Yeah I wasn't exactly sure of the minimum but it is okay to have one of them in the 40th percentile.  It's a good thing you have 3 LOR's already hopefully those 3 are good.  You can maybe remind them but sometimes you have to cut your losses. My first cycle I had to get a 4th because one of the original 3 did not submit their LOR until 3 months later.

Either way I thought you only had 1 of 3 LOR's. You should be good and good luck.

PS- one of the students who gave us a tour applied very close to the deadline, interviewed in January and was accepted the same day.  

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, JD2012 said:

Yeah I wasn't exactly sure of the minimum but it is okay to have one of them in the 40th percentile.  It's a good thing you have 3 LOR's already hopefully those 3 are good.  You can maybe remind them but sometimes you have to cut your losses. My first cycle I had to get a 4th because one of the original 3 did not submit their LOR until 3 months later.

Either way I thought you only had 1 of 3 LOR's. You should be good and good luck.

PS- one of the students who gave us a tour applied very close to the deadline, interviewed in January and was accepted the same day.  

Awesome, thanks a lot for your input.

Good luck to you too!  

13 hours ago, hannahleigh1223 said:

How did you guys hear back from your interview? Call, email, letter? I interviewed and wanted to know where they tell us

The timing is not always the same for when you hear back. I interviewed on a Tuesday and received a call for my acceptance that Friday. Received confirmation email of acceptance the following Monday, and the next business week got the packet in the mail.

Someone on here recently, got their acceptance call 2 weeks later. Someone else in my group got their call the following Monday.

1st year student at NSU FTL here! If you have questions feel free to message me. Link below to class FB page, but remember please only request to be added if you have been accepted!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/724503797731525/

Best of luck to all of those still waiting to hear and congratulations to those already accepted! I look forward to getting to know you :) 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, skathryn said:

Can anyone that has interviewed share what kind of questions they were asked? I am interviewing on December 4th and want to be as prepared as possibly! 

People do not post the exact questions at interviews on this forum and you are asked by programs not to share exact details of the process.  What I can say about this interview is that even prepping with the most commonly asked questions will not completely prepare you.

I had to rely on my year of shadowing, and 2 years of healthcare experience to answer some of the questions at NOVA.  

Best way to prep for this is to calm down, take a step back, formulate your thoughts, AND THEN answer each question. Don't rush it.

I never meant exact questions. I was just trying to get an idea if they were mostly based on your resume or more ethically based. I have been to some schools that seem to ask more tricky questions whereas others are more straight forward. 

But thank you for the advice! Congrats on your acceptance! 

1 hour ago, skathryn said:

I never meant exact questions. I was just trying to get an idea if they were mostly based on your resume or more ethically based. I have been to some schools that seem to ask more tricky questions whereas others are more straight forward. 

My mistake!

Expect scenario questions, and questions that go more into detail about your experiences.  As for the tricky scenario questions, there are no right or wrong answers and they just want to see how you respond/process.

Good luck!

On 11/30/2017 at 9:51 AM, skathryn said:

The interview questions were very hand picked and personal. Still, there were other type of questions like ethical questions, opinion questions, behavioral questions, etc.  

I have been accepted into this program but have a couple questions that I'm hoping a current student could answer. I'm unsure if this page is the best place to post this or not. If there are any current Nova Ft. Lauderdale PA students willing to answer a couple questions I would greatly appreciate it. My email is: lillianquimby@gmail.com 

Thank you so much! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, congrats on those accepted and good luck to those waiting to hear! I applied the end of June and have not yet heard anything (interview invite, rejection, etc) and was just wondering if anyone else was in the same boat? Sorry if this question has already been asked/answered, but thanks in advance!

On 12/5/2017 at 1:26 PM, LDQ said:

I have been accepted into this program but have a couple questions that I'm hoping a current student could answer. I'm unsure if this page is the best place to post this or not. If there are any current Nova Ft. Lauderdale PA students willing to answer a couple questions I would greatly appreciate it. My email is: lillianquimby@gmail.com 

Thank you so much! 

Join the facebook group posted just a little earlier on this page and ask questions there.

5 hours ago, PAtobe33 said:

Hey everyone, congrats on those accepted and good luck to those waiting to hear! I applied the end of June and have not yet heard anything (interview invite, rejection, etc) and was just wondering if anyone else was in the same boat? Sorry if this question has already been asked/answered, but thanks in advance!

Hi! I was until today and the waiting is killer. I'm not sure if you have any outstanding pre-reqs but I sent Judy grades from this semester on Wednesday and received an interview invite today (Friday). So I guess they were waiting for those to be finished before they made a decision. Good luck I hope you hear something soon! 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived