UTMB 2016-2017 Admissions Cycle

Did everyone who applied/got in/or waitlisted have working patient care hours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most (i.e. 99%) of my medical experience is from scribing in an ER and an orthopedics clinic. The other bit is from volunteering as a nurse aid at a free clinic. Similar responsibilities as LPZ above me.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No proof in the traditional sense. You do have to write in where you completed your hours, what you did, etc. It has am option to write in address, supervisor, supervisor contact info, etc. I wrote all this in so there would be no question of authenticity. Keep in mind that your recommendation letters will be from professors or supervisors so everything needs to match up. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions. I'm happy to help.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone! I just wanted to throw in a plug... I am in the middle of didactic year at UTMB and just launched a new blog that will encompass a lot of helpful PA school advice, information, and fun related content. the blog is http://balancingchina.com 

If you want to subscribe, you will be notified of any new posts. As new content gets published, it will help prepare you for school and give you some insight into what didactic year (and beyond) is like, especially if you are specifically interested in UTMB (which you should be because it is awesome! :) ) 

Schedule

For whatever reason, the link redirects to the beginning of this thread for me. This one works though: http://www.balancingchina.com 

If you want to subscribe, you will be notified of any new posts. As new content gets published, it will help prepare you for school and give you some insight into what didactic year (and beyond) is like, especially if you are specifically interested in UTMB (which you should be because it is awesome! :) ) 

Current first year student here! For those of you that have been accepted, congrats! I'm so happy for you! I know you're so excited to jump in! I wrote a blog post that covers my favorite resources from didactic year so far. Some of them will be used throughout clinicals as well. If you want to check it out, my blog is www.balancingchina.com. I've included links as well. If you have any questions (I had a million), don't hesitate to contact me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived