UF 2017-2018 Admissions Cycle

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BFS1992 said:

I'm from Gainesville and constantly get telemarketer calls from 352 numbers.  Can anyone who has received a call about an interview from UF tell me the last four digits (or the first three after 352) of the number they call from so I can actually answer the phone! Thanks!

I think someone posted it earlier in the post. Also, if you don't answer. Ms. Kays will leave you a voicemail to call back, which most telemarkets won't do I'm assuming.

Just received notification today that my application was sent to secondary review.

I submitted my supplemental application on 6/7, CASPA confirmed 6/28, email confirmation for initial review on 7/5/17.

I hadn’t heard anything over the last three months, so I tried emailing and calling multiple times, but wasn’t  informed of any  issues with my application. 

Anyone else have any similar problems, or know why I’m just now in secondary review?  Or has this been the norm? 

On 10/11/2017 at 6:00 PM, mar14 said:

Has anyone had any luck contacting UF to check on their application status? 

On 10/11/2017 at 6:00 PM, mar14 said:

Has anyone had any luck contacting UF to check on their application status? 

Nope, but I’m assuming they are swamped this time of year.

Anyone else that interviewed Oct 9th and 11th get accepted?  I haven't heard anything so I'm worried.  I have another program that accepted me and they want me to start the financial aid process and everything since their program starts in January.  I don't want to do the payment option that is due October 25th until I know for sure about UF.  The not knowing is killing me.

12 minutes ago, tamme81 said:

Anyone else that interviewed Oct 9th and 11th get accepted?  I haven't heard anything so I'm worried.  I have another program that accepted me and they want me to start the financial aid process and everything since their program starts in January.  I don't want to do the payment option that is due October 25th until I know for sure about UF.  The not knowing is killing me.

I believe if you havent been accepted by the Friday after your interview, you have to wait until December for a decision. I interviewed Aug 28&30 and still have not heard anything

10 hours ago, tamme81 said:

I would recommend contacting UF via email or phone and let them know your situation. If you are high enough on their "list" they may be willing to give you a seat.

10 hours ago, baoxhoang said:

I believe if you havent been accepted by the Friday after your interview, you have to wait until December for a decision. I interviewed Aug 28&30 and still have not heard anything

This is not exactly true. Although most people will have to wait until the final interview is over, it is possible to hear back any time after the actual interview.

13 hours ago, woodsters said:

This is not exactly true. Although most people will have to wait until the final interview is over, it is possible to hear back any time after the actual interview.

I do remember from last year's thread some people getting an acceptance about a month after their interview.  

I never received one either?

9 hours ago, JD2012 said:

Got it the week after on a Thursday.

10 hours ago, Abbz475 said:

Did anyone who has already gone through the interview process receive the email survey post-interview? I know it's not a huge deal, but I never got mine.

No I never received it either.  I'm thinking it went to spam, but I did a search and it's not there.  I hope that doesn't weight on the decision...lol.  It's weird we didn't get it?

12 hours ago, ndiehl87 said:

Just got invited for interview 10/30-10/31...I've literally never been more excited for anything in my entire life!!!!!!! Anyone else going on the same days?

So excited for you!

I heard from the grapevine that you will be given 5 grades during the two day interview. A score of 1-5 will be assigned for: the writing assignment, group discussion, and 3 interviews. If you score 5 on all 5 events, you will be accepted the Friday after your interviews. If you score below perfect, you will hear back in December, just before Christmas. An extra interview date was added to December becauae of the hurricane cancelation. This means we all must wait a little longer this year.

On Wednesday, October 18, 2017 at 10:22 AM, tamme81 said:

Tamme, hear anything back yet? 

Archived