of us. I think there was 156.

I was in your spot when first learn the news on friday Dec 14th. My heart skips a beat every time I see my rank move up a spot. I have read some of your previous posts. You sounds like UT is your top choice and only chance for this cycle just like me. I hope we can be classmate for the coming inaugural class. Praying for more movements in the upcoming weeks. for both of us. 

Guest PAhopeful85
9 hours ago, Casey said:

When did you contact them to decline your seat?

Guest PAhopeful85
8 hours ago, JustinP said:

We’ve only moved 3 spots though. So I wonder if some of these declines were during the original phone calls before the waitlist was written. 

Edited by PAhopeful85

It seems the faculty and the coordinated staff is about to take a break for their Christmas break which is just a guess. I expect no movement for the next two weeks. One program that I got interviewed at stated that up to 30 percent people are being pulled off the wait list every year, this is the program that offers three positions of accepted, wait list, and rejected; for this reason, their wait list is much more smaller than ours. Regardless, another source claims the standard wait list should be as much as the official class size. For our case of 48 people in the class, 30 percent would be up to 14 people will get pulled off the wait list. Lets see if i can get in this year and about the rough prediction. I feel like watching the stock market every day. lol