UF 2017-2018 Admissions Cycle

Rejected, but here are my Stats! If you did get an interview and scored LESS, that means they see something in you and you got this! 

GRE: 297, 4.0

GPA: 3.67

LOR: 2 from PAs and 1 from my research professor 

Clinical Hours: 2,200

Shadowing hours: 300 

I studied so much for the GRE, but still didn't get over 300, but that's okay! God is still good. Good luck everyone! 

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over the years I've gathered that there is a hard stop on the GRE. My inclination is that they want to be sure an applicant is able to perform on standardized testing, since much of the program is predicated upon computerized testing (section exams put together by the program, PANCE like end of rotation exams) and culminates in the PANCE. Its definitely not a perfect measure by any means, but it is what it is. 

Hang in there! 

As a side note, if UF is where you really want to attende, or for whatever personal situation, have to attend, then try again next year. Reapplicants are looked at positively, especially if they improve year over year. Contact the program early next year for ways to improve your application. The committee does notice these things and makes a note of it when selecting students for interviews and for spots in the class. 

All the best!

I received a call yesterday offering me an interview for October 9th and 10th, after receiving an email about the secondary review on September 3rd.

However, I'm currently a little torn on attending. I'm from NC, so travel expenses are a little high with the multi day affair, and I had a mini heart attack when I was reminded that tuition for out of state is going to be $120k, significantly higher than even private schools much closer to me. ( I clearly overlooked that in my research..)

Any current students willing to share what makes UF's program amazing? What would make it worth the cost difference? I don't want to take an interview spot from someone for whom UF might be more attainable.

1 hour ago, dpgal2011 said:

Can anyone that has interviewed this year or in the past elaborate on what the writing assignment will be on the first day of orientation? It says that you will not need to prepare for it, but I was just curious what the assignment has been in the past. Thanks for any advice! :)

People tend not to divulge what occurs in the interview due to an unfair advantage.  Overall though topics can be very random.

I think this has already been asked, but did the emails say that were considered "1st Review" and "2nd Review"? 

I have this one from 6/7/17:

Thank you for applying to the University of Florida, the state's oldest, and most comprehensive university. A member of the prestigious Association of American Universities, UF attracts outstanding students from the state, the nation and the world, and we are pleased that you have applied to join this group.

AND I have this one from 7/5/17:

Greetings from the School offPhysician Assistant Studies at the University of Florida!

We received your application materials from CASPA and your information has been forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review.

Finished my orientation yesterday and sat in on a morning lecture. It was the first day of cardiology lectures.  Now I am going to nap for an hour or two since my interview isnt until the afternoon in 4 hours.

All I can say is if you have an interview offer here...DO IT!  The faculty, the students, fellow applicants, the health campus have all been mind-blowing.

Take advantage of every opportunity given here.  It is more for your benefit than the program.     

If I get acceptances at both the program near my home and UF, it is going to be a very very very difficult decision.

Does anyone know how late into the cycle UF continues to interview candidates? I was informed last Friday that my supplemental application was MIA and had to send it in again. I'd initially submitted my CASPA 6/27, and had previously re-sent the supplemental on 8/15, so now I'm worried that my application might be toast this late in the game.

Does anyone know how late into the cycle UF continues to interview candidates? I was informed last Friday that my supplemental application was MIA and had to send it in again. I'd initially submitted my CASPA 6/27, and had previously re-sent the supplemental on 8/15, so now I'm worried that my application might be toast this late in the game.

Invites go out through November, so while towards the middle of the cycle, all hope is not yet lost. Last interview is right after Thanksgiving IIRC

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Anybody who has already interviewed able to share what time everything ended on the second day. Thinking of flying home that night to save another nights hotel cost but wasn't sure what would be a safe time to book a flight.
It's a very small airport, so it's easy in and out. I'd give yourself 30-45 min for travel, especially if you're leaving at 5pm, but it will likely be quicker.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I received a missed call and voicemail from Karen on Monday morning (two days ago) at 936AM EST, called back and left her a voicemail at 1016AM, and then left her another voicemail yesterday at 111PM but have still yet to receive a call back. Has anyone else had trouble reaching her after receiving an initial voicemail?

3 hours ago, akc0514 said:

I received a missed call and voicemail from Karen on Monday morning (two days ago) at 936AM EST, called back and left her a voicemail at 1016AM, and then left her another voicemail yesterday at 111PM but have still yet to receive a call back. Has anyone else had trouble reaching her after receiving an initial voicemail?

They had interviews Monday-Wednesday this week so I am sure she will get back to you tomorrow!

I got accepted too!!!!!!!! Omg! I can’t believe it! I interviewed 09/25-26 and was accepted today 09/29 by phone call at 11:43 AM (Texas time, so 12:43 PM Florida time)!! I can’t wait to meet you guys! Congratulations everyone and a sincere good luck to everyone still waiting!! Praying for good news for you all soon!

Archived