UF 2017-2018 Admissions Cycle

On 11/28/2017 at 4:29 PM, Casey29 said:

Has anyone else heard anything ? I received an email last week saying that the admissions  committee was interested in interviewing me but it was contingent upon a course  and they requested the syllabus ...submitted the material but  Haven't heard anything since then.

I had to do the same thing, but months ago. I provided the syllabus and lab schedule and they approved it. Emailed me back within a couple days. I think it is SOP for any course not in their database. I also had to take a prereq course post graduation, I told them where I was going to do it, and offered to send the syllabus and lab schedule; they said something like "we don't need the syllabus, we have already approved that course from that college." They asked for mine for A&P and Microbio from a 4 year university, I guess I must have just been the first person to use those prereq classes from that University in a while, because they had no problem with any of my others (that I would be inclined to believe were more critical). 

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/25/2017 at 7:51 PM, knmoeller said:

Hi all! 

I'm set to interview Dec. 4&6. Anyone have any advice specific to UF interviews?! This is my #1 program and I really don't want to mess it up!! Any and all help/encouragement is much appreciated! 

Congrats to all who have been accepted thus far, I hope to see ya in June! :)

Hey congrats! I'll be there too, except my interview date is the 5th. I'm so excited to meet you and the rest of the group!

16 hours ago, Anachronist said:

I had to do the same thing, but months ago. I provided the syllabus and lab schedule and they approved it. Emailed me back within a couple days. I think it is SOP for any course not in their database. I also had to take a prereq course post graduation, I told them where I was going to do it, and offered to send the syllabus and lab schedule; they said something like "we don't need the syllabus, we have already approved that course from that college." They asked for mine for A&P and Microbio from a 4 year university, I guess I must have just been the first person to use those prereq classes from that University in a while, because they had no problem with any of my others (that I would be inclined to believe were more critical). 

hey thanks for responding to me, I am guessing that is the case with me too, as another Florida school that I applied to asked for the same course descriptions. I am just anxious because they have not sent me a confirmation of approval.

1 hour ago, Casey29 said:

hey thanks for responding to me, I am guessing that is the case with me too, as another Florida school that I applied to asked for the same course descriptions. I am just anxious because they have not sent me a confirmation of approval.

I hope they respond soon. I think the last interview group is Dec 4-6.

I got the call earlier from Ms. Kays of acceptance earlier this week! I was half asleep when you called me from my night shift! I honestly thought it was a dream until I got an email LOL. It feels great to be a double Gator, and I hope you guys join me too!

I think from my interview session (11/25), they said that all decisions should be out by December 15th. Best of luck everyone!

I'm wondering if everyone who was offered a seat was picked right after the interviews.  Has anyone who interviewed that was not offered a seat been formally rejected or notified of being on the alternate list?  I'm just wondering if there are any spots left or if hearing nothing is actually a no.  I have already taken out a loan and paid my other school's tuition (starts in January), so I'm not sure if changing schools is even possible if I did hear something at this point.  I was hoping to know before my loan was accepted at the other program.  Graduate plus is credit based and I had to get an endorser, so I'm not sure if changing is even an option.  I would love the opportunity to have that decision to make, though! I was so impressed with UF when I interviewed.

8 hours ago, tamme81 said:

I'm wondering if everyone who was offered a seat was picked right after the interviews.  Has anyone who interviewed that was not offered a seat been formally rejected or notified of being on the alternate list?  I'm just wondering if there are any spots left or if hearing nothing is actually a no.  I have already taken out a loan and paid my other school's tuition (starts in January), so I'm not sure if changing schools is even possible if I did hear something at this point.  I was hoping to know before my loan was accepted at the other program.  Graduate plus is credit based and I had to get an endorser, so I'm not sure if changing is even an option.  I would love the opportunity to have that decision to make, though! I was so impressed with UF when I interviewed.

From my understanding, and I could be wrong, but most of the acceptances are extended towards the middle of December. So maybe next week-ish? The way they explained it during our interviews was that if you didn't hear anything right away, don't stress it because those were just the people who topped their lists off the bat. The majority of people would be getting their acceptance or alternate notification  sometime in mid December. So I wouldn't pack the car just yet :)

1 hour ago, ldarmst said:

From my understanding, and I could be wrong, but most of the acceptances are extended towards the middle of December. So maybe next week-ish? The way they explained it during our interviews was that if you didn't hear anything right away, don't stress it because those were just the people who topped their lists off the bat. The majority of people would be getting their acceptance or alternate notification  sometime in mid December. So I wouldn't pack the car just yet :)

I've already started orientation and payment was posted on December 4th for this other program.  Just judging from the responses on here, the seats have to be close to full...lol.  Congrats to those who have gotten accepted so quickly!  

It was mentioned previously by GreatChecko that there is at least 1 seat left per person interviewed at UF. i.e. If there were 20 candidates during the last interview, that there were at least 20 seats still open. From what I've seen here, acceptance/waitlist can come anywhere from the Friday following an interview (very few) to one month after (more?) to the mid/late Dec "final decision" time. So if you've interviewed, and you still haven't heard anything (especially the Dec group) that you will hear something soon (before Christmas I would assume). Hypothetically the probability shouldn't change depending on when you interviewed, only if you would hear anything before the Dec "final decision" time. And as tmr417 has shown, people from the first interviews are still being accepted. I know the wait is awful, but stay positive!

2 hours ago, JD2012 said:

Just got the email. Rejected, no alternate list, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Just makes my decision easier since I got into my dream program 20 minutes away from home. 

Good luck to everyone else, hopefully everyone has an acceptance somewhere while they wait.

Me too.  I got into my number one program as well, although this one was number one for a while there.  I would have had a hard time choosing.  I probably would have chosen this one due to cost and reputation, but at least my decision is made for me now.

1 hour ago, PAtimes3 said:

If it makes you feel any better, I was straight up rejected too after my interview, and to top it all off, I was addressed as "Ms." in my rejection email and I am a male. 

Omg! 

Have you been accepted anywhere else? 

Things happen for a reason, and there must be a reason why I will be able to stay home while attending, which I am very thankful for.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dpgal2011 said:

For those of you that were accepted, did they give you a deadline by when you had to respond? 

Yeah. When they called they should've given it to you as well, but I believe it is 2-3 weeks after you get the letter by mail. So like a month-ish after the call. 

Archived