Jdabrowski

South College 2018 Start

94 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, alc13b said:

I was just offered an interview for October 13 via email

CASPA submitted June 30

CASPA verified July 4

B.S. in Biological Sciences; graduated as an honors finisher from the honors program, as well as successfully defended an honors thesis project

cGPA = 3.72, sGPA = 3.79, GRE = 317

HCE hrs as a CNA at a hospital = ~300 at application, volunteer hrs = ~300 at application, shadowing hours = 40

Worked as a lab manager/vivarium manager/researcher in a neuroscience lab

Wow congratz!! Good Luck on the Interview :) 

24 minutes ago, Thehopefulallyx said:

Wow congratz!! Good Luck on the Interview :) 

Thanks so much!

58 minutes ago, Argo17 said:

I was also offered an interview for October 13th! Cant wait!

That is amazing! Congratulations! Would you mind sharing your stats? :) 

4 minutes ago, Sea22 said:

I'll also be there on Oct 13. CASPA submitted August 7.

Congratulations! Would you mind sharing your stats please? :) 

4 minutes ago, Sea22 said:

Sure. Cumulative: 3.45, science: 3.89. GRE: 315, 5.0. About 120 hours volunteering in a hospital, 40 PA shadowing hours, and I've been working as a full time surgical tech since June (so not a ton of hours there). I'm a non-traditional applicant, coming from a non-healthcare field before surg tech. 

Thank you, and congratulations! Good luck on your interview, and let us know how it goes!

Cant wait to see y'all in October, congrats. I'll be there helping with your interview. 

I will also be joining everyone on October 13! I've never been to Tennessee so if anyone would like to meet up the night before and explore a bit, let me know.

Incoming students, I heard through the grapevine that South is providing you guys with the PA school prep course before you start, is this true?  This would be awesome!

On 9/6/2017 at 3:24 PM, 8404PA said:

Cant wait to see y'all in October, congrats. I'll be there helping with your interview. 

Can't wait to meet everyone there! Do you have any advice for the interviews? 

I'lI be there on October 13th, as well! Flying in the night before if anyone wants to explore the area and/or get dinner!

I already sent my application to South College !!  good luck to me !  :)

I was recently accepted into another PA program, so I gave up my interview spot for 10/13. Hopefully another candidate gets to take my interview seat and good luck to all those applying!

On 9/29/2017 at 9:22 AM, alc13b said:

I was recently accepted into another PA program, so I gave up my interview spot for 10/13. Hopefully another candidate gets to take my interview seat and good luck to all those applying!

congratulations !!

I know I shouldn't be nervous about not hearing anything from them since this was only the first interview, I'm just praying that they will interview and accept me!! 

10 hours ago, Dharri20 said:

Has anyone else been offered an interview? I haven't heard anything yet.

I have not heard anything yet. Still a lot of time left. 

26 minutes ago, Jdabrowski said:

I have not heard anything yet. Still a lot of time left. 

Yea there is so much time, we probably won't hear from them until december-jan. for next interviews! 

On 10/6/2017 at 9:14 AM, Thehopefulallyx said:

Yea there is so much time, we probably won't hear from them until december-jan. for next interviews! 

I just saw others being offered interviews so I was worried

On 10/7/2017 at 1:49 AM, Dharri20 said:

I just saw others been offered interviews so I was worried

I completely understand, this wait is mentally exhausting (nothing compared to actual PA school xD) Stay strong and good luck :) 

9 hours ago, Thehopefulallyx said:

I completely understand, this wait is mentally exhausting (nothing compared to actual PA school xD) Stay strong and good luck :) 

Thank you and good luck to u as well. 

How were interviews today? I have applied for this cycle as well, but have not been offered an interview yet. 

The interview day was fantastic. SO impressed by all of the students and faculty, and the facitilites. Both first and second year students were there to answer questions and give tours. Got a great vibe. I was accepted - they tell you at the end of the day. Good luck to everyone, I'm thrilled to be joining the class of 2020 next fall. 

2 hours ago, Sea22 said:

The interview day was fantastic. SO impressed by all of the students and faculty, and the facitilites. Both first and second year students were there to answer questions and give tours. Got a great vibe. I was accepted - they tell you at the end of the day. Good luck to everyone, I'm thrilled to be joining the class of 2020 next fall. 

Congratulations on your acceptance. Was it one on one interview or group? Was the tour etc before to looking u up or after?

That is so awesome they tell you at the end of the day!! Congratulations to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Dharri20 said:

Congratulations on your acceptance. Was it one on one interview or group? Was the tour etc before to looking u up or after?

Not sure what your second question is... the format was: informal convo with students at breakfast, intro of program/faculty, tour, one hour group interview, lunch, then individual interview (which was short, they tell you if you're in or not and what they might want you to continue to work on).

2 hours ago, Sea22 said:

Not sure what your second question is... the format was: informal convo with students at breakfast, intro of program/faculty, tour, one hour group interview, lunch, then individual interview (which was short, they tell you if you're in or not and what they might want you to continue to work on).

congratulations !!!  do you have any idea how many students were accepted ? 

Hey guys! I just applied to South College on Oct 8th and received an email on Oct 12th saying everything was received and ready for review. I'm wondering what the timelines have been for others to be offered an interview? I'm refreshing my email too often and stressing myself out (already) :)

5 hours ago, HMtoPA22 said:

Hey guys! I just applied to South College on Oct 8th and received an email on Oct 12th saying everything was received and ready for review. I'm wondering what the timelines have been for others to be offered an interview? I'm refreshing my email too often and stressing myself out (already) :)

I think the timeline is different for everyone depending on stats and such. I submitted in June and haven't heard anything yet. 

Agree with who posted above. I submitted in May. Haven't heard anything.

On 10/14/2017 at 1:49 PM, Sea22 said:

You answered what I was asking.  Thank you. Congratulations again. 

On 10/15/2017 at 4:08 PM, haleycmaxwell said:

Agree with who posted above. I submitted in May. Haven't heard anything.

Thanks for the input! I'll go ahead and settle into the wait game.

On 10/13/2017 at 8:36 PM, Sea22 said:

Have you received your official acceptance email/know when the seat deposit is due??

I applied and was verified by August 24th. I haven’t heard anything... when will I hear something and will I receive some type of notice if I’ve been rejected ? Any info is greatly appreciated this is my 3rd year applying !

On 10/27/2017 at 11:10 AM, lauren7409 said:

I applied and was verified by August 24th. I haven’t heard anything... when will I hear something and will I receive some type of notice if I’ve been rejected ? Any info is greatly appreciated this is my 3rd year applying !

Same here. Last year when I applied I didn’t hear back until March of this year about not getting an interview but my stats have changed in a positive since then

Sorry if this has already been addressed- anyone know if interview invites are still being sent?

1 hour ago, mg023 said:

Sorry if this has already been addressed- anyone know if interview invites are still being sent?

They are but not until January. South has one interview in october then the rest in the new year.

Is it too late to apply? I know the deadline is March 1st but I'm wondering if its too late for me too apply since people have already been accepted.

2 hours ago, hperna said:

Is it too late to apply? I know the deadline is March 1st but I'm wondering if its too late for me too apply since people have already been accepted.

It is not too late to apply. The interviews usually go until April

Not to be a Debbie downer, but has anyone received a rejection letter yet or do they wait until all applications are in before sending them out?