University of Tampa PA Program

Guest PAhopeful85

Just got my waitlist packet in the mail. Can someone explain to me the wording of the second paragraph? 

"As a student on the waitlist, you have the potential to get a spot in the current semester. If a spot does not become available, you have the ability to roll over to the next subsequent term as a full admit, without any additional consideration or steps on your part." 

Did they just reword a generic university of Tampa graduate admission letter? 

1 hour ago, PAhopeful85 said:

Just got my waitlist packet in the mail. Can someone explain to me the wording of the second paragraph? 

"As a student on the waitlist, you have the potential to get a spot in the current semester. If a spot does not become available, you have the ability to roll over to the next subsequent term as a full admit, without any additional consideration or steps on your part." 

So eventually everyone will be accepted on the waitlist years down the road? Why does that seem too good to be true lol

That's exactly what it looks like.  Although, I'm guessing that the verbiage has to be taken into consideration.  I'm guessing "potential" means that you have to be at least in the top 48 to roll into the next class.  If you can wait a year, it looks like you're in.  Of course, an email  to the powers that be would be your best bet to confirm.  Let's just hope you get in THIS next year!

4 hours ago, PAhopeful85 said:

I thought they took you off the waitlist already PAhopeful85. 

I think they mean we can keep our current spot according to the scoring system to continue to compete for next year without reapplying. Obviously, there will be more people applying and they also have the chance to compete with our current ranking. It does sound too good to be true though. They may release a correction email stating this is a mistake soon just like they did with asking everyone to have a drug test before the interview lol. 

Guest PAhopeful85
1 hour ago, JustinP said:

I thought they took you off the waitlist already PAhopeful85. 

I think they mean we can keep our current spot according to the scoring system to continue to compete for next year without reapplying. Obviously, there will be more people applying and they also have the chance to compete with our current ranking. It does sound too good to be true though. They may release a correction email stating this is a mistake soon just like they did with asking everyone to have a drug test before the interview lol. 

I never got the call. We only moved two spots since last weekend even though three people here declined since last weekend. Maybe someone’s decline email went to their spam folder lol. 

Hey everyone!

Congrats on being accepted 🙂 I am considering applying to UT's program next cycle. I have a 3.28 gpa w/ over 3,000 hours as an athletic trainer, EMT, and patient support technician over 250 volunteering hours, and over 200 shadowing hours with multiple MD's and PA's. Do you guys think I have a chance of being accepted?

Thanks,

Anne

1 hour ago, Hygiene2020 said:

Has anyone else received their waitlist packet in the mail and if so where are you on the waiting list(approx)?

I got mine yesterday but I’m low on the list in the 40s. I am very confused if they abide by this then how will they even have an incoming class for 2020?? That means everyone gets in eventually? I was going to reapply in April... but if this is true then I’m not going to lol. 

2 hours ago, Hbryan1 said:

I got mine yesterday but I’m low on the list in the 40s. I am very confused if they abide by this then how will they even have an incoming class for 2020?? That means everyone gets in eventually? I was going to reapply in April... but if this is true then I’m not going to lol. 

I have not received my waitlist packet. I still think we who already went through the interview have already received a score. Those students who apply and interview in the next coming cycle will also be received a score like us. If you are in the 40s range waitlist, you will have the option to reapply to improve your score or keep your stand. The thought of all people in the waitlist will roll into official class years down the road is too good to be true and it is not fair for new students who wish to compete for admission. It is just my opinion. I am looking for verification with the admission committee regarding that statement. I am currently on the top 5 on the waitlist. 

5 hours ago, CASPAthefriendlyghost said:

I called Rachel and left her a VM about the WL packet. I want to know about the whole WL rolling over to next term. I received the packet too and it said the same thing @PAhopeful85 stated earlier. I am low on the WL, but it would be nice for some clarification. 

good work, im waiting for her response. i also got the packet today. 

The waitlist packet is very confusing, it is all very congratulatory and it makes it sound like you have been accepted and it confuses me. I am like very low on the waitlist and the way it makes it sound is that I’ll be given a spot eventually? So will they not do interviews next year and just offer everyone on the waitlist a seat? I never heard of any other program ever doing that 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, bbrewer said:

The waitlist packet is very confusing, it is all very congratulatory and it makes it sound like you have been accepted and it confuses me. I am like very low on the waitlist and the way it makes it sound is that I’ll be given a spot eventually? So will they not do interviews next year and just offer everyone on the waitlist a seat? I never heard of any other program ever doing that 

That’s exactly what I thought. My dad read my packet and was like, “I like this letter, looks like they will eventually offer you a seat.” I’m like, “No, dad I’m low on the WL.” Unless we all eventually get accepted. It kinda gives false hope, if that’s not the case. 

No, I got the call on the 11th. That’s when they started making the calls. They just said that everyone would be contacted by the 14th. That’s when they sent out the waitlist emails. I believe that at least the first 10 will all make it into the class. I’m sure that others may follow, as the deadline for the deposit is 1/3 or 1/4. Good luck!

6 minutes ago, Bigkid789 said:

No, I got the call on the 11th. That’s when they started making the calls. They just said that everyone would be contacted by the 14th. That’s when they sent out the waitlist emails. I believe that at least the first 10 will all make it into the class. I’m sure that others may follow, as the deadline for the deposit is 1/3 or 1/4. Good luck!

What makes you think that the first 10 will make it into the class. Do you have any people you know that I've dropped it I I would appreciate your help

Guest PAhopeful85
On 12/28/2018 at 3:45 PM, Bigkid789 said:

Congrats! Were you #1 on the waitlist?

Yes. Originally I was #5. But was at the top spot for almost two weeks. 

Edited by PAhopeful85