Application cycle 2023-2024 (Nashville)

I submitted my application in late May. I received an email saying that they are in the process of reviewing applications and that interviews will be virtual. Hoping to hear back about an interview! For those of you who have received invites, what are your stats?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2023 at 12:35 PM, AshtonH said:

I submitted my application in late May. I received an email saying that they are in the process of reviewing applications and that interviews will be virtual. Hoping to hear back about an interview! For those of you who have received invites, what are your stats?

Can you provide an email for me to contact them?  I’ve submitted everything and still haven’t received a confirmation email from them or anything . Thx!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
11 hours ago, TylerMarie said:

Has anyone heard anything? I submitted in late July and was told it was going to be under review because everything was “finished” but I haven’t heard a single thing since. Should I reach out to them again or???

Just received a rejection email this morning :(

Just now, TylerMarie said:

I didn’t get an interview no- and I applied Late July

Dang.. I'm sorry to hear that! I wish you the best of luck with the rest of this cycle, I have yet to hear from any schools except one straight rejection so I know how frustrating/ upsetting that is. I also saw you said you wish you knew why and I don't think it would be bad if you emailed asking them how you could improve your application if you wanted to know! 

53 minutes ago, hopeforthebest said:

Dang.. I'm sorry to hear that! I wish you the best of luck with the rest of this cycle, I have yet to hear from any schools except one straight rejection so I know how frustrating/ upsetting that is. I also saw you said you wish you knew why and I don't think it would be bad if you emailed asking them how you could improve your application if you wanted to know! 

I ended up emailing them and this is what I got. I am a B/A student leaning more on the B side and for my school I can not retake classes if I have a B in them so I’m not sure how to raise my GPA… 

South College-Nashville would like to thank you for your consideration of our program. Unfortunately, we are limited to a specific number of seats, making the decision process difficult. The competition has risen dramatically over the past years, making the admissions process harder for individuals applying and for us to select potential candidates. Unfortunately, your GPA is where you fell behind in the competition. Our most recent cohort is coming in with an average overall GPA of 3.7 and an overall Science GPA of 3.68. Additionally, the cohort starting in the fall of 2024 currently has an overall GPA of 3.84 and a Science GPA of 3.7. The fastest way I have seen individuals improve their application is by retaking the GRE and improving that score. I hope I have clarified the decision, but if there is still any confusion, please let me know. I will help the best I can. 

On 10/2/2023 at 7:16 PM, mafl129 said:

I received a confirmation back in early August for my application but haven’t got an interview OR rejection yet so I’m extra confused … are there no more interviews?

I'm in the same boat, I think they just continue interviewing until February until the class is full and fill a waitlist