UF 2017-2018 Admissions Cycle

I interview on October 30-31. 1st question: Does a later date mean anything?

It means nothing :)

Unless something has drastically changed, which I haven't heard, there will always be an equal number of open seats as interviewees in a particular group. In other words, each interviewee will be interviewing for a seat and not a spot on the wait list.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got a call today for an interview! I see a few people saying that GRE is a major factor in their decisions, however, my GRE sucked. Lol. I got a 302 total in verbal and quantitative, and a measly 3.0 in my writing. The first time I took it, I got a 4.0 in my writing! Idk what happened, but they still invited me for an interview, so don't give up hope!

On 8/2/2017 at 1:55 PM, pbj123 said:

Congrats!! Im just wondering what your stats are?!

GPA, HCE, GRE scores ect?

Major= Sociology & Minor= American Sign Language

GPA= 4.0

PCE Hrs= About 3,500 hrs 

PCE Jobs= CNA/PCA for almost 4 years

GRE= 300 w/ 4.0 on Analytical Writing

Volunteer= About 200-300 hrs 

Shadowing Hrs= About 50 hrs

Hooray! Got the call from Karen this morning for the 10/30-10/31 interview period. Slightly awkward getting the word having just sat down on the commode to do some business and then abruptly aborting the mission to dive for the phone, but that's how it happens.

Also, my GRE scores were pretty mediocre, (158V 149Q 3.5 writing) so don't anybody give up hope based on that metric. Somewhat surprised I got the invitation - another school actually asked that I retake the GRE in order to interview there even. I also have 0 'formal' shadowing and 0 volunteer hours, but a rock solid GPA, references, and 8 years of military medical experience.

Very excited to meet some of y'all there. UF was my undergrad school and I live in Gainesville if anyone has any questions about the town or just logistics. Good luck everybody!

Hooray! Got the call from Karen this morning for the 10/30-10/31 interview period. Slightly awkward getting the word having just sat down on the commode to do some business and then abruptly aborting the mission to dive for the phone, but that's how it happens.
Also, my GRE scores were pretty mediocre, (159V 149Q 3.5 writing) so don't anybody give up hope based on that metric. Somewhat surprised I got the invitation - another school actually asked that I retake the GRE in order to interview there even. I also have 0 'formal' shadowing and 0 volunteer hours, but a rock solid GPA, references, and 8 years of military medical experience.
Very excited to meet some of y'all there. UF was my undergrad school and I live in Gainesville if anyone has any questions about the town or just logistics. Good luck everybody!

Umm, this is the greatest comment I've ever read. It's choke-on-my-coffee great.

Congrats on your interview invite!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, my GRE scores were pretty mediocre, (158V 149Q 3.5 writing) so don't anybody give up hope based on that metric. Somewhat surprised I got the invitation - another school actually asked that I retake the GRE in order to interview there even. I also have 0 'formal' shadowing and 0 volunteer hours, but a rock solid GPA, references, and 8 years of military medical experience.
Congratulations!

There is no typical UF PA student. All the best and thank you for your service!

44 minutes ago, Navydoc8406 said:

Congrats, if you don't mind.. When did you submit your app?

1 hour ago, Navydoc8406 said:

Congrats man! Were you an IDC by chance?

Hello ladies and gents! I sent an email to admissions asking for an update under the guise of "I just wanted to make sure you received my GRE scores..." and wanted to share the reply, for anyone else who is also playing the waiting game:

Our Admissions Committee is working diligently to process over 1,500 applications we received this year. Applications are processed in the order of their “Completion Date”. As you can imagine, our application review process is quite extensive. We will contact you if we require any documentation. Thank you for your patience.

So...nothing to fear! I submitted late July, FYI. 

3 hours ago, GirlTKD said:

Hello ladies and gents! I sent an email to admissions asking for an update under the guise of "I just wanted to make sure you received my GRE scores..." and wanted to share the reply, for anyone else who is also playing the waiting game:

Our Admissions Committee is working diligently to process over 1,500 applications we received this year. Applications are processed in the order of their “Completion Date”. As you can imagine, our application review process is quite extensive. We will contact you if we require any documentation. Thank you for your patience.

So...nothing to fear! I submitted late July, FYI. 

Haha, it's nice to know! Thank you for asking! I'm pretty much in the same boat as you as I submitted my CASPA on July 26th. Does anyone know if you can send updates to UF for CASPA updates? I know it varies from school to school, but I emailed inquiring about it a week ago and have not gotten a response. Don't want to be the person to keep asking, especially when they're probably knee deep in reviewing applicants at the moment!

I'm new to the board and a first-time applicant! Best wishes to everyone and the upcoming cycle!

Haha, it's nice to know! Thank you for asking! I'm pretty much in the same boat as you as I submitted my CASPA on July 26th. Does anyone know if you can send updates to UF for CASPA updates? I know it varies from school to school, but I emailed inquiring about it a week ago and have not gotten a response. Don't want to be the person to keep asking, especially when they're probably knee deep in reviewing applicants at the moment!
I'm new to the board and a first-time applicant! Best wishes to everyone and the upcoming cycle!
You absolutely can, especially if it's a new score or grade. They forecast your HCE as if you continued working until you start, so unless its a new job, there's no need to update that.

Send them an email with the information. They may not respond quickly, but they will do their best to add it to your file

Hi everybody,

I got the "your application has been forwarded for review" email on May 30th, but haven't heard from them since. I have a feeling it's not looking good -  should I check in to see what my application status is? Or just continue to wait?

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!

16 hours ago, mar14 said:

Hi everybody,

I got the "your application has been forwarded for review" email on May 30th, but haven't heard from them since. I have a feeling it's not looking good -  should I check in to see what my application status is? Or just continue to wait?

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!

Yup, that's their automated response to everything LOL. Got that yesterday too and the time before.

1 hour ago, yenreit2709 said:

Hi everyone! I interviewed on Aug 28 & 29th and wasn't among the handful of individuals who were called right after the interview date -- was wondering if anyone else was in the same anxious-filled boat as I am?? Haha. I am constantly wishing for my phone to ring!! 

I’m right there with ya!! 

14 hours ago, yenreit2709 said:

Hi everyone! I interviewed on Aug 28 & 29th and wasn't among the handful of individuals who were called right after the interview date -- was wondering if anyone else was in the same anxious-filled boat as I am?? Haha. I am constantly wishing for my phone to ring!! 

I interviewed 9/25-9/26 and still waiting.  

Archived