• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, bowlerpenguin12 said:

Congrats! Still confused on their timeline, I still haven't heard anything from them

They did mention 2 weeks time for a decision.  So sas595 is on schedule for an acceptance notification.

I would probably give Judy Dickman a call if you haven't heard after the 2 weeks.

On 10/31/2017 at 1:12 PM, JD2012 said:

They did mention 2 weeks time for a decision.  So sas595 is on schedule for an acceptance notification.

I would probably give Judy Dickman a call if you haven't heard after the 2 weeks.

I emailed Judy and she just replied that decision letters will be sent out soon. They never talked about using mail so that was confusing.

Interviewed 10/24 and got my acceptance phone call today around 2pm!!! I spoke to Judy earlier this morning and she explained to me that the admissions committee meets every Thursday to discuss all applicants interviewed that week. However, the admissions committee could not meet last week due to an unexpected personal matter. Good luck to everyone with the rest of their interviews. Go Sharks!!

12 hours ago, Kloffredo said:

Interviewed today and got my acceptance phone call one hour later! Very excited! :) For those who have accepted, let's keep in touch! 

Daaang not fair!  Part of the whole process is that wait after an interview and also the weight on your shoulders!  JK

I think Judy sends out the emails to those accepted with the facebook group eventually. Not 100% sure on that.

On November 5, 2017 at 4:24 PM, aspiringpa123 said:

Hello! 

For the ones that have already interviewed, would you be able to your experience and how the interview process is like? Was it just one panel interview or were there multiple interviews?

You first come in and write a short ethical situation essay for about 30 mins. There are normally five students interviewing that day and you are called one by one into a room where you will interview with two faculty members. The interview lasts about 20-30 mins and then you go back into the waiting room with the other students. At the end you and the other students meet with the program director and he gives you a run down of the program and other little information. Then, you go on a tour of the building with two current PA students. The tour is optional but would highly recommend staying for it! 

On 11/6/2017 at 8:45 PM, sj215 said:

You first come in and write a short ethical situation essay for about 30 mins. There are normally five students interviewing that day and you are called one by one into a room where you will interview with two faculty members. The interview lasts about 20-30 mins and then you go back into the waiting room with the other students. At the end you and the other students meet with the program director and he gives you a run down of the program and other little information. Then, you go on a tour of the building with two current PA students. The tour is optional but would highly recommend staying for it! 

Thank you so much for letting me know!

Just to add to the interview, on our day my group had 4 people interviewing each candidate at the same time. So there is that possibility.

Mostly it was getting to know you type questions, since my GPA was on the lower side they did grill me about how I am prepared to endure a PA program.  Also, there were 3 questions that where it was impossible to prepare for but relied on my patient care experiences to answer them. To restate what I tell everyone for helping in their interviews, I took my time to answer them. Don't rush to answer, that alone will help you a ton.

Hi guys, 

I am currently still trying to submit my application, I see a lot of you have already submitted, had interviews and the whole package. This makes me a little nervous to be honest, should I have completed sooner? Does it hinder me that I'm submitting by the middle of the month? I'm re-taking my GRE next week Wednesday because my verbal was 149, and they want a 152. And I'm still missing two letters of Rec. So needless to say I'm freaking out! 

Also, does anyone have any suggestions on how to reply to their small essays, they have one 200-250 characters which making it hard to complete the point I'm trying to make. 

Mental breakdown has begun.

If you can get in before the deadline that's all that matters for now.  If you have to reapply, get in ASAP!!  Meaning get everything in order, ready to submit for the day it opens.  Meaning you'll have to do the legwork for LOR's prior to opening.  

If one of your sections for GRE isn't a 50th percentile or above that's okay but it also better not be a 38th percentile.  My lowest was my quantitative at 151 which was a 43 or 45 percentile depending on the program. My verbal was 158 (80th percentile) with a 4.0 (59th percentile writing).

I don't know if they'll consider your application complete without 2 LOR's and I don't think CASPA will allow you to submit, so get those in ASAP.  Also, for me getting the submission of LOR's was the most time-delaying aspect of the application since you have to rely on others to submit and it's all based on their time.

2 minutes ago, JD2012 said:

If you can get in before the deadline that's all that matters for now.  If you have to reapply, get in ASAP!!  Meaning get everything in order, ready to submit for the day it opens.  Meaning you'll have to do the legwork for LOR's prior to opening.  

If one of your sections for GRE isn't a 50th percentile or above that's okay but it also better not be a 38th percentile.  My lowest was my quantitative at 151 which was a 43 or 45 percentile depending on the program. My verbal was 158 (80th percentile) with a 4.0 (59th percentile writing).

I don't know if they'll consider your application complete without 2 LOR's and I don't think CASPA will allow you to submit, so get those in ASAP.  Also, for me getting the submission of LOR's was the most time-delaying aspect of the application since you have to rely on others to submit and it's all based on their time.

Thanks for your response! 

I'm applying to other schools, though FIU is a top choice for me. Thankfully I have 5 LOR requested and 2 are missing. So this may be an awkward question but one of the Doctor's is going through a really bad divorce now and I'm trying to get her to submit the letter already, it's been five months since I requested all my LOR's to the references...should I look for a plan B or ask her kindly? 

I thought it was the 40th percentile?! I called earlier this month and they said minimum 152 for both. But wish me luck next week!

Just got off the phone with them, they told me it was for early admissions, so that helped me calm down. I'm missing intermediate Human Physiology but I'm hoping I can speak to them because it'll be fulfilled in the Spring. 

Archived