UF 2017-2018 Admissions Cycle

4 hours ago, Blueberry said:

So excited for you!

I heard from the grapevine that you will be given 5 grades during the two day interview. A score of 1-5 will be assigned for: the writing assignment, group discussion, and 3 interviews. If you score 5 on all 5 events, you will be accepted the Friday after your interviews. If you score below perfect, you will hear back in December, just before Christmas. An extra interview date was added to December becauae of the hurricane cancelation. This means we all must wait a little longer this year.

Thank you for the heads up!

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Blueberry said:

So excited for you!

I heard from the grapevine that you will be given 5 grades during the two day interview. A score of 1-5 will be assigned for: the writing assignment, group discussion, and 3 interviews. If you score 5 on all 5 events, you will be accepted the Friday after your interviews. If you score below perfect, you will hear back in December, just before Christmas. An extra interview date was added to December becauae of the hurricane cancelation. This means we all must wait a little longer this year.

Please keep in mind that nothing is cut and dry or as automatic as described. In other words, don't think you have to be perfect to get into UF. Yes, it's exceptionally competitive, but they aren't looking for clones and each interviewer is very different. Furthermore, at some point slots will be held to ensure everyone is competeing for a seat and not a spot on the wait list, so not as many people will be hearing immediately. Everything else held equal, odds are about 50/50 that an interviewee will get a seat in the class.

20 hours ago, ndiehl87 said:

Just got invited for interview 10/30-10/31...I've literally never been more excited for anything in my entire life!!!!!!! Anyone else going on the same days?

Just relax, and take advantage of the dinner with students, and the morning lecture.  

23 hours ago, Blueberry said:

So excited for you!

I can say that it does not quite work that way. I have never met an applicant who scored perfectly on everything and yet some still get early notification. There's a lot more to it than  the breakdown you listed.

3 hours ago, woodsters said:

I can say that it does not quite work that way. I have never met an applicant who scored perfectly on everything and yet some still get early notification. There's a lot more to it than  the breakdown you listed.

Yes, that is very possible. I was told this by a second year student at UF. I'm sure the process is not publicized however, even to students once accepted. 

Yes, that is very possible. I was told this by a second year student at UF. I'm sure the process is not publicized however, even to students once accepted. 
While it's "possible" for someone to score perfectly, it's highly, highly unlikely for a multitude of reasons that are not appropriate to discuss on a public forum.

Furthermore, I'd take Woodsters at their word. A cursory review of threads for previous years will demonstrate that they have been posting and adding very useful and consistent information about the program for many, many years.

I know that I would not directly comment on the experience of a current student and frequently defer to their opinion on what it is like to be actually sitting in a seat in Harrell in 2017. Conversely, I can say with confidence that as time has gone on, I've discovered as an alum that there is a lot going on behind the scenes that many students are not aware of. This isn't because things are hidden or they are lied to, but because they just aren't a part of all the processes and discussions that go on. The faculty make sure their focus is on becoming successful PAs and passing the PANCE, not on learning how to run a PA program.

As an applicant and interviewee, my suggestion is to focus on being yourself and enjoying the process and conversations, not on achieving what in the end is a highly subjective, variable and thus essentially impossible level of "perfection" in the interview.

All the best!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, GreatChecko said:

While it's "possible" for someone to score perfectly, it's highly, highly unlikely for a multitude of reasons that are not appropriate to discuss on a public forum.

Furthermore, I'd take Woodsters at their word. A cursory review of threads for previous years will demonstrate that they have been posting and adding very useful and consistent information about the program for many, many years.

I know that I would not directly comment on the experience of a current student and frequently defer to their opinion on what it is like to be actually sitting in a seat in Harrell in 2017. Conversely, I can say with confidence that as time has gone on, I've discovered as an alum that there is a lot going on behind the scenes that many students are not aware of. This isn't because things are hidden or they are lied to, but because they just aren't a part of all the processes and discussions that go on. The faculty make sure their focus is on becoming successful PAs and passing the PANCE, not on learning how to run a PA program.

As an applicant and interviewee, my suggestion is to focus on being yourself and enjoying the process and conversations, not on achieving what in the end is a highly subjective, variable and thus essentially impossible level of "perfection" in the interview.

All the best!

Thank you for the insight. No matter what the interview process is like, I plan on focusing on what I can control, which is exactly what you've recommended!

16 hours ago, GreatChecko said:

All the best!

Thanks, Greatchecko. ☺ Just to clarify, I was saying that it is very "possible " that there is "alot more to it" in reply to Woodsters.

I completely agree with you that "perfection " is highly subjective. All one can do is be their best self while interviewing. 

Happy Friday!

I just completed the 2-day interview process yesterday! I was so impressed by everything that UF has to offer- most notably the advanced sim lab and proximity/accessibility to a top notch hospital in Shands. Overall the interviews were relaxed and made me feel at ease so I could really be myself. Good luck to everyone who has applied for the class of 2020 and congrats to those already accepted to this amazing program!

11 hours ago, neekobeau said:

I just completed the 2-day interview process yesterday! I was so impressed by everything that UF has to offer- most notably the advanced sim lab and proximity/accessibility to a top notch hospital in Shands. Overall the interviews were relaxed and made me feel at ease so I could really be myself. Good luck to everyone who has applied for the class of 2020 and congrats to those already accepted to this amazing program!

I have to second this!

5 minutes ago, leitee said:

Was just offered an interview for next week, November 13th/14th! Was absolutely not expecting this at all, and had given up hope with UF. Any last minute advice/recommendation for the interview process? Also...business professional for both days? 

Biz casual during the orientation day for sure. Simply be thyself, know why you're there, and don't over rehearse anything whatsoever. After interviewing at several schools this cycle I was truly impressed by UF's process. Splitting it into 2 days, by the time you sit down for your interviews you will feel like you've already gotten to know the faculty and staff at UF. Indeed the interviews themselves are comfortable conversations rather than a scrupulous review on anything in your application package. Best of luck and congratulations on the invitation!

26 minutes ago, Navydoc8406 said:

Biz casual during the orientation day for sure. Simply be thyself, know why you're there, and don't over rehearse anything whatsoever. After interviewing at several schools this cycle I was truly impressed by UF's process. Splitting it into 2 days, by the time you sit down for your interviews you will feel like you've already gotten to know the faculty and staff at UF. Indeed the interviews themselves are comfortable conversations rather than a scrupulous review on anything in your application package. Best of luck and congratulations on the invitation!

That’s so helpful, thank you so much!

2 hours ago, leitee said:

Was just offered an interview for next week, November 13th/14th! Was absolutely not expecting this at all, and had given up hope with UF. Any last minute advice/recommendation for the interview process? Also...business professional for both days? 

Congratulations!  I second everything that NavyDoc said.  Also take advantage of the dinner with current 1st and 2nd year students as well as the optional class. The interviews are relaxed so try not to over think it (easier said than done, I know!). They really just want to get a feel for your personality as they have already given you the green light on your application.  On your interview day, you will be placed in a room with 5 other candidates so you can help ease each other's nerves between interview sessions.  You will do great! Try to have fun with it!

10 minutes ago, neekobeau said:

Congratulations!  I second everything that NavyDoc said.  Also take advantage of the dinner with current 1st and 2nd year students as well as the optional class. The interviews are relaxed so try not to over think it (easier said than done, I know!). They really just want to get a feel for your personality as they are already given you the green light on your application.  On your interview day, you will be placed in a room with 5 other candidates so you can help ease each other's nerves between interview sessions.  You will do great! Try to have fun with it!

As neekbeau suggested, take advantage of the dinner with 1st and 2nd years students. Ask about their thoughts on current PA legislation or troubleshoot all the hurtles you foresee being a part of the program. All 3 interviewers made me feel that they already knew me when I walked in the door but just wanted to know me better. Good luck! So proud to be a Gator PA.

7 hours ago, leitee said:

I was also invited a week prior to my interview - just relax and enjoy it. This truly is the best program in the country. Definitely have to agree with everyone above! Do your research on UF's program and review your personal application (specifically why you want to be a PA). Good luck! :)

Archived