UTMB 2016-2017 Admissions Cycle

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Were any other interview sessions besides 10/3 double interviews (AM & PM)?

Does anyone know if there's still a chance we can receive an acceptance if we didn't receive one the following day? I just want to know if there's still a chance [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They told us at the interview that you can be accepted any time from the day after your interview till December. They also went to 50 on the wait list last year so don't lose hope yet

Were any other interview sessions besides 10/3 double interviews (AM & PM)?

Does anyone know if there's still a chance we can receive an acceptance if we didn't receive one the following day? I just want to know if there's still a chance [emoji53]

10/10 was also a double interview (AM and PM sessions) - wouldn't be surprised if all the interviews were double, since they're interviewing double the number of applicants this year compared to previous years

10/10 was also a double interview (AM and PM sessions) - wouldn't be surprised if all the interviews were double, since they're interviewing double the number of applicants this year compared to previous years

First I heard of there being a double interview was 10/3; didn't even mention it to us when I interviewed in August. There was around 40-50 of us on my interview day.

Hey all.. Just wondering if I'm the only one still in this boat.. I haven't heard from like half of my schools and it already seems so late in the cycle.. 

My CASPA was verified June 16th

Great GPAs for undergrad and grad and science alone (3.75+)

Just completed my Master's Degree in HR & Operations

lots of volunteer and shadowing and clinical hours

previous medical school student

JW if others still haven't heard back either... :(

Hey all.. Just wondering if I'm the only one still in this boat.. I haven't heard from like half of my schools and it already seems so late in the cycle..

My CASPA was verified June 16th

Great GPAs for undergrad and grad and science alone (3.75+)

Just completed my Master's Degree in HR & Operations

lots of volunteer and shadowing and clinical hours

previous medical school student

JW if others still haven't heard back either... :(

I'm in the same boat. 3.7 GPA undergrad...3.7 GPA Pharm.D. with similar time frame on CASPA. Just received rejection from UNTHSC ...not looking good for UTMB at this point for me. Maybe my personal statement sucks lol. Good luck to you.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Is this just due to the number of applicants drastically increasing? Or perhaps they have more spots available? Or both?

At the interview, we were told they were only accepting 90.

Oh wow. I'm really going to have to be on top of my game then!!! 

I got mine today as well! =D

Congratulations!!!

Congrats on the invite mamatx!

Thank you!!! 

Hi everyone,

Just received my interview invite for Nov 7, anyone else interviewing then?

I'm also trying to figure out if this is the last round of interviews or if they are interviewing for the waitlist at this point. Interested in this program but have been accepted to other schools so I just want to make sure it would be worth the expense to go out and interview.

Is anyone familiar with the area? I was wondering the best place/cheapest to stay near the university. I'll be flying down the 6th if anyone is interested in meeting up beforehand to sight see the area!

I stayed in the Harbor House. Cool hotel, reasonably priced, and 3 minutes from the school. I took a taxi (Yellow Cab) to my interview, called them an hour before to come pick me up. I used the Galveston Express shuttle to take me back to the airport (only $30 dollars). They have a Ben and Jerry's ice cream off the strand and several restaurants, about 10 minutes from the hotel.

Archived