South College 2018 Start

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Thehopefulallyx said:

How long did your GRE take, I'm on day 14 and My scores still aren't reviewable!! 

Hey, I took it on June 7th. It took about 10 days for my scores to be reported. Since my scores were already reported when I submitted my application it only took a few days for SC to receive them.  ETS usually says about 7-10 days after testing for your scores to be posted and if you put in the CASPA code on test day it shouldn't take long for them to get your scores.  Just be patient and good luck to you! :)

On 6/16/2017 at 8:51 AM, CSCH said:

Hi guys! I'm a current student, willing to attempt to answer any and all questions. I graduate this December, so I can answer clinicals-related questions, too. :)

Hey CSCH,

I was wondering where students complete their clinicals, and if you have a choice to do some in different cities.  Also, so you feel like you're seeing a diverse enough patient population to learn enough in Knoxville? I know it's a smaller city, so I'm worried you might not be exposed to as much during clinicals.

Thank you for any insight you can offer!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I am new to this forum and this is my first time applying to PA schools. I graduated this summer with a Bachelors in Biology and was wondering what my chances are like at this school with my current stats. 

cGPA: 3.13 (I failed a lot of classes during my sophomore year due to familial circumstances) 

sGPA: 3.22

Last ~75 credit hour GPA: 3.60

GRE: 149v, 154q, 4.0 writing 

PCE: 1500+ hours as a CNA 

Volunteer: ~100 hours 

Leadership in a Pre-PA society (Secretary) 

Becoming a PA is my dream and I am definitely prepared to reapply in the next cycle knowing I have a low chance of getting accepted. There's not much I can do to change my GPA at this point, but I know I can improve on my patient care and volunteer hours. I also have not had the opportunity of shadowing any PA's, which I will definitely be doing this semester along with finishing up my last prerequisite - Anatomy & Physiology II. I also completed a lot of advanced level biology courses and have research experience. 

My CASPA and supplemental have been verified and received in late July. Do I have a chance? 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I received an email because I hadn't submitted my supplemental application and it says file reviews will begin in October 2017 and interviews will begin in November 2017. I applied in February my GPA and get are low they are "acceptable " but not competitive but I'm just reapplying and studying for the GRE and waiting to hear back.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just offered an interview for October 13 via email

CASPA submitted June 30

CASPA verified July 4

B.S. in Biological Sciences; graduated as an honors finisher from the honors program, as well as successfully defended an honors thesis project

cGPA = 3.72, sGPA = 3.79, GRE = 317

HCE hrs as a CNA at a hospital = ~300 at application, volunteer hrs = ~300 at application, shadowing hours = 40

Worked as a lab manager/vivarium manager/researcher in a neuroscience lab

Archived