UF 2017-2018 Admissions Cycle

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, JD2012 said:

Is there one more group of interviews left? I remember there is one after Thanksgiving and that final decisions are made, plus with Irma scattering those that were supposed to interview on 9/11-9/12.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I thought I heard that interviews and decisions would go later than most years because of the hurricanes.

On 11/17/2017 at 7:37 AM, JD2012 said:

Is there one more group of interviews left? I remember there is one after Thanksgiving and that final decisions are made, plus with Irma scattering those that were supposed to interview on 9/11-9/12.

At the last interview, they told us that there was one more interview session left

To those who got interviews/accepted, when did you submit your application to UF? 

I submitted my application June 23rd, UF confirmed my application was received on July 5, forwarded to second level review on October 17, invited on October 20 (an interview spot opened up), interviews October 30/31, and accepted November 6!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does the secondary review email look like? I submitted on 7/10 and I’ve only been able to find this one from 7/17:

Greetings from the School of Physician Assistant Studies at the University of Florida!

We received your application materials from CASPA and your information has been forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review.

Please be sure that all required documentation is uploaded with your CASPA application. If you have not already done so, please have your GRE score report sent electronically to our Admissions office using CODE 0427. This will allow for your scores to be reported to our office as well as to CASPA....

What does the secondary review email look like? I submitted on 7/10 and I’ve only been able to find this one from 7/17:  

Greetings from the School of Physician Assistant Studies at the University of Florida!

We received your application materials from CASPA and your information has been forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review.

Please be sure that all required documentation is uploaded with your CASPA application. If you have not already done so, please have your GRE score report sent electronically to our Admissions office using CODE 0427. This will allow for your scores to be reported to our office as well as to CASPA....

That's the "secondary review" email. Basically, you met the minimum standards (beyond what is published, I don't know what they are) and now are in the literal stack to be reviewed and essay read by the committee. 

Final decisions will be made in the next few weeks, whether that's interview/acceptance/wait list/try again next year.

I can't emphasize how competitive the process is, so don't beat yourself up if you fall short. If UF is still your goal, work on improving and reapply next year. Reapplicants are seen favorably at UF.

All the best!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, BPA2017 said:
Did anyone else find it extremely expensive to travel to Gainesville? Flights from my city to Gainesville cost over $600!

Try JAX, MCO (Orlando, factor in tolls), TPA, even with a rental it's sometimes well worth it. JAX is my favorite BTW, easy in and out, only 1.5hour drive to GNV

On 11/17/2017 at 7:37 AM, JD2012 said:

Well, if it answers your question, I am interviewing Dec 4-5. Pretty sure that is the last day of interviews.

Any pointers guys? Any idea on how full the class is up to this point? Thanks!

As far as I understand it, if you don't get the call a few days after your interview then you'll find out mid-December? Or is there still a chance that you can get a call at any point before December?
There is always a chance for an earlier call. For the most part, however, the majorities of notifications will come in December, with wait list/rejections traditionally coming by mail in January

Hi all! 
I'm set to interview Dec. 4&6. Anyone have any advice specific to UF interviews?! This is my #1 program and I really don't want to mess it up!! Any and all help/encouragement is much appreciated! 
Congrats to all who have been accepted thus far, I hope to see ya in June! :)

Much of the advice I got was to just relax and be yourself. After going through the interview process and being accepted, I completely agree. The interviewers know you pretty well from the essay you wrote and from some of the material you submitted with the application. What they don't know is who you are on a personal, conversational level. The first day will break the ice in a lot of ways and give you a better idea of what to expect. They had a dinner the first night with some of the current students and I just focused on a couple of the students and asked them about their experience. Be sure to take advantage of that.

23 minutes ago, JarrodKearney said:

Much of the advice I got was to just relax and be yourself. After going through the interview process and being accepted, I completely agree. The interviewers know you pretty well from the essay you wrote and from some of the material you submitted with the application. What they don't know is who you are on a personal, conversational level. The first day will break the ice in a lot of ways and give you a better idea of what to expect. They had a dinner the first night with some of the current students and I just focused on a couple of the students and asked them about their experience. Be sure to take advantage of that.

I totally agree. I would also recommend going back through your transcripts and your experiences and be able to talk through any deficiencies or things which you think are unique that set you apart. For me, it was the diversity of my experiences and quantity of quality patient care hours which I really played up. Be yourself and don't stress it. Seriously. I thought I absolutely bombed the interview, to the point that I was already looking at housing options and moving logistics for the other school I was accepted to when Kerry called with the acceptance. You don't know what they are looking for, so be yourself and enjoy the process!!

13 hours ago, knmoeller said:

Hi all! 

I'm set to interview Dec. 4&6. Anyone have any advice specific to UF interviews?! This is my #1 program and I really don't want to mess it up!! Any and all help/encouragement is much appreciated! 

Congrats to all who have been accepted thus far, I hope to see ya in June! :)

I definitely agree with the advice above! At this point they really emphasize getting to know you as a person, so just be who you are. The first day is a long one, especially if you take advantage of the dinner, so make sure to get enough sleep both days as best you can and shake off any nerves for the individual interviews. Be professional, know the common questions, but be able to let yourself shine even though you may be nervous. They really just want to know if you'll be a good addition to the class so they are really looking to get a good feel for your personality. I thought I had no chance with UF before they called me. So stay hopeful, trust the process, and take advantage of opportunities to talk to current students, see the facilities and ask questions! Even though UF is your top choice, you are still interviewing them as well to make sure they are a good fit for you. Be confident!

Archived