University of Tampa PA Program

1 minute ago, han2018 said:

Interviewed 11/19. I wonder if they meant they would call with all the acceptances early in the week and that we would receive rejections or waitlists by 12/14 so that everyone knew their status. I haven’t heard anything 😞

There is no rejection. Only waitlist. They said everyone who doesn’t get accepted is waitlisted. I’m not sure if they are calling applicants today, but I am hoping so! 🙏🏼

2 minutes ago, CASPAthefriendlyghost said:

There is no rejection. Only waitlist. They said everyone who doesn’t get accepted is waitlisted. I’m not sure if they are calling applicants today, but I am hoping so! 🙏🏼

Yes, I meant waitlisted but I guess in my mind if I’m waitlisted too far down it’s almost the same as a rejection. I am hoping so too 🙏🏻 Fingers crossed! Good luck to everyone!

• Upvote 1

I interviewed on 11/19 and got the call Tuesday night. I’m sure they didn’t call all 48 people back at once AND you have to assume that they left messages for some and are waiting to hear back. If some of those folks end up declining after accepting positions elsewhere, I bet they make some acceptance calls today. I’m SURE that’s part of the delay! Keep the faith!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bigkid789 said:

I interviewed on 11/19 and got the call Tuesday night. I’m sure they didn’t call all 48 people back at once AND you have to assume that they left messages for some and are waiting to hear back. If some of those folks end up declining after accepting positions elsewhere, I bet they make some acceptance calls today. I’m SURE that’s part of the delay! Keep the faith!

Who was your group leader? And my friend who accepted a seat at Barry said the same about them probably waiting to hear back from people! Fingers are definitely crossed and trying to keep the faith! 🤞🏻

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Bigkid789 said:

Did the say “top 10” or say “You were #...”?

No they gave me my actual number rank out of 157 waitlisted I’m in the first 10 ranking I just didn’t want to give exact # because it goes by CASPA ID and i’m trying to keep my info private! So happy for you though and I’ll reach out if they get to my number 🙂 

3 hours ago, athleticgingerpta said:

The waitlist has already moved up a spot. What part of the waitlist do you guys think still have a chance? Top 10-20?

I think that numbers 1-5 have a really really good chance. 5-10 there’s a possibility but I feel like everyone has already accepted their seats yesterday so now it’ll just depend on who chooses a different program. I’m sure 10-20 have a chance too, I don’t know how far down programs usually have to pull on their waitlist. Definitely don’t give up hope! Anything could happen. I’m also just trying to be realistic lol

• Like 1

Guest PAhopeful85
12 hours ago, Zeusssyy1207 said:

I was accepted into my top choice and just emailed to withdrawal my waitlist spot for UT. I was in the top 3 and hopefully it helps someone.

So you’re not the person who pulled out Friday night?

Edited by PAhopeful85

1 hour ago, PAsomeday20 said:

Does anyone know the start date for the program?

They said it shouldn't change, but the projected start date is August 26th. 🙂 (with orientation happening the week before. Not sure how many days of orientation though.)

Edited by HMB

31 minutes ago, Bigkid789 said:

It’s too bad that all 200 weren’t ranked with scoring ranks. It would be interesting to see how they ranked everyone and how the quantified some of that information in regards to the interviews, healthcare experience, etc..

what do u mean. when did u interview. i interviewed on nov 5th and they put me in the waitling list. i am in the top 10 waiting list. any chance of getting in??