UTMB 2016-2017 Admissions Cycle

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So when is UTMB is supposed to send out their acceptance letter and their waiting list? I haven't received anything since the interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think acceptance are usually notified within a few days after the interview. In December, they'll let you know if you're waitlisted or rejected

Has anyone else heard anything? Or know of someone who has heard of something regarding acceptances etc? Doesn't sound like too many invites have been extended. 

My friends who interviewed in October and November haven't heard anything yet. Last year the waitlist came out on December 2nd, so it shouldn't be too much longer.

Received an invitation for the wait list today. Number 23. Will be giving up my spot as I have happily accepted elsewhere. Hope this gives someone else an opportunity to go! Good luck all

I received an invitation for the waitlist yesterday as well. Initial interview was Nov. 7. Im listed at #54. Gotta appreciate all those who make room for me to move up!

Does anybody remember the stats they gave during the initial presentation regarding admittance off the waitlist? I want to say that they said the top 30 almost always get accepted, but I've also heard that the top 50 is a good spot to be in. I can't remember exactly.

Also how long is the waitlist normally? I feel like I remember someone saying it is at least 100 people.

Archived